TheWizard's Forum Picture

Default Should drugs be legal?

I think drugs should be legal,

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:02 AM   #2
Jono
Awesome Poster

I don't, I am glad they are not, they are killers. A few moments of pleasure is worth risking your entire life? If you think that then issues need to be sorted out.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Doug
Awesome Poster

Where do you get "Drugs should be legal" from?!?!?!?!

Formerly known as CARNAGE and Paint it Black.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:17 AM   #4
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I think some of the legal drugs should be illegal, and some of the illegal drugs should be legal...

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #5
Anonymous
Unregistered

You would have to be careful, a lot of the illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. We have enough of a problem with alcohol, if drugs got legal we would start "binge taking" them aswell and all would be bad.

At the moment lots of people take them but to avoid getting caught they don't go out in public when they do. So I think keeping the laws at least stop un-ruely behaviour, again like the problem with alcohol.

So yea, I'm not against some drugs, maybe just making the laws a bit more loose so we can get them into the country easier
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #6
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I think weed should be legal.

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:23 PM   #7
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I think weed should be legal.
Now that I do agree with!
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:07 PM   #8
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06's Forum Picture

ok i dont do drugs at all but i think they should be legal because...not only would america get money from it (taxes) people are still gunna get it ne ways if they dont....
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #9
teenboy9

Why we have the laws is because ya some people would do it anyway, but because it makes it harder to use, and sell. If there were no laws, there would be more drug usage, and ya weed does not seem so bad, but when my friends boyfriend comes after her with an electric drill because of a Cocaine addiction, I am not in favor of taking away these laws. Weed has long term effects with continued usage. Over time peoples modivation to do things goes down. Studies have shown that it can cause people to move slower and not be able to think as fast. At least in this case I have to agree that keeping these laws is whats best for the nation, and for the health of its people.
teenboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #10
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

its like drink, if it was made legal, it wudnt be a problem with teenagers cuz it wudnt be breaking the rules, so it wudnt be rebelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:46 PM   #11
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

yeah...kids would stop getting drunk as much cause kids see it as its not fun ne more cause its not illegal
Old June 26th, 2004, 01:32 AM   #12
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get really badly drunk even though it's kinda legal. So I see your reasoning but don't think it would work.
Old June 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #13
roxy4sixty9
Member++

Location: somewhere on some street in some house in Missouri USA

i think if things were legel then kids wouldnt do it as much

Alone in my world of pain....help me find a way out~~~~Jesse
roxy4sixty9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #14
teenboy9

I agree that we should have drinking ages reduced bellow the teenage years, or taken away. My friend has known this girl from france for most of her life, they are good friends. She came into the states, and she was saying that teenage drinking is not a big problem because it has always been allowed. Teenagers look for ways to rebell, and if the adults say no, its a thing that teenagers want to do. But if they say ya, you can drink, its no longer rebelling. Yes some people will drink too much, but their going to do that either way.
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM   #15
Katie

Katie's Forum Picture

No I don't think they should.
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #16
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

There are so many drugs that are manufactured by the drug companies that are killers.

Then look at ecstasy- there are very few deaths related to it, less than most pharmasutical drugs, and it has less side effects than anti-depressants (and works better).

Marajuana is an awesome drug that has been used medicinally much longer than it has been illegal. The only reason it is illegal is because it is a plant, and the drug companies can't patent it, or make any money off of it (The stuff grows anywhere...)

Cocaine and Ritalin are (interestingly enough)basically the same thing. Ritalin is only less addictive, yet it is still sold at schools. If it is snorted, it is much worse for you than cocaine.

The government needs to make some things illegal, and some things legal. I wish I were at the head of the FDA...

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #17
teenboy9

Wow I never knew you were so liberal. Weed for medical purposes I can understand, but not casual use. Also there are a good number of deaths each year in clubs from kids doing ecstasy either from not getting enough water (because you can dry out quickly on E) or if the pill is mixed with something else can also cause death. Now if it was legal and mass marketed, then you would not have to worry about the latter, but I see no good reason to make it legal. Almost all drugs have negative long term effects, and I do not see why its a good idea to make people unheathy. (Unless it can be used for a medical purpose, but then it still would be for short term use, only given out by doctors.
Old June 27th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #18
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

nice anaysis dude
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:05 PM   #19
SexyMermaidLady
Unregistered

I think medical marijuana should be legal.
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:37 PM   #20
Firestar
Junior Member+

I thought medicinal marijuana was legal... well it is here in Oregon anyway. You get a green card or something and they let you grow a certain amount of plants for your own use.

Check out my online diary at http://onlydespair.diaryland.com !
\"...found a box of sharp objects, what a beautiful thing\" - A Box Full of Sharp Objects by The Used
http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/..._depressed.gif
http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/...ckers/meds.gif
Firestar is offline   Reply With Quote