Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 142 13.61%
Atheism 312 29.91%
Buddhism 13 1.25%
Christianity (Please Specify) 415 39.79%
Hinduism 9 0.86%
Islam 33 3.16%
Judaism 17 1.63%
Wicca 17 1.63%
Other (Please Specify) 85 8.15%
Voters: 1043. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 7th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #3241
xandyx

xandyx's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: Religion

I was born and raised Lutheran Christian.

14 m Minnesota, USA

I <3 EternalGalaxy
xandyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:14 AM   #3242
ninja789
Banned

Name: Katey

agnostic
ninja789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #3243
phuckphace
VT Lover

I'm atheist but also sympathetic towards religion, especially Christianity. while I don't accept the narrative of the Bible and find the existence of a higher power very unlikely, I do recognize that religion plays an important role in society and helps keep many people in line. I think atheists and other non-religious people should quit being so hostile to religion because without it, a lot of people out there simply aren't cut out to go through life without believing in something. whether or not you accept the teachings, you have to admit that religion does give people hope, something that is becoming harder to find these days.

~ not posting anymore cru ~
phuckphace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 09:09 PM   #3244
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan

my relighan is kinda confusing im christain and wiccan i have allot of beliefs with both relighans

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #3245
rprsupercar
Junior Member+

rprsupercar's Forum Picture

Name: Roshan

I believe in God and the Bible's the ultimate truth. No questions asked and I'm really surprised that there are so many who don't even believe God exists. Not everything in this world can be explained scientifically.

<---Insert witty signature here--->
rprsupercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 03:37 PM   #3246
Bmble_B
Nice Poster

Bmble_B's Forum Picture

Name: Changed my mind

To be honest, I really don't have a set religion. All I know is that my family and I believe in God and Jesus Christ. We don't go to church or anything. But at the same time no matter how ridiculous it may seem to me, I would never criticize someone for having their own beliefs. I find that very naive and disrespectful, considering the fact that all religions have some ounce of truth in them(I know someone said this already). Shoot, if someone worshiped a beetle god, I wouldn't judge, thats just the type of person I am

I wonder what the world would be like without cellphones.

Let's Dance In The Rain.

I'm Different :3
Bmble_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 02:52 AM   #3247
mrgreenbreeze04

Name: Fritz Kyle

I do believe in a one true God, which is the Father, as been stated in the Holy Bible. I'm an Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ) member, and I am proud of it. Our church will be celebrating its 100th year of reestablishment this year, July 27, 2014 to be exact. And for me, having, believing, and doing the true faith is necessary to attain salvation and must be the foremost priority of us here on Earth, to serve and glorify God forever.
mrgreenbreeze04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 03:10 AM   #3248
Gamma Male
Awesome Poster

Gamma Male's Forum Picture

Name: Donald

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in religion, spirituality, astrology, or superstition They're all equally ridiculous.

~No really, I love capitalistic markets, I just think we should consider letting the workers seize the means of production.~
Gamma Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #3249
Babiole
Banned

Name: Florian

I'm Catholic. I believe in God, and I attend church occasionally. I observe Lent as well. However, I don't agree with Catholic teachings on homosexuality. Most Catholics are pretty liberal, actually - at least where I live. I've noticed that French Catholics seem to be a lot more liberal than their American counterparts. Not many Catholics here go to Catholic schools, for example - the government doesn't fund them.

I'm tolerant of all faiths.

Last edited by Babiole; April 27th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.
Babiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #3250
Swaffle

Name: John

I fell into other: Celtic Pagan.
Swaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #3251
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgothgirluknow View Post
my relighan is kinda confusing im christain and wiccan i have allot of beliefs with both relighans
I would encourage you to question why you believe what you believe and observe the writings of both of these beliefs. While Wicca does not necessarily exclude the possibility of Christianity, Christianity is very specific that "the only way to the Father is through [Jesus]" and has a range of other verses to the meaning that other religions are not accepted at best and a sin at worst ("thou shall have no gods before me"). It makes it very clear that you are either are a Christian or you are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprsupercar View Post
I believe in God and the Bible's the ultimate truth. No questions asked and I'm really surprised that there are so many who don't even believe God exists. Not everything in this world can be explained scientifically.
Which parts are entirely factual and historically true? Is all of Genesis completely true? Are all of the contradictions in the bible true at the same time?
I'm very surprised at the "no questions asked" part. You need to constantly question why and what you believe. It is how we grow as people and as a society.
No, not absolutely everything can be explained by science at the moment. This, however, is not a valid argument for the existence of a God or the validity of the Bible. As I mentioned to someone the other day when discussing psychics/mediums etc.; the apparent lack of a logical explanation is not reason for an illogical explanation.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #3252
Capto
Great Poster

Capto's Forum Picture

"There is no deity but one God, Muhammad [PBUH] is the messenger of God".

諸行無常
Capto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM   #3253
backjruton
Awesome Poster

backjruton's Forum Picture

Name: JACK

For me, the thing that came up recently that extremely pissed me off is the meat thing in Subways. If I have to stop getting my favourite sub because they're not happy with what I eat... I love salami, big obsession, they shouldn't be able to speak out about this and change the other country's ideals when another religion was mainly based in there first. I don't really care how much this offends some people, I'm sick of keeping things in my head clogged up sometimes. I am against all religion, no question, because I find something stupid with all of them. I would much rather worry about my own mental problems than the problems with religion and all the ridiculous things that come with them.
backjruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:36 PM   #3254
CutYouDown
Banned

I am a Christian Methodist, which is under the Protestant branch of Christianity.
CutYouDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #3255
Jack982

I'm Roman Catholic.
Jack982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #3256
gothy
Member++

gothy's Forum Picture

Agnostic. raised Christian.

[QUOTE=BuryYourFlame;2774373]I would encourage you to question why you believe what you believe and observe the writings of both of these beliefs. While Wicca does not necessarily exclude the possibility of Christianity, Christianity is very specific that "the only way to the Father is through [Jesus]" and has a range of other verses to the meaning that other religions are not accepted at best and a sin at worst ("thou shall have no gods before me"). It makes it very clear that you are either are a Christian or you are not.

/QUOTE]

Why cant she have both. You can ignore parts you dont believe in for one and believe in the rest. I mean religion is just created by humans. I dont believe in anything more than the other. It is more interesting when people create their own or combine two. Though it does not make sense to some people exactly how certain combinations can be made, i think one really needs to know what someone believes in order to understand the combination.
you see i was raised christian but then as i learned more and more about world religions and religious intolerance, i personally chose to separate myself from organized religion.

this is just my view on this. i support everyone who is religious and everyone who isnt.

Merged double post. -Cygnus David

Last edited by Cygnus; May 31st, 2014 at 02:58 AM.
gothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 02:27 AM   #3257
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothy View Post
Why cant she have both. You can ignore parts you dont believe in for one and believe in the rest. I mean religion is just created by humans. I dont believe in anything more than the other. It is more interesting when people create their own or combine two. Though it does not make sense to some people exactly how certain combinations can be made, i think one really needs to know what someone believes in order to understand the combination.
It's very hard to theologically justify having two religions. Once you start ignoring some parts of a theological text that you just don't like you have to question why you would believe any part of it at all if it can be dismissed so easily. Either the bible is true, or the bible is false. If it's true then worship of things other than the 'one true god' would be a sin. If it's false then there isn't really much to justify using it as part of a different mix of religions.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 06:48 AM   #3258
Miserabilia
Our Bipolar Friends

Miserabilia's Forum Picture

Name: dan/johnny foreigner/cheesee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothy View Post
Agnostic. raised Christian.
Agnostic theist, or agnostic atheist?
You should specifiy though by the context of your post I'm assuming agnostic theist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuryYourFlame View Post
It's very hard to theologically justify having two religions. Once you start ignoring some parts of a theological text that you just don't like you have to question why you would believe any part of it at all if it can be dismissed so easily. Either the bible is true, or the bible is false. If it's true then worship of things other than the 'one true god' would be a sin. If it's false then there isn't really much to justify using it as part of a different mix of religions.
This.

shout at the world because the world doesn't love you

lower yourself because you know that you have to.
Miserabilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 08:23 AM   #3259
brooklynchic

Name: Cһяɪssყ💋

I personally believe in God, I believe he has a name which is Jehovah and its found in Psalms 83:18, I also believe in his son Jesus Christ, who died for our sins so that we can have the hope of everlasting life. Jehovah gives us free will because he doesn't want to force anyone to serve Him if they don't want to. I believe that prayer truly works. There has been times in which I was going through a hard time and by praying I was able to get through it. I don't look down on people who don't believe in God, because thats just wrong and judgemental. The bible gives practical advice, even to young people. In 1 Cor. 15:33 it says "Do not be misled, bad association spoils useful habits." Basically saying, those people who are a bad influence on you will take away your good qualities.
Many people read the bible, but don't realize how much wisdom it has in it. You don't have to be a Christian to read the bible.
brooklynchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:14 AM   #3260
gothy
Member++

gothy's Forum Picture

Arrow Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesee View Post
Agnostic theist, or agnostic atheist?
You should specifiy though by the context of your post I'm assuming agnostic theist.
Agnostic theist

by leprechaun

"Enjoy your faults, that's what separates you from the rest of the world. - Marilyn Manson
gothy is offline   Reply With Quote