Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 25th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #1
CryingEye666
Member++

CryingEye666's Forum Picture

Default my destiny?

do you believe in a persons destiny? like, a persons purpose in life is?
because, i dont find a purpose in my life.
i always wonder: am i destined to commit a genocide like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did in 1999 ?
i dont know what to do, and im scared.
and im not even sure if this is the right place for this
but im scared, i dont feel a purpose in my life. i just feel suicide is my destiny

EDIT: not only that, but i follow many symptoms and/or signs that i could be very just like the school shooters there. one of the kids had OCD just like i do. also i think that same kid, wrote a "scary" shooting essay in school and got in trouble. i too wrote something inappropriate in school and got in trouble with it.
im just scared if these things are gona lead up to something bad

Last edited by CryingEye666; July 25th, 2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: i added something
CryingEye666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Default Re: my destiny?

I don't believe that suicide is someone's destiny. If you are born you're meant to stay alive until death happens on its own. You can't be born and destined to kill yourself - if you're born you're meant to stay alive otherwise it would be complete contradiction.

If you don't have a purpose then find one. Nothing is just going to come to you. Complaining and doing nothing isn't going to do anything. Have you actually done something differently with your life recently? Or do you just sit and complain and do the same thing?

If you want a purpose, then help people. Go volunteer at a hospital, animal shelter, nursing home, children's hospital, anything that requires volunteers.

Make your purpose to help others and get the satisfaction of helping them. Do something and don't put your life to waste. Do something different from the ordinary if you want change.

Bottom line is what you want out of life is up to you.

Mental Illnesses Mental Crisis
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #3
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

No I don't believe in destiny. We can't know it for sure and you have to create your own future for yourself and build it based on your interests, feelings, and hopes.
With that, I believe it's your duty to make a life for yourself and try to be good at whatever you od and have fun, reguardless of whether you're stuck up, rude or pissy.

I had no idea who I was going to be, what I liked, and how to do something in life. Then I changed schools - I started things that were big and out of the ordinary. I got in my first orchestra, I went to a public school, I took a weight training class, I bugged my coach to teach me how to shoot a basketball I learned First Aid and noticed that I'm interested in health and I might have a minor in some form of medicine.

I had no hope - I was depressed. But I came out of it. And that's why I think that everybody else can - they can change their life if they want. Either on their own, with some help from a doctor, or just from their family and friends. Get active in the school year. Make sure you get good enough grades and join a club or group so you can meet new people. Don't lie to yourself that you're happy though. Accept it and find ways of happiness that make you cheerful. Go for the gold in life - even if you just make it to bronze
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #4
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Wowzers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I don't believe that suicide is someone's destiny. If you are born you're meant to stay alive until death happens on its own. You can't be born and destined to kill yourself - if you're born you're meant to stay alive otherwise it would be complete contradiction.

If you don't have a purpose then find one. Nothing is just going to come to you. Complaining and doing nothing isn't going to do anything. Have you actually done something differently with your life recently? Or do you just sit and complain and do the same thing?

If you want a purpose, then help people. Go volunteer at a hospital, animal shelter, nursing home, children's hospital, anything that requires volunteers.

Make your purpose to help others and get the satisfaction of helping them. Do something and don't put your life to waste. Do something different from the ordinary if you want change.

Bottom line is what you want out of life is up to you.

Mental Illnesses Mental Crisis

I can see why you're a mod! This is great advice! Suicide is NOT ever someone's destiny! Because you cannot figure out your place doesn't mean you are out of place. It is your responsibility to use your heart and your head to figure out what it is you are to do with yourself, and just because it doesn't come easily doesn't mean it isn't there. Put yourself in new situations that require new abilities and develop the insight required to discover what your destiny really is.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #5
Rawrbaby
Member++

Rawrbaby's Forum Picture

Sucicide isnt a destiny and i kinda believe in destiny if God wants that than he wants it but ya are smart enough to say it those kids didnt get much help and just cause someone is like ya and have done and has something like ya doesnt mean that ya will ya could be anything ya want but whatever it is it is already planned for ya but ya make ya life of how ya want to make it if ya want to be like them then i would say get help but if it is what is going to happen then it is what is meant but ya wont be like that ya just gotta believe what ya beileve and ya wont be one hope this helps

A recent study said that 3 out of evey 4 people makes up 75% of the population.

http://www.myspace.com/ballyhara
Rawrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #6
I'm cool like spongebob
Junior Member+

I do beleive in destiny and i think it will just happen 2 every1 oneday...if tth makes any sense...

A good old bit of Jeff Lynn and the e.l.o will put that smile back on your face.
I'm cool like spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #7
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

No one is destined to commit suicide. We are all destined to encounter difficulties which we will struggle to overcome. But no one is meant to kill themselves.

Just because you have OCD like one of the shooters does not mean that you will turn out the same way. Just because you are struggling right now does not mean you are destined to commit horrific crimes either.

As Anthony said, create a purpose for yourself. Be it striving to get a certain career, helping those less fortunate than yourself or supporting, laughing with and spending time with friends and family. Find something positive you believe to be worthwhile and throw yourself into it.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote