Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 137 13.65%
Atheism 302 30.08%
Buddhism 12 1.20%
Christianity (Please Specify) 397 39.54%
Hinduism 9 0.90%
Islam 32 3.19%
Judaism 16 1.59%
Wicca 17 1.69%
Other (Please Specify) 82 8.17%
Voters: 1004. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #2441
Iris
Awesome Poster
 
Iris's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 9, 2011
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
Forget how they're insulting themselves - they're insulting the vast majority of atheists that aren't nihilistic destroy-everything dicks.
I see it differently. At the same time that they're insulting themselves, they're praising us. They admit that without religion they would do whatever they want, without a care about consequences, to themselves or others. That suggests that, at the core, atheists who are not doing these things are better people. We have no worry of divine retribution, yet we don't go around murdering and stealing anyway.

They're not only deeply insulting themselves, they're also greatly praising us.
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #2442
embers
Banned
 
Name: Hoshino
Join Date: December 29, 2010
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilys View Post
I see it differently. At the same time that they're insulting themselves, they're praising us. They admit that without religion they would do whatever they want, without a care about consequences, to themselves or others. That suggests that, at the core, atheists who are not doing these things are better people. We have no worry of divine retribution, yet we don't go around murdering and stealing anyway.

They're not only deeply insulting themselves, they're also greatly praising us.
Hmm, that's actually a pretty good loophole in the morality argument. Nice thinking.
embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #2443
Deschain
Peach Plum Pear
 
Deschain's Forum Picture
 
Name: Sweet Pea
Join Date: February 6, 2009
Location: Behind the Crimson Door, chillin' with Marcie.
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxie View Post
They're basically the same thing.
I'd say a weak atheist, is someone who doesn't believe in God, but say they do out of pressure, and fear of unapproval of peers. Or just because they don't want to use the term atheist out loud.

~Lawrence~


~Laura was here~
For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #2444
Korashk
Awesome Poster
 
Korashk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 14, 2010
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
I'd say a weak atheist, is someone who doesn't believe in God, but say they do out of pressure, and fear of unapproval of peers. Or just because they don't want to use the term atheist out loud.
You'd be using the phrase in an unorthodox manner.
Korashk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:28 AM   #2445
LifeisLife
Member++
 
LifeisLife's Forum Picture
 
Name: Pim
Join Date: April 27, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

I'm an atheist, technically I'm catholic but my family and I never go to church or pray or do anything with religion, only christmas. (sometimes) Some things in the Bible I do believe in, others not so much. I don't believe in the Adam and Eve story, that has been scientifically proven wrong. Science and evolution DOES exist. Anyways, other things like no sex before marriage I used to believe in, but I've changed my mind about that. What if you're married when you're like 50. A 50 year old virgin? That would suck.
LifeisLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #2446
mrdtf
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: August 27, 2011
Location: Australia Mate
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

i dont want to be insensitive or offend anyone by saying this but i think christianity is just stupid because why would god let such awful things happen to people my uncle had a 3 year old son die from cancer surely that cant be the work or any 'god' then when he got re married he tried to have a second child it died at birth come on thats to far isn't it but luckily now he has a 2-3 month old healthy baby and he doesn't have to suffer but god is a sham i'm sorry but thats my opinion
mrdtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #2447
Bath
VT Lover
 
Bath's Forum Picture
 
Name: Bethany
Join Date: November 12, 2010
Location: South FL
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Religion

I heard something interesting today:

"Try disproving one religion while not disproving your own. You'll find that it's impossible."
Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:42 PM   #2448
backtobackawesome
Banned
 
Name: Joseph
Join Date: August 31, 2011
Location: next 2 u lol jokin
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdtf View Post
i dont want to be insensitive or offend anyone by saying this but i think christianity is just stupid because why would god let such awful things happen to people my uncle had a 3 year old son die from cancer surely that cant be the work or any 'god' then when he got re married he tried to have a second child it died at birth come on thats to far isn't it but luckily now he has a 2-3 month old healthy baby and he doesn't have to suffer but god is a sham i'm sorry but thats my opinion
just because god didnt answer ur prayer doesnt make christianity stupid ok shut up about other peoples beliefs and learn to respect ok? how can you say theres' no god as well its a proven fact that there is a god if there was'nt a god who create the universe? seriosly it blows my mind...... christ comes down for our since and heres u people thinking you can just put him aside and use science to explain things..........truth is..... YOU CANT.

god is the only way and I AM PROUD TO SAY I AM A BELIEVER.

GOD IS TH ONE AND ONELY
backtobackawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM   #2449
embers
Banned
 
Name: Hoshino
Join Date: December 29, 2010
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
just because god didnt answer ur prayer doesnt make christianity stupid ok shut up about other peoples beliefs and learn to respect ok? how can you say theres' no god as well its a proven fact that there is a god if there was'nt a god who create the universe? seriosly it blows my mind...... christ comes down for our since and heres u people thinking you can just put him aside and use science to explain things..........truth is..... YOU CANT.

god is the only way and I AM PROUD TO SAY I AM A BELIEVER.

GOD IS TH ONE AND ONELY
yeah...no.
embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:50 PM   #2450
Angel Androgynous
Banned
 
Name: Oshima
Join Date: July 13, 2011
Location: RainbowVille
Age: 20
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 14
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
just because god didnt answer ur prayer doesnt make christianity stupid ok shut up about other peoples beliefs and learn to respect ok? how can you say theres' no god as well its a proven fact that there is a god if there was'nt a god who create the universe? seriosly it blows my mind...... christ comes down for our since and heres u people thinking you can just put him aside and use science to explain things..........truth is..... YOU CANT.

god is the only way and I AM PROUD TO SAY I AM A BELIEVER.

GOD IS TH ONE AND ONELY
God should teach you how to spell...
So wait... why should he respect your beliefs if you don't respect his and yell at him how God is the only way?
It's a proven fact that there is a God? You've got to be kidding me. I would like to see sources of that proven fact other than a 3000 year old novel written by some dude to explain things that he couldn't with science.
Christ comes down for our since? Lolwut.
Umm... we can't use science to explain things?
Yes we can. We can't use imaginary friends to explain things... that's for sure.
You don't know if there is a God.... you believe that there is a God. Learn the difference.
In other words....

Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
yeah...no.
Angel Androgynous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2451
embers
Banned
 
Name: Hoshino
Join Date: December 29, 2010
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Androgynous View Post
God should teach you how to spell...
So wait... why should he respect your beliefs if you don't respect his and yell at him how God is the only way?
It's a proven fact that there is a God? You've got to be kidding me. I would like to see sources of that proven fact other than a 3000 year old novel written by some dude to explain things that he couldn't with science.
Christ comes down for our since? Lolwut.
Umm... we can't use science to explain things?
Yes we can. We can't use imaginary friends to explain things... that's for sure.
You don't know if there is a God.... you believe that there is a God. Learn the difference.
In other words....
Leave it, serious troll at large.
embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM   #2452
backtobackawesome
Banned
 
Name: Joseph
Join Date: August 31, 2011
Location: next 2 u lol jokin
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Androgynous View Post
God should teach you how to spell...
So wait... why should he respect your beliefs if you don't respect his and yell at him how God is the only way?
It's a proven fact that there is a God? You've got to be kidding me. I would like to see sources of that proven fact other than a 3000 year old novel written by some dude to explain things that he couldn't with science.
Christ comes down for our since? Lolwut.
Umm... we can't use science to explain things?
Yes we can. We can't use imaginary friends to explain things... that's for sure.
You don't know if there is a God.... you believe that there is a God. Learn the difference.
In other words....
next time don't give me a neg rep for expressing what i feel is right. i believe in the lord jesus and that isnt going to change.... seriously if you think you and embers is being funny then piss right off because your both going to hell and you know it..... you ptobably deserve it too
backtobackawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2453
Genghis Khan
Banned
 
Name: Yazdegard
Join Date: April 19, 2011
Location: Persepolis; Pārsa, Takht-e Jamshid, Pasargadae, Babylon
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Religion

This thread never fails to amuse me.
Genghis Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM   #2454
Angel Androgynous
Banned
 
Name: Oshima
Join Date: July 13, 2011
Location: RainbowVille
Age: 20
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 14
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
next time don't give me a neg rep for expressing what i feel is right. i believe in the lord jesus and that isnt going to change.... seriously if you think you and embers is being funny then piss right off because your both going to hell and you know it..... you ptobably deserve it too
If heaven is full of bible thumping bigots, then I don't wanna go there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskhan View Post
This thread never fails to amuse me.
Oh yes.
Angel Androgynous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #2455
Vonn
Awesome Poster
 
Vonn's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 26, 2010
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
seriously if you think you and embers is being funny then piss right off because your both going to hell and you know it..... you ptobably deserve it too
Telling someone they're going to hell just because they don't agree with you? And then telling them they deserve it (even though you're talking out of your ass seeing as you don't know them)? Whatever happened to WWJD?
Vonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #2456
embers
Banned
 
Name: Hoshino
Join Date: December 29, 2010
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
next time don't give me a neg rep for expressing what i feel is right. i believe in the lord jesus and that isnt going to change.... seriously if you think you and embers is being funny then piss right off because your both going to hell and you know it..... you ptobably deserve it too
Alright then, I'll take you seriously! If you really want it that bad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
just because god didnt answer ur prayer doesnt make christianity stupid ok
It doesn't make Christianity stupid, but it does lessen Christianity's credibility as a whole. Christianity can't account for the thousands of unanswered prayers of people who are suffering, nor can it give a valid reason for why God would leave said prayers unanswered besides the standard 'hurrr god is mysterious'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
shut up about other peoples beliefs and learn to respect ok?
Yeah... you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
how can you say theres' no god as well its a proven fact that there is a god if there was'nt a god who create the universe?
Nope, it isn't a proven fact... it's probably what they taught you at the church, though. Fact is, there is nothing in the world that has proven your God, or any other God's existence. All that we have are bullshit philosophical musings ('first cause theory') and people who quote from the Bible as if it's a completely 100% accurate and trustworthy article, which it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
seriosly it blows my mind...... christ comes down for our since
Don't forget Muhammed, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
and heres u people thinking you can just put him aside and use science to explain things..........truth is..... YOU CANT.
You know that internet you're using to make that post? Yeah... science. You know how people landed on the moon? Yeah... science. You know how just about anything works? Yeah. Science.

Honestly, what irks me is that it's going to be people like you that oppose the teaching of evolution (or propose giving it equal weight to creationism) in schools. It's the sole reason science teachers are facing the fucking bullshit that they are now - because it 'offends' people. Well I'm sorry, you can't wave off a truth that offends you just as someone can't wave off the Holocaust.
embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #2457
Genghis Khan
Banned
 
Name: Yazdegard
Join Date: April 19, 2011
Location: Persepolis; Pārsa, Takht-e Jamshid, Pasargadae, Babylon
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
next time don't give me a neg rep for expressing what i feel is right. i believe in the lord jesus and that isnt going to change.... seriously if you think you and embers is being funny then piss right off because your both going to hell and you know it..... you ptobably deserve it too
Woahahaho shit. I didn't see this until now. Dude, calm down. You probably didn't notice this before, but preaching on this thread is really looked down upon. If you want anyone on here to dignify your posts with a positive response, you've got to be a bit more rational than 'God did it' and, I don't know... use rational discourse if that's not too much to ask for? Sounds reasonable, no?
Genghis Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM   #2458
backtobackawesome
Banned
 
Name: Joseph
Join Date: August 31, 2011
Location: next 2 u lol jokin
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked View Post
Telling someone they're going to hell just because they don't agree with you? And then telling them they deserve it (even though you're talking out of your ass seeing as you don't know them)? Whatever happened to WWJD?
im just warning people... and athiests on this page really think they can go around say what they want without considering other peoples feelings and showing some respect well fuck that! if they dont show respect i wont either!

deal with it

[QUOTE=embers;1427526]It doesn't make Christianity stupid, but it does lessen Christianity's credibility as a whole. Christianity can't account for the thousands of unanswered prayers of people who are suffering, nor can it give a valid reason for why God would leave said prayers unanswered besides the standered 'hurrr god is mysterious'.

questioning gods authority is useless because he is GOD do you think youd have the time to answer all the million of prayers coming straight at you in one shot? no right? obvs not this takes time........ look at it from gods prespective.


Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
Nope, it isn't a proven fact... it's probably what they taught you at the church, though. Fact is, there is nothing in the world that has proven your God, or any other God's existence. All that we have are bullshit philosophical musings ('first cause theory') and people who quote from the Bible as if it's a completely 100% accurate and trustworthy article, which it isn't.
you have no right to call it bullshit take it back... if you just gave christ a chance i can bet in a second youll turn to him but by then it;kll be too late and you'll be guily in gods eyes

Quote:
Don't forget Muhammed, bro.
muhammed was a false prophet... seriosly what kind of prophet has sex with little girls? at the age of what...... 60 YEARS LOL. wtf. jesus would never do that he's the symbol of ultimate peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
You know that internet you're using to make that post? Yeah... science. You know how people landed on the moon? Yeah... science. You know how just about anything works? Yeah. Science.
you know whats causing destruction in the world? nuclear weaporny. weres that coming from? science. thats what i thought, it causes nothing but havoc look at all these drone attacks in afhganistan its shameful.
backtobackawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:21 PM   #2459
Jess
....
 
Name: Jessica
Join Date: March 7, 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 39
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
just because god didnt answer ur prayer doesnt make christianity stupid ok shut up about other peoples beliefs and learn to respect ok? how can you say theres' no god as well its a proven fact that there is a god if there was'nt a god who create the universe? seriosly it blows my mind...... christ comes down for our since and heres u people thinking you can just put him aside and use science to explain things..........truth is..... YOU CANT.

god is the only way and I AM PROUD TO SAY I AM A BELIEVER.

GOD IS TH ONE AND ONELY
yes you can use science to explain things. it proved and proves more things than RELIGION

Who created God?

God approves of rape and murder and slavery. Read the Bible. God's "Word". He's sexist too
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:23 PM   #2460
Genghis Khan
Banned
 
Name: Yazdegard
Join Date: April 19, 2011
Location: Persepolis; Pārsa, Takht-e Jamshid, Pasargadae, Babylon
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtobackawesome View Post
you know whats causing destruction in the world? nuclear weaporny.
nuclear weaporny

weaporny

PORNY
Genghis Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org