Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 12th, 2018, 05:22 PM   #21
HaileyM
Banned

Name: Hailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
U don't want help.
I want ideas on how I can except the life I have not on how to keep fantasy that isn't real. And you didn't respond to what I said about skating without arms or legs.
HaileyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 05:24 PM   #22
HaileyM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIsGay24 View Post
There are eight different kinds of intelligence, u MUST have one and probably have more. Schools are dumb dont listen to what they say.
You don't have much choice to listen when you have to be there. What are these 8 kinds?
Old November 12th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #23
HaileyM
Banned

Default Re: How can I learn to accept that I'll never be smart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
In all honesty, it sounds like you already have accepted it. You're obviously not looking for people to tell you you're not dumb, since you reject what they tell you every time...so are you looking for people to just say, "Yes, you are stupid. Sorry!" ...?
You think so? I don't feel like i have. Your right I don't want anyone to tell me I'm smart, my grades have always shown I'm not. There is no try harder I just don't understand things.

What I want is stop worrying of my future. Every one has some plan I have nothing. I've never had any thing. It does not feel like I accept it or it would not make me feel sick all the time. I want to know it will be ok some how. Do you still think I accept it after reading this?
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #24
RyanIsGay24
Member++

RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileyM View Post
You don't have much choice to listen when you have to be there. What are these 8 kinds?
1. Visual-Spatial (good at visual/spatial reasoning)
2. Linguistic-Verbal (good at words, language, and writing)
3. Logical-Mathematical (good at analyzing problems and mathematical operations)
4. Bodily-Kinesthic (good at physical movement/motor control)
5. Musical (good at rhythm and music)
6. Interpersonal (good at understanding and relating to other people)
7. Intrapersonal (good at introspection and self-reflection)
8. Naturalistic (finding patterns/relationships to nature)

Other psychologist have proposed spiritual, existential, and moral intelligences as well. Tbh there could other ones too and these arent perfect but I think theyre reasonable.

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:06 PM   #25
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

Quote:
You think so? I don't feel like i have. Your right I don't want anyone to tell me I'm smart, my grades have always shown I'm not. There is no try harder I just don't understand things.

What I want is stop worrying of my future. Every one has some plan I have nothing. I've never had any thing. It does not feel like I accept it or it would not make me feel sick all the time. I want to know it will be ok some how. Do you still think I accept it after reading this?
accept that you'll never be smart? Yes...since that is what your original topic was about.

Your future...is going to happen, whether you do well in school or not. Not everyone who fails in school is a total failure in life. There are plenty of people who are not book smart, but still find a way to succeed in other areas.

My great grandfather dropped out of school when he was 12 because his parents died and he had to take care of his 2 younger siblings. He lied about his age at 16 and joined the navy. After retiring from the navy he started working as a box boy/stocker at a department store...and eventually worked his way up to a regional vice president of the company...all without any high school or college education.

What you have to do, in my opinion, is set some goals for yourself. OK, so you suck at school...what are some other areas of interest in your life? Do you like hair? Makeup? There are schools you can attend to learn to be a hairdresser, or a beautician...and I'm fairly sure your previous level of education does not matter.

The bottom line is that I don't think you should look at your future so dimly. Anyone who tells you that you have no future is probably just projecting and upset about some of their own choices they made in life. Everyone has a future, and you're the one in control of it.

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 10:40 PM   #26
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
I want ideas on how I can except the life I have not on how to keep fantasy that isn't real. And you didn't respond to what I said about skating without arms or legs.
U accept ur life the way it is and try whatever
u can to make it better.

U cant skate without legs but u can paddle
with ur arms if u try.

Sorry no arms no legs no ollie.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 11:37 PM   #27
HaileyM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
U accept ur life the way it is and try whatever
u can to make it better.

U cant skate without legs but u can paddle
with ur arms if u try.

Sorry no arms no legs no ollie.
So does that help you see what I'm saying? I try as much as I can and I get Fs. I'm doing my best with what I have and its not good enough. Maybe they switch me to remetial classes at semester some time I can get a D or C in those.
Old November 13th, 2018, 01:39 AM   #28
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

I'm curious to know what "try as much as I can" means...

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun

Old November 13th, 2018, 06:05 AM   #29
HaileyM
Banned

Quote:
I'm curious to know what "try as much as I can" means...
It means what it says. I write down what they tell me to. I read what they tell me to. I listen to what they say. I don't remember things and I don't understand most what I read in school books. Someone can explain it seems like it makes sense but I can't use it. Its like its gone when I try to take a test.

You ever have a dream and it all make sense in the dream but when you try to tell some one how it went theres all this info missing? And the the more your awake the less since it makes. Its kinda like that. Does that make since?
Old November 13th, 2018, 07:15 AM   #30
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

Quote:
It means what it says. I write down what they tell me to. I read what they tell me to. I listen to what they say. I don't remember things and I don't understand most what I read in school books. Someone can explain it seems like it makes sense but I can't use it. Its like its gone when I try to take a test.

You ever have a dream and it all make sense in the dream but when you try to tell some one how it went theres all this info missing? And the the more your awake the less since it makes. Its kinda like that. Does that make since?
No, it doesn't. What you're describing sounds like someone with a legit learning disorder like dyslexia or something like that...and if that's true I'm wondering why you're NOT in the remedial classes. That's why I mentioned before about going to speak with your school counselor. Tell them that you're not in the right classes.

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun

Old November 13th, 2018, 07:26 AM   #31
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Quote:
Title says it all.

Forget smart kids. Just find your own smartness by focussing on stuff you are really good at.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2018, 07:35 AM   #32
HaileyM
Banned

Quote:
No, it doesn't. What you're describing sounds like someone with a legit learning disorder like dyslexia or something like that...and if that's true I'm wondering why you're NOT in the remedial classes. That's why I mentioned before about going to speak with your school counselor. Tell them that you're not in the right classes.
Yea did that. They said I have to wait for the semester and they will consider it. I've always been in those other classes until now. Even in school for dummys best I ever got was C and that was lucky guessing becos I never know answers on tests.

I think they said before its not dislexia because I don't mix up letters but I don't know what it is called. Its like ideas slide off my brain they don't stick. Best way I can describe it is like the dream thing. Its like yea makes since but then its gone. If some one tell me again its yea yea got it but repeat back? No. Not even minure later i can't get a focus on it and the harder I try the more its gone. I only pass tests because of lucky guess. All of multiple choice option seem possible. And write out a answer? LOL no way.

So yea I try as hard as I can and no matter how much its not good enough. How many times does some one have to break down in tears before ppl believe them. I can't do 4 years of this.

Now its 6:30 and my eyes are going to be all fucked up when I try to put on make up.
Old November 13th, 2018, 11:10 AM   #33
Ouragan

Name: edgar

No one is ever going to hire you because you know the Newton's third law, or the intermediate value therom, or the entire first act of Shakespeare's Hamlet except if you wanna be an engineer or something.
As other people said, the grades you get do matter if you want to get in good colleges or big paying job, but a lot of people just rely on experience and hard work. You just need to find what you are interested in/ good at. You don't need countless diplomas and accomplishments to find a way in society. You can start by trying to find internship in small companies and build yourself some working experience. You can also volunteer, that looks really good on a resume and I know that at least in California, you need 40 hours of them to graduate. I hope that helped...
Ouragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2018, 12:16 PM   #34
Xavier16

Name: Zach

Hey. I was reading through this and tbh ppl are commenting when they don't understand how it feels. Struggling in school no matter how hard you try is stressful and depressing. It makes you feel dumb and it hurts a lot to the point of wanting to curl in a ball and cry. I know because I'm the same. Math is damn-near impossible, all the stupid rules for the English language when i write and speak beautifully and fluently without learning that garbage. It's rough. I was born with three holes in my heart which was fixed at a year old. I wasn't allowed to play sports till middle school and by then i wasn't interested. I was bullied for not liking sports because sports are everything where i live. The bullying and stress of bad grades literally caused me to vomit, cry, and a lot of other things.

Luckily a year ago my mom found out in my state you can homeschool your kid without reporting to the government or state. So now i don't have anything except history and reading and economics. I learn at my own pace now. I have perfect grades. You aren't stupid, you just aren't learning right.
Schools and their curriculum are shit. It isnt your fault. I know i was VERY lucky to be in a state that allows homeschooling under exemption f (Religous exemption) with no question. But others like you aren't that lucky.
But you aren't stupid.
Don't ever believe that.
You don't need a stupid degree either.
Write a book, do online jobs, do YouTube videos than get monetized. I know its not as easy as im making it but i believe you have the intelligence and talent to do so. If you ever do something like YouTube i'd be your first subscriber
Anyway i hope this helped a tiny bit!
Xavier16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:19 PM   #35
HaileyM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier16 View Post
Hey. I was reading through this and tbh ppl are commenting when they don't understand how it feels. Struggling in school no matter how hard you try is stressful and depressing. It makes you feel dumb and it hurts a lot to the point of wanting to curl in a ball and cry. I know because I'm the same. Math is damn-near impossible, all the stupid rules for the English language when i write and speak beautifully and fluently without learning that garbage. It's rough. I was born with three holes in my heart which was fixed at a year old. I wasn't allowed to play sports till middle school and by then i wasn't interested. I was bullied for not liking sports because sports are everything where i live. The bullying and stress of bad grades literally caused me to vomit, cry, and a lot of other things.

Luckily a year ago my mom found out in my state you can homeschool your kid without reporting to the government or state. So now i don't have anything except history and reading and economics. I learn at my own pace now. I have perfect grades. You aren't stupid, you just aren't learning right.
Schools and their curriculum are shit. It isnt your fault. I know i was VERY lucky to be in a state that allows homeschooling under exemption f (Religous exemption) with no question. But others like you aren't that lucky.
But you aren't stupid.
Don't ever believe that.
You don't need a stupid degree either.
Write a book, do online jobs, do YouTube videos than get monetized. I know its not as easy as im making it but i believe you have the intelligence and talent to do so. If you ever do something like YouTube i'd be your first subscriber
Anyway i hope this helped a tiny bit!
Thank you that was nice. I would not want to be homeschooled I want to be around ppl but still it was nice.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 AM   #36
Connordude

Connordude's Forum Picture

Name: Connor

Look at Donald Trump - hes an absolute low IQ moron and hes President and filthy rich (okay he started off with money, thanks dad)
But he proved anyone can make it

If someone as stupid and damaged as he is can make it, anyone can
Connordude is online now   Reply With Quote