Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 142 13.61%
Atheism 312 29.91%
Buddhism 13 1.25%
Christianity (Please Specify) 415 39.79%
Hinduism 9 0.86%
Islam 33 3.16%
Judaism 17 1.63%
Wicca 17 1.63%
Other (Please Specify) 85 8.15%
Voters: 1043. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #2821
Weber_Swagg
Junior Member+

Weber_Swagg's Forum Picture

Name: Hailey
Default Re: Religion

I feel that no matter which religion you are you should get along. Truthfully I guess I believe in agnosticism because I have no reason to believe in anything else. It might be because my parents don't really talk aboout religion. I'm not going to base my life or time on a religion that some people that I will never see wrote down a long time ago. I don't think people that believe in anything else is dumb or wrong I just don't find any logic in it. I don't feel that atheism is any more probable than any other religion. People are spending all this time and effort when they should be focused on now and there life. I do agree with the pricipals of most religions. I feel there is a higher being but I don't think that people hundreds of years ago had visions about it.

Hi i'm Hailey! I am 15 and singleeeeeeeeee I am bi and i don't accept friend requests from boys (we all know what they want ) If you wanna chat or have any questions hit me up
Weber_Swagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #2822
Sephtyan
Member+

Sephtyan's Forum Picture

Name: Hidden

I've seen argument after argument between Creationist and Evolutionist, and have started a few myself. Time and time again, I've seen "You can't prove evolution any more than you can prove God" put as a last resort argument. Personally, I believe that you can easily prove evolution much more fully than you can God. We can almost prove for certain that science, math and pure coincidence are what created humans, the earth, the sun, and the rest of the damn cosmos. The only thing we don't have an answer for is: "What is keeping God from existing?"

Personally, I'm agnostic for that exact reason. It seems to me that there must be SOME reason why so many people believe in God, or a god, at least. I'm not completely shoving the possibility of God's existence off the canvas, I'm just biding my time to paint with that specific colour. If someone comes along saying "I have something I think is valid proof that God exists" then I will listen. I try not to be ignorant to the possibility.

Now, I'm sure some of you who are reading this have seen me elsewhere, completely bashing those who put their faith in religion. The reason I do this is that It doesn't seem to me that they have a good reason for believing in what they do. If someone can give me a good reason why they believe in God, some solid or spiritual form of proof, then mayhap I'll change. In the meantime, I'll leave that shade of paint on the palette.

"I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F. Roberts

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Stephen King

Pyrapisme is my co-pilot.
Sephtyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #2823
EvanescenceFan

EvanescenceFan's Forum Picture

Name: Brad

Both God and Jesus exist God just wants u 2 seek him

Isaiah 42:16
16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
EvanescenceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #2824
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי

deadpie's Forum Picture

Name: Damien Ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanescenceFan View Post
Both God and Jesus exist God just wants u 2 seek him
Awesome proof and evidence there. I could get the same amount of answers from staring at a pile of wet dirt for ten hours.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 07:05 AM   #2825
FojeJC

FojeJC's Forum Picture

Name: Forgot it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Awesome proof and evidence there. I could get the same amount of answers from staring at a pile of wet dirt for ten hours.
Hehe
Well I believe in myself instead of some god who probably is an ass for creating us in the first place, oh and the stupid idea of 7-day creation of the universe (seriously wtf)...

Signature image under construction...
If you need to talk to someone I'm almost always online.
FojeJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #2826
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foje View Post
Hehe
Well I believe in myself instead of some god who probably is an ass for creating us in the first place, oh and the stupid idea of 7-day creation of the universe (seriously wtf)...
7 days doesn't literally mean 7, 24 hour days.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #2827
Thunduhbuhlt
Awesome Poster

Thunduhbuhlt's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTime View Post
And it is 6 days, resting on the 7th. Just saying.
Thunduhbuhlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #2828
FojeJC

FojeJC's Forum Picture

Name: Forgot it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTime View Post
Yes but doesn't change my idea of god.
I still think that if a god existed, he would be an asshole for creating us, very chaotic imperfect beings.

Signature image under construction...
If you need to talk to someone I'm almost always online.
FojeJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #2829
LuciferSam
Member++

LuciferSam's Forum Picture

My belief is cheifly Philosophical Taoism. There is no real God or Creator, but a natural "way" that things follow. There is no predicting this "way", and it does not deliberately act for or against any individuals. We must learn to simply accept that there is a natural flow to things, and said flow must be worked with. Do not add anything to it, do not disrupt it. BTW, this does not simply mean accepting everything for what it is such as injustices and suffering. People who cause suffering are disturbing the flow by interfering unnecessarily with the lives of others, and must be stopped.

In order to get a much better idea of what I am trying to say here, I suggest you look into "The Tao of Pooh". It sounds goofy, but it actually helps alot.
LuciferSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2830
khila
Junior Member+

Name: Nathaniel

other im 1/3 christan 1/3 scientologist 1/3 atheist
this is because i just take the ideas that seem remotly realistic (I.E. i believe aliens brought the first life form to earth (sciencetology) however some strong outwards force must of created the first life no matter why planet its from (christianity) but then evolution took over (athiest))
khila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #2831
HDDH

I was raised in a muslim family in a largely christian country with (thankfully) secular secondary schools that allowed me to think about and question religion. I'm an atheist and materialist. I don't believe in the soul, I don't believe in any greater power, I don't believe in anything other than what can be proved to me.

I'm of a persuasion where I think that religion does much more harm and has done more harm than good. To me (I know to anyone reading it may be different) it's like having your purpose and your life designated for you. Any God that exists and needs to be worshiped continually seems so egotistical and, when you think of the massive imbalance of suffering, downright morally wrong that it would be better that they didn't exist. In that case i guess I'm an anti-theist.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but to go from "there has to be a beginning to the universe" to "an omnibenevolent, omnipotent, omniscient creator did it" is a step too far. Sometimes, the universe is just "brute fact" and the best and only answer we'll ever get is "I don't know."

Of course these are my opinions and there's no reason you should share them. (Which is another reason I don't like religion, the right religion - which is all of them apparently - always has to be shared by everybody).

Thanks for slugging through that if you did.
HDDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #2832
Deschain
Peach Plum Pear

Deschain's Forum Picture

Name: Sweet Pea

Quote:
Originally Posted by khila View Post
other im 1/3 christan 1/3 scientologist 1/3 atheist
this is because i just take the ideas that seem remotly realistic (I.E. i believe aliens brought the first life form to earth (sciencetology) however some strong outwards force must of created the first life no matter why planet its from (christianity) but then evolution took over (athiest))
Evolution has nothing to do with Atheism. If you're going to post your beliefs, at least have the decency to know what you're talking about.

~Lawrence~

~Laura was here~
For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #2833
Omnipotent_Cow

Omnipotent_Cow's Forum Picture

Talking Re: Religion

I believe in A God, who is kind and looks out for us. Whether or not it is the Biblical God I'm not sure. Keepin' the Faith!
Omnipotent_Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 02:18 PM   #2834
Weeping_Angel
Banned

Name: Jessica

I'm an atheist, and when I argue about religion with somebody. I don't try to tell them their thing is wrong and that they should change, because I don't know for sure that there is no god. But if someone brings it up, I will give them my point of view and supporting facts, and then challenge them to do the same.

If someone can give even one reason and one supporting fact about why god exists, that I Can't prove wrong, just shows that I haven't looked into my choices long enough, and that I can't decide for sure if god exists or not. But so far that has never happened.

And one thing that does bother me about a lot of religious people is that they haven't looked into any other religion besides their own. They argue that their god is real, when they don't even know a shit about another religion. I have looked into lots of religions of the world and I can prove everything wrong using logical sense and a mind. And you can't even argue with a stubborn religious person, because you can't argue with a stubborn person period. They won't die other sides of the story, and opt to look at only their point of view when the opposing person might be saying something that just brings their whole arrogant tower crumbling down.
Weeping_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #2835
GoofyGal13

Name: Maddie

I respect other people's religions, as long as they don't try to force it on me, or shove it in my face.

(I'm agnostic, by the way)
GoofyGal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #2836
therunaway
Member+

therunaway's Forum Picture

Name: Jake The Dog

Christian but questioning; baptist until i figure out otherwise. (:

Jake The Dog | 14 | Straight | Bye
therunaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #2837
Sudds3
Nice Poster

Sudds3's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

Catholic....but I like the dabble into the occult!
Sudds3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #2838
Samh

Samh's Forum Picture

I cannot understand the religous freedom thing in the catholic faith. Yes, we do not wan. To use birth control, but there are some cases where it is nessisary fore ones health, for example. It is a misnomer to put this name on it.
Samh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM   #2839
Thunderstorm
Great Poster

Thunderstorm's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

People need to move on and realize that if it's not their religion, why is it a big deal? It doesn't effect you directly. I'm Jewish. we believe we are the chosen people and that we will know when our messiah comes. Jesus is not the messiah. Anyone want to argue? Well think... is it worth it? Does it really affect me? Freedom of speech...
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2840
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

Hindu please.
Rayquaza is offline   Reply With Quote