Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 24th, 2018, 02:11 AM   #1
arnorway
Member++

Name: Arne
Default same sex attraction in your life

when reading some parts of this forum, i wonder if some of the users have ever met someone who was attracted to the same sex irl? i'm not talking about someone on tv or maybe a waiter you seen once but people you interact with on a regular basis.

so the questions are: do you - personally! - know someone, who is gay, lesbian or bisexual (other than yourself if you are)? how did you find out? was it ever explained or addressed?

i know some quite well: my only aunt is married to another woman. me and my brother were in her wedding as flower boys, but i can hardly remember and pretty much only know from the pictures as i was maybe 4 or 5. they recently had their first child through sperm donation. i'm close to both and have spent time with them for a few weeks the last two summers without any other family.
one of the waiters at my dad's restaurant is gay, as is an assistant coach of my basketball team. the waiter has been over to our house a few times with boyfriends.
one of my teachers is said to be with a woman, but i don't count her for this post because i don't know for sure. just wanted to include her as an example of what i don't think should count (rumors).

as for how i found out? my aunt has been with her wife my entire life, i never knew anything else. sure i didn't really know when i was younger what it was but to me it was always normal that it wasn't just man and woman like my parents. same with the waiter. first time i can remember him at our house with a date, he was with another man.

was it ever addressed or explained? not until "the talk" with dad, before it just was. i know my youngest brother once asked when he saw two guys kissing and my parents said something like "there are boys who like girls like mom and dad, girls who like girls like your aunts, and boys who like boys like those two" and that pretty much was it (i might have asked something similar when i was younger but i don't remember).
my parents also never talk about me and a girlfriend (not that i have one but in like my future or something), it's more like "you and your significant other". if someone - like friends of theirs - ask if i have a girlfriend, my parents pretty much always add "or boyfriend". the talk with dad also covered more than just sex between man and woman.

looking forward to reading some of yours! happy christmas

Last edited by arnorway; December 24th, 2018 at 02:22 AM.
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 05:07 AM   #2
drhalsey1
Member++

drhalsey1's Forum Picture

Name: Braydon
Default Re: same sex attraction in your life

I've seen and known a couple that I've known for sure, I have a cousin who's bi, one who's lesbian, another female cousin who is actually married to a lady. And I've seen same sex couples around, though not very often.

I found out through a couple cousins just telling me at some point, and the other has been married to her wife for a while now.

Never really had it specifically explained or anything though. I mostly learned the basics of sexuality when I thought I might like guys and searched for information online.
drhalsey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Pultost
Awesome Poster

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Yes, I have grown up with two mothers, and my father is an unknown sperm donor. Besides them, I know a couple in school who are gay, I know because they're very open about it, and didn't keep it a secret, as it should be.

"I like life, life likes me, life and I fairly fully agree..."

-The Ghost of Christmas Present.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #4
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Being bisexual myself, I have met quite a few other girls who like girls and are very open about it.

For one excellent example of an older woman I've known all my life, my gym teacher at school is a family friend of my parents and she's openly gay and living with another woman. They have been to our house together as a couple as long as I can remember. Now that it has become legal, they announced their engagement and intend to be married, which is totally appropriate.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2018, 01:27 PM   #5
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

I have an openly gay uncle. And I have lots of friends who are LGBT, etc.

18 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 12:29 AM   #6
arnorway
Member++

Name: Arne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
Yes, I have grown up with two mothers, and my father is an unknown sperm donor. Besides them, I know a couple in school who are gay, I know because they're very open about it, and didn't keep it a secret, as it should be.
that's cool how is it having two moms? and nobody at my school is out but it's a small school
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 01:49 AM   #7
Pultost
Awesome Poster

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomvirginboy View Post
that's cool how is it having two moms? and nobody at my school is out but it's a small school
It's quite nice. Of course I some times wonder what it's like to have a dad, but I wouldn't trade them for anyone.

"I like life, life likes me, life and I fairly fully agree..."

-The Ghost of Christmas Present.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 03:51 AM   #8
Oscar2005
Nice Poster

Name: Oscar

I dont know anyone who is gay except here, and except for the son of one of dad's friends, he must be 25 or 30 i saw him like 2 times. There are also rumours about 2 or 3 guys at my school but I dont know for sure. Of course there may also be some boys or girls who are gay but that I dont know of
Oscar2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 10:42 AM   #9
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

My roommate is gay I'm assuming is bf is too, plus I got a couple gay friends from high school, and my gf's best friend is bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2018, 11:10 AM   #10
Shiny Moon
Great Poster

Shiny Moon's Forum Picture

Name: Savannah

Family: my mom is bisexual and one of my cousins is gay.

Close friends: my best friend is bisexual, and another close friend is a lesbian. I'm 100% sure another friend is gay but he hasn't "come out" yet.

People from school or not so close friends: around 10 or so bisexual girls, some lesbians and a few gay guys.

A lot of people I know have come out in the last years which makes me happy for them

If I were you, I'd do me too

18. Bi.

Drop me a PM if you wanna chat, I don't bite!
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 12:22 AM   #11
tessa-
Member++

tessa-'s Forum Picture

Name: Tessa

It happens
I have to a few girls
tessa- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 07:29 AM   #12
WHATWOULDYOUDOFORLUV

WHATWOULDYOUDOFORLUV's Forum Picture

Name: Charles

My dad died when I was one. So I grew up with two mommies then a third and lastly a fourth. My mom's sister was les. My second mommies sister was les. My older sister was bi. Only me and my younger sister were straght.
The rest of my family was a grandmother a divorced aunt and two female cousins. I was the only male at thanksgiving.
When my mommies through a party the bay bar shut down (maybe), but they were all at my house. All I knew was this was normal and everybody else was different.

I've stated that I think I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.. It's kind of a joke, but then hey, as a kid you emulate the people around you.
Nobody really hated men, wasn't taught it but when there's tension in the air due to discrimination (all boys club at work)etc....
At school I couldn't empathize with other boys. Didn't know where they were coming from with there abrupt behavior . Basically I thought like a sissy Good thing I was the biggest. I fought all the time.. I ended up sitting at the girls table, and for the most part my best friends were all girls.
It kinda sucked, the snickering and all. ..until the seventh grade and hormones kicked in.

And no, I was not stuck in the friend zone.
Growing up in a gay lifestyle wasn't all good, but it DEFINITELY was not bad.

I think I may be a lesbian trapped in a man's body.?.?

The more you suffer,the more it means you really care.....right.
WHATWOULDYOUDOFORLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 12:30 AM   #13
Naters2000
Junior Member+

Name: Nate

I have seven friends who are Gay/Lesbian, and I have over ten friends are bi. I know a few of them from orchestra and others from school.

I never really got the talk. Just my piano teacher explained that gay means someone is attracted to the same sex.

Im Nate, I play classical clarinet, love hiking, illustrating, and spending time with my incredible friends! Feel free to write a message on my board.
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 08:42 AM   #14
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

I met some folks who are lgbtetc. And some became friends.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2019, 12:11 PM   #15
Oscar2005
Nice Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naters2000 View Post
I never really got the talk. Just my piano teacher explained that gay means someone is attracted to the same sex.
So now music schools do the sex ed classes...
Oscar2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 08:54 AM   #16
xSashax
Member+

xSashax's Forum Picture

Name: Sasha

I have friends who are bi and I know some gay people as well...not exactly friends but I know them. I’m bi myself.
xSashax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 09:40 AM   #17
scentlessapprentice

scentlessapprentice's Forum Picture

I have a bunch of friends who are gay and bi. Both boys and girls.

it's never really brought up unless they're talking about crushes, so i never question it
scentlessapprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 04:12 PM   #18
Thedukeoftrumpet
Junior Member+

Thedukeoftrumpet's Forum Picture

I know a lot. Mostly from doing musical theatre (what a surprise)
Thedukeoftrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2019, 10:07 PM   #19
Naters2000
Junior Member+

Name: Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar2005 View Post
So now music schools do the sex ed classes...
😂 Wow you're right lol

Im Nate, I play classical clarinet, love hiking, illustrating, and spending time with my incredible friends! Feel free to write a message on my board.
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 05:59 AM   #20
EvaNL
Member++

EvaNL's Forum Picture

Name: Eva

I know plenty of gay, bi, bi-curious and others.
With some you just know. Some you hear about and when you ask about it, they confirm. And some simply tell you.

I think you have to live pretty solitary if you don't have someone in your surroundings who is at least bi-curious. Knowing about it is again a different issue, of course.

I'm les, feel free to contact me
EvaNL is offline   Reply With Quote