Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 28th, 2018, 03:17 AM   #1
Apple_ManPS3

Name: Chris
Red face I want to cut deeper but I donít think I can [TRIGGER WARNING]

I cut on my knees with a nice stealth knife that I got so people wouldnít see my arms. Despite this, I want to (more and more) cut deeper and also cut my veins. I also recently sliced my thumb (accidentally) but it felt so good to take about a centimeter of skin off of my thumb.

I donít keep a journal or talk to people about it much, except a girl that I love but she 100% doesnít love me back and I just feel really bad about myself. I just hate myself.

I donít know what else to say...
Apple_ManPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 02:22 PM   #2
Leprous
Mass Hysteria

Leprous's Forum Picture

Default Re: I want to cut deeper but I donít think I can

@Apple_ManPS3

I certainly understand the temptation to do so, as I have also been at the point you are in now but honestly it's not worth it. There may come a time where deep becomes too deep and that is not something you want to experience, no matter how much you think you want it. The battle against self harm is a very hard one, I know that very well. Try to fight against the urge though. In the long run the only thing that this will give you is regret. Are there any other ways you can cope that have worked in the past or that work now?

Also, having someone to talk to is very good. It doesn't really matter if it are multiple people or 1 trusted friend. Someone who is willing to listen and support you can make a world of difference. Do you talk to her a lot about your problems and if so, is she a supportive friend?

Now, I don't know much about your situation and what made you feel this way. I know it's hard to love yourself at times but trust me when I say that it does get better. I have had the same struggle as you for years and I'm recovering now. There were many points where I felt like all hope was just gone but it never was. I'm sure you're a great guy. It takes time for people to heal mentally, but I believe everyone is able to overcome their struggles, including you. You'll make it through bud, it takes time yes and I know it sounds really cliche but things do get better eventually.

Crown The Monster In The End
Leprous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 03:14 PM   #3
Apple_ManPS3

@Leprous Thank you for all the positive encouragement but I just don’t know, I am so insecure and always go by “trust no one”.
Old August 28th, 2018, 03:18 PM   #4
Leprous
Mass Hysteria

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_ManPS3 View Post
@Leprous Thank you for all the positive encouragement but I just donít know, I am so insecure and always go by ďtrust no oneĒ.
I truly understand that feeling. I am someone who has a lot of difficulty truly trusting people. However there will always be people that you can go to to talk about these things. Finding that person is important because knowing there is someone in your direct environment you can rely on is often times very helpful. You should never force yourself to talk to people about your issues though, and only do so if you feel comfortable with that person.

Old August 29th, 2018, 01:41 AM   #5
Apple_ManPS3

@Leprous as much as I want to get sorted out, I don’t feel comfortable talking to anyone. I used to talk to a councilor but I gave up because it’s the stereotypical experience. That’s also a contribution as to why I want to cut deeper.
Old August 29th, 2018, 03:18 AM   #6
samuel15
Member++

samuel15's Forum Picture

Name: samuel

Don't cut your veins, you will lose a lot of blood and if you are alone you will not get help and bleed out. I'm very serious when I tell you that you will die if you cut your veins!

Veins help the blood back to your heart and they have a high blood pressure and will not heal quickly like normal skit and capillaries! Now if you do cut them make sure you keep the scare above your heart and have pressure on it, call 911 (or your local emergency number) as soon as you have pressure!

17 / gay / male PM me if you want to talk

Last edited by samuel15; August 29th, 2018 at 03:30 AM.
samuel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2018, 04:21 AM   #7
yeehaw
cowboy superstar

yeehaw's Forum Picture

Name: shanie
Default Re: I want to cut deeper but I donít think I can [TRIGGER WARNING]

Trigger warning added. ~bougainvillea
yeehaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:40 AM   #8
Leprous
Mass Hysteria

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_ManPS3 View Post
@Leprous as much as I want to get sorted out, I donít feel comfortable talking to anyone. I used to talk to a councilor but I gave up because itís the stereotypical experience. Thatís also a contribution as to why I want to cut deeper.
I understand that completely. I have seen 3 different therapists and I have also not gotten much benefit out of it. However finding a close friend who you know you can trust with these things is important. Professional help really differs from person to person and being forced into getting it is never good. You need to feel comfortable with the person and you must be willing to talk to them. It is important to find someone though, as that extra bit of support can really help a lot.