Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 138 13.40%
Atheism 311 30.19%
Buddhism 12 1.17%
Christianity (Please Specify) 409 39.71%
Hinduism 9 0.87%
Islam 33 3.20%
Judaism 17 1.65%
Wicca 17 1.65%
Other (Please Specify) 84 8.16%
Voters: 1030. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 18th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #3321
ChaseDakoda
Member++

ChaseDakoda's Forum Picture

Name: Chase
Default Re: Religion

How much more do I have to go through?

I was molested

Today a friend of mine same age 14 drowned.

All this in a month

I am a christain and beleave in the bilble fully, But God is a Good God, is satain doing this to test my faith?

If so why isn't god in my opion helping me? I feel nothing!

My dad lost his job and they removed a cancer thing on my moms neck. All this Month

Please as per Kyur4 mentioned please do not critasize me
ChaseDakoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 07:09 PM   #3322
GoGoDiego
Member+

GoGoDiego's Forum Picture

Name: Diego

Belonging to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
GoGoDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #3323
conner74
Junior Member+

conner74's Forum Picture

Name: Conner

throughout my life I've always said im Anglican and Christian but i never really picked up a bible or prayed or went to church. until a couple of months when u realised that this was wrong and so i decided that i would take baby steps towards becoming a better Christian

friendly, honest and open
conner74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #3324
micheal951

micheal951's Forum Picture

Name: Micheal

I am athiest, and have been for as long as I can remember. Most of my family on my mother's side are catholic (excluding my mother herself though) and from day one, I was always given the choice to choose what I wanted to believe. And as soon as I was able and allowed to use a computer with access to the internet I have always studied wildlife, and from there evolution, and to me, it makes more sense that things evolve over billions of years rather than one man (?) just making everything. I have never believe in god or any sort or deity, the concept that there is something out there "better" (for want of a better word) that us just does not make any sense at all.

The main thing that annoys (for want of a better word) me about religion is it gives me more questions that it has ever answered, my aunt is extremely religious and has always looked down on me for not believing in her views, and it has caused many arguments with the family as she believes I am going to hell. Yet when I say to her that is impossible as I do not believe in heaven or hell, so how can I go somewhere that does not exist she just responds with "you just will, end of". And that is usually the response I get to almost all my questions I ask to any one who believes. And I would love to know why different religions argue with other religions, because if I understand correctly, the "god" people believe is the some one no matter the religion, just has a different "name"?
micheal951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #3325
Capitalist14

Angry Re: Religion

Yeah, i'm jewish. but not that religious, i just like having a faith to belong to. I'd agree with you about islam. they are bloody savages. In birmingham there's so many muslim shops and women in burkas. a soldier was butchered on the street by those savages
Capitalist14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #3326
Gamma Male
Awesome Poster

Gamma Male's Forum Picture

Name: Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalist14 View Post
Yeah, i'm jewish. but not that religious, i just like having a faith to belong to. I'd agree with you about islam. they are bloody savages. In birmingham there's so many muslim shops and women in burkas. a soldier was butchered on the street by those savages
Meanwhile in Palestine......

~No really, I love capitalistic markets, I just think we should consider letting the workers seize the means of production.~
Gamma Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #3327
Vlerchan
unadulteratedReason

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

(Lol.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalist
[Islamic People] are bloody savages.
What about the Westernised ones? It's a rather general accusation here isn't it.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 10:11 AM   #3328
HeWhoTravelsTheWorld
Member++

HeWhoTravelsTheWorld's Forum Picture

Name: Elliott

Christianity, but only a very "mild" belief. I'm not like a super Christian or anything. basically I believe in god and juses christ and that's it.

|-/
HeWhoTravelsTheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:29 AM   #3329
morsar
Junior Member+

morsar's Forum Picture

Name: Sara

Atheism/Agnosticism aren't religions, but that's definitely where I am.
morsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #3330
nikkissippi121
Junior Member+

nikkissippi121's Forum Picture

Name: Nikko

I'm a Christian, but only loosely - I believe parts of the Bible are true, but I don't think it's 100% so simply because the events were written years - often decades or centuries - after they really happened. I don't go to church and I don't consider myself to be of any denomination. That being said, I don't have any problem with anyone of any religion (or lack thereof) unless they, specifically are a jerk (but that goes without saying, am I right? ) I will say, though, that religious extremists (Islamic, Judaic, Christian, or otherwise) are often violent, and that is not okay, but this ties more into individuals being jerks than, say, an entire religion or denomination.
nikkissippi121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #3331
Left Now
Awesome Poster

Left Now's Forum Picture

Name: Alireza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkissippi121 View Post
I'm a Christian, but only loosely - I believe parts of the Bible are true, but I don't think it's 100% so simply because the events were written years - often decades or centuries - after they really happened. I don't go to church and I don't consider myself to be of any denomination. That being said, I don't have any problem with anyone of any religion (or lack thereof) unless they, specifically are a jerk (but that goes without saying, am I right? ) I will say, though, that religious extremists (Islamic, Judaic, Christian, or otherwise) are often violent, and that is not okay, but this ties more into individuals being jerks than, say, an entire religion or denomination.
Sounds very logic!Unlike some other opinions which I know in this forum.

"People are asleep.When they die,they wake up."

~Ali Ibn Abi Talib~

Left Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #3332
Lovelife090994
VT Lover

Lovelife090994's Forum Picture

Name: Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Pen View Post
Sounds very logic!Unlike some other opinions which I know in this forum.

Quote:

I see what you mean, but bottom line is some of these extremists' beliefs are not theirs, they are in their religion and religious book.

My Wiccan blog: Blessed be http://lapislazulisights.tumblr.com/I am but a wayward soul traversing the physical plane with Earth as my mistress and I her humble witch.
Art http://artboy-2.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Lovelife090994; August 20th, 2014 at 10:56 PM.
Lovelife090994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #3333
nikkissippi121
Junior Member+

nikkissippi121's Forum Picture

Name: Nikko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelife090994 View Post
I see what you mean, but bottom is some of these extremists' beliefs are not theirs, they are in their religion and religious book.
Maybe so, but their interpretation of their religious book is a major factor. For example, one of the commandments is "Thou shalt not kill", but some people seem to interpret it as "Thou shalt not kill, unless the other person doesn't agree". Similarly, the Bible is all about how you shouldn't sin and all that - some people take this to mean just what it says - that they, themselves, shouldn't sin - while others take this to an extreme and decide to actively, violently "punish" those they believe have sinned.
nikkissippi121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #3334
Lovelife090994
VT Lover

Quote:
Maybe so, but their interpretation of their religious book is a major factor. For example, one of the commandments is "Thou shalt not kill", but some people seem to interpret it as "Thou shalt not kill, unless the other person doesn't agree". Similarly, the Bible is all about how you shouldn't sin and all that - some people take this to mean just what it says - that they, themselves, shouldn't sin - while others take this to an extreme and decide to actively, violently "punish" those they believe have sinned.

The Bible says you should not kill, and it also says that those who use it for evil intent or just to hurt others shall be punished. But I'm talking about extremists. Even the Bible has some extreme things in it that go back to the Torah but at least the Bible later speaks against this. Not all religious books with violence speak against it. And terrorists are living out and fulfilling parts saying to kill.

My Wiccan blog: Blessed be http://lapislazulisights.tumblr.com/I am but a wayward soul traversing the physical plane with Earth as my mistress and I her humble witch.

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:38 AM   #3335
Left Now
Awesome Poster

Left Now's Forum Picture

Quote:
The Bible says you should not kill, and it also says that those who use it for evil intent or just to hurt others shall be punished. But I'm talking about extremists. Even the Bible has some extreme things in it that go back to the Torah but at least the Bible later speaks against this. Not all religious books with violence speak against it. And terrorists are living out and fulfilling parts saying to kill.
No religious book says kill innocents,better to understand it.

~Ali Ibn Abi Talib~

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:45 AM   #3336
Lovelife090994
VT Lover

Quote:
No religious book says kill innocents,better to understand it.
Actually they do, both the Quran and the Bible has violent texts. I can't erase them.

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:56 AM   #3337
Dennis98
Great Poster

I consider myself as Muslim . But due situation in my family , I am secular muslim , so I believe in all basics of my religion and I read Quran , but I have never go to the mosque to pray , although every muslim should pray 5 times per day , I never pray . That is because my father is Montenegrin Muslim but my mom is Croatian Roman Catholic , so it is pretty uncomfortable to live like that , because I have always to balance on both sides , so because that we never celebrate some religious holiday in my family , but I always celebrate with my father secretly out from my house . I feel really bad because it , I love my religion , but I feel bad because of my mom , she is really trying to make me good man no matter on religion , so I understand her , because it is really hard , so sometimes I feel bad because me and my father celebrate some religious holiday even in secrecy , she never celebrate any of her religious holidays . My father allow her to celebrate , but she never ever celebrated .. I feel even bad because I dont have muslim name , so , my parents wanted to give me some indifferent international name - Dennis ..
Dennis98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 09:07 AM   #3338
Left Now
Awesome Poster

Left Now's Forum Picture

Quote:
Actually they do, both the Quran and the Bible has violent texts. I can't erase them.
They have violent texts,but they do not order their followers to kill innocent people without any acceptable reason.

~Ali Ibn Abi Talib~

Old August 21st, 2014, 10:22 AM   #3339
Lovelife090994
VT Lover

Quote:
They have violent texts,but they do not order their followers to kill innocent people without any acceptable reason.
Oh I believe they do somewhere. The Quran says how nonbelievers should be killed, and the Bible says how those who do not follow God's law should be killed.

Old August 21st, 2014, 12:07 PM   #3340
Left Now
Awesome Poster

Left Now's Forum Picture

Quote:
Oh I believe they do somewhere. The Quran says how nonbelievers should be killed, and the Bible says how those who do not follow God's law should be killed.
Well actually Quran says if nonbelievers want to fight with Muslims,then you have to fight back but not transgress,because God doesn't like transgressors.Killing anyone (whether Muslim or non-Muslim) without any reason in Islam is a crime and will only face one punishment : Death Sentence.

Well,Bible is a book full of peaceful teachings,and I am sure that in this part it is only talking about defense,not killing anyone who doesn't follow God's law.

~Ali Ibn Abi Talib~