Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 25th, 2018, 01:47 PM   #1
TheSmokingMan
Nice Poster

TheSmokingMan's Forum Picture

Name: Caleb
Default Mission Impossible: Fallout

Anyone planning to see the latest Mission Impossible film this Thursday/Friday???
I had to catch up and watch Rogue Nation last night considering Fallout is a direct sequel.

Anyways,
I suppose this can become the new Mission Impossible thread, because I imagine at least SOME of us will be seeing this movie over the weekend. I mean, come on. It has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 86% on Metacritic. Critics are calling this "the best action movie of the century" and "one of the best action movies ever made". This is a summer blockbuster to get out and experience.
TheSmokingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2018, 09:46 PM   #2
swimjoey1
Member++

Name: Joey
Default Re: Mission Impossible: Fallout

Gonna watch it next weekend. The opening weekend is gonna be too busy.
swimjoey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2018, 10:04 PM   #3
Ashley2004
Member+

Ashley2004's Forum Picture

Name: Ashley

I never listen to critics. Some will say every movie is the best thing ever. Nevertheless I do plan to see it this weekend. I liked the others except for #2. That one was stupid.
Ashley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2018, 12:32 PM   #4
TheSmokingMan
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimjoey1 View Post
Gonna watch it next weekend. The opening weekend is gonna be too busy.
You'll have to let me know what you think though for sure!
We had a GREAT time yesterday and this movie is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2004 View Post
I never listen to critics. Some will say every movie is the best thing ever. Nevertheless I do plan to see it this weekend. I liked the others except for #2. That one was stupid.
Well, there is some merit to this statement.
At the end of the day, it does not matter how well or poorly a film is made if you simply don't like it. A prime example: I hated A Quiet Place, but audiences and critics BOTH loved it, AND, it's not even that poorly made. I just did not like it one bit. And I wanted to love it. I was hoping it would be the best horror movie of the year. Alas, it wasn't.

Back to the topic at hand,
I think Mission Impossible: Fallout lives up to every word of hype. It is a powerhouse. My categories for rating movies are as follows: Story, Suspense, Soundtrack, Originality, Flow, Dialogue, and Acting.
With no spoilers:

Story: This film has a similar story to the other Mission movies. Mission goes bad, Ethan Hunt against the impossible. It's literally how they go. BUT, Fallout, though it follows the formula, presents it in a way that no other Mission movie has in the past. So, 10/10

Suspense: If you watch this and you didn't white knuckle either your friend's/significant other's hand or simply the grips of your seat, you have no emotions. This is EASILY the most suspenseful Mission Impossible movie. EASILY. 10/10

Soundtrack: Something you must know about me is that I'm a musician (composer, conductor, and piano student). So I judge soundtracks very harshly. This soundtrack is lots of fun. There is even a really exciting track during a very tense scene in Paris, France that is in the irregular time signature of 10/8. I loved it. Not only was the music itself great, but it was used EFFECTIVELY. I.e. The Dark Knight. Yes. The music was that effective. And soundtrack is not just *music* either. But the punches felt BRUTAL and every gunshot was crisp and not "fake" sounding. Soundtrack is a 10/10

Originality: Originality gets a 10/10 because... Go see the movie and tell me later.

Flow: The flow is complex, but it's why the movie works. This movie feels like an espionage movie because you truly don't know who to trust. They've tried that in all 5 movies leading up to this one, but it is in fallout where it works the best. 10/10

Dialogue: The dialogue did not feel cheesy or poorly written. That's where some action movies tend to fall short. But this one really avoided any cheese. It was good, emotional, funny at times because an action movie should be, and well written. And it did not rely on coarse language to make their action stars gritty and tense. I'm sure you're aware that this was the first Mission movie to use the word F***. And they did not need it. PG-13 looked very good on Fallout. Again, 10/10.

Acting: The only category in which I might knock off half a point. I have to see it again to make sure. But it wasn't the lines themselves that were bad, but some of the DELIVERIES of those lines didn't feel like a solid 10/10. 9/10 or 9.5/10? ABSOLUTELY. But a full 10/10? I would have to see it again and tell you then.

So yes. I hope you enjoy Fallout, and I agree with you about Mission Impossible 2. That one is rough. John Woo has a very specific style and it doesn't quite suit the Mission Impossible series. Besides, 2 does not follow the tone of the first one very well at all. The are complete polar opposites. Yes, in that movie the last hour is awesome. But the 90 minutes leading up to that final awesome hour are full of bad acting, painful line delivery, poor writing, an awkward soundtrack, and a general tone that is NOT Mission Impossible. But when the shut up and start shooting, it's an awesome final hour.

Double posts merged. ~Jinglebottom

Last edited by Jinglebottom; August 11th, 2018 at 01:55 AM.
Old July 28th, 2018, 01:06 PM   #5
Ashley2004
Member+

Ashley2004's Forum Picture

Name: Ashley

I saw it last night it was good but a little long. Similar to the last couple for the most part. Entertaining but not the best one either.
Ashley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:21 AM   #6
MikaylaP

MikaylaP's Forum Picture

Name: Mikayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2004 View Post
I agree with this and with books. I hardly pay att to reviews as I have liked some books and movies that others have disliked and also the opposite. If you want to read a certain book, have an interest, then find out for yourself and be the judge. Liking something is really up to the individual.
MikaylaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2018, 12:19 AM   #7
Gazebo

Gazebo's Forum Picture

It was really good, better than Rogue Nation I would say. At times it was a little too over-the-top honestly but other than that it was excellent

We stalk at night
We prey at night
Were the rats
Gazebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2018, 01:26 PM   #8
sammydavis

sammydavis's Forum Picture

Name: Samantha

I want to see this so bad!! I might be going with a friend soon. I love a good action movie especially with Tom Cruise
sammydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2018, 11:04 PM   #9
TheSmokingMan
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydavis View Post
I want to see this so bad!! I might be going with a friend soon. I love a good action movie especially with Tom Cruise
Oh my God!
You have GOT to get out and see this thing before it leaves theaters!! It's SO good!! Yeah, I think Tom Cruise is pretty great to be honest.
Old August 17th, 2018, 11:11 PM   #10
sammydavis

sammydavis's Forum Picture

Name: Samantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingMan View Post
Oh my God!
You have GOT to get out and see this thing before it leaves theaters!! It's SO good!! Yeah, I think Tom Cruise is pretty great to be honest.
Lol I saw it with a friend!! It was amazing!!
sammydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2018, 11:14 PM   #11
TheSmokingMan
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydavis View Post
Lol I saw it with a friend!! It was amazing!!
Oh I'm so glad!
Yes! And it IS amazing 😊
Old August 18th, 2018, 06:09 PM   #12
swimjoey1
Member++

Name: Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingMan View Post
Oh I'm so glad!
Yes! And it IS amazing 😊
Saw the matinee today. We sat in the D box seat it was amazing. I think its the best movie I seen so far. Avengers was good too.
swimjoey1 is offline   Reply With Quote