Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old February 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM   #21
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK
Default Re: Ritualistic Behavior/Nervous Ticks

Haha... I forgot to say some things because they're not normally things I think about while I'm not doing them.

When I'm sat down in college sometimes I keep drumming the top of my legs because I find it hard to keep still and every time I do that my friend (girl) starts to look at me with a really creepy expression. It's something I find hard not to do and she keeps telling me it makes her horny which is quite disturbing...

Sometimes when I hear words I get them stuck in my head for a short amount of time and because of this I keep moving my hands to make it look like I'm writing them down when actually I'm not. I can't really explain it but it's stupider than it sounds

Every time I get angry with something while I'm doing my work I just turn off finding it hard to continue because I suddenly forget what I was doing and forget how to do it. I normally have to give myself around 10-15 minutes to calm down before I can do more work because of how bad the anger is for me

Sadly rocking back and forth isn't so easy when your classroom floor isn't a carpet and the tables are extremely easy to move by accident... I used to rock the chair back and forth a lot in school but in college that's somehow stopped

Also, whenever my friend starts sneezing (SHE DOES IT A LOT) I suddenly start counting in my head and I actually can't help this. I've become used to counting how many times she sneezes because I thought 3 was bad enough but she can sneeze 10 times before stopping. And I know she does it too because one time she actually corrected me when I counted 1 over on something -.- she is severely disabled and I think also autistic so I'm guessing it's something to do with that as my brother never says about counting things involuntarily :p I have to count a lot of other things I do too because I prefer multiples of 5 to any other number... So if I'm drinking something I either have to have 5 or 10 sips (there's a word I hate) before I can put the drink down :L

I do a lot more I need to think about but when I'm not in college it's hard to because most of my different things happen there. I'm only ever on the computer at home so no space for me to be fiddling around with things because I have the TV, games and music to keep myself un-bored but that's hard in college and school :3
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #22
Dannibabi
Banned

Name: Danielle

I sort of bounce my leg often without noticing, or else tap my foot or fingers. I almost always have to be doing something like that and it often increases when I get nervous or anxious.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:31 AM   #23
Rockshe
Banned

Name: Shanon

i have this when anxious i find myself do things like touching stuff or sometimes rocking but when i'm stressed my tourettes flares up instead...
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:32 AM   #24
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK

I always find myself flapping my hands a lot and my friends keep telling me to shut up because of it when most of the time I just end up doing it without realising
Old April 8th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #25
Desuetude
---

Desuetude's Forum Picture

Name: Isaac

Bite my nails pretty severely until they bleed - I can prevent this if I have a lolly stick or something to chew on but chewing gum doesn't work. I shake my legs if I'm sitting down and if I'm standing then I'll shuffle my feet. If I have paper or I'm near a tree with leaves I'll rip it up into tiny pieces subconsiously which is probably what people notice most because obviously shit goes all over the floor.

I have a fear of public speaking and performing in public so during those times I feel really bad anxiety and I start to twitch and stutter which makes me feel so uncomfortable and even worse.
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:34 AM   #26
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee

I've added some stuff here before but here's my complete list;

- Biting tongue
- Biting inside of mouth in general
- Biting nails (all the time)
- Cracking joints
- Finer movements
- Blinking
- Thing with my glasses
- Pulling on my eyelids (Sounds weird, can't explain it)

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Old April 20th, 2014, 07:07 PM   #27
rianvice
Junior Member+

Name: Kashina

Whenever I get in trouble with a teacher, my eyebrow twitches...I also used to be in a choir and I had a solo and my eyebrow kept twitching. I also tend to swallow A LOT when I am nervous, but then I feel like people will hear me and judge me so then I try to stop, but then I almost choke....this sucks so much, because it happens so often. I go to a Catholic school, so when we go to Church it is always quiet....

I don't even know anymore.
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:01 AM   #28
Cognizant
Smoothie King

Cognizant's Forum Picture

Name: Patrick

I wouldn't say I have any tics, but I become very hostile. I will also start hyperventilating and stuttering if it gets too extreme. I also squirm a lot.
Old September 18th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #29
RazorTourniquet
Junior Member+

RazorTourniquet's Forum Picture

Default Re: Ritualistic Behavior/Nervous Tics

I usually bite the inside of my cheeks, crack my neck and fingers, scratch myself in parallel lines, scratch my head, play with my bracelets and other kinds of stupid behaviour. My parents get really irritated by my tics and we often have arguments because of them. I could only remove a tic by replacing it with another one.

Is there life before death?
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #30
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

Default Re: Ritualistic Behavior/Nervous Tics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorTourniquet View Post
I usually bite the inside of my cheeks, crack my neck and fingers, scratch myself in parallel lines, scratch my head, play with my bracelets and other kinds of stupid behaviour. My parents get really irritated by my tics and we often have arguments because of them. I could only remove a tic by replacing it with another one.
Please don't post in threads with more than 2 months of inactivity.

val
Closed Thread