Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 20th, 2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Henry333

Name: Henry
Default how do you revise for english lit?

just taking my GCSEs at the moment and struggling to think of how to revise for English literature... and help?
Henry333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 10:23 AM   #2
bougainvillea

bougainvillea's Forum Picture

Name: shanie
Default Re: how do you revise for english lit?

With so much content to learn closed-book, it is hard to revise this late into GCSEs. All I can recommend is read over chapter/scene summaries online for your novels/plays (since it’s on the GCSE list, you’re bound to find a few good ones at least) and pick out a quote bank that can be used across a range of topics. It’s quicker and easier than reading over the material over and over, not to mention that the older works are difficult as heck to read.

To be honest, it’s harder for poems - I did the new 9-1 last year and I didn’t even answer the poetry question (I wouldn’t recommend doing that!!). Think of some generic questions they may ask (sadness, war, family, etc) and for each topic write down the poems that would be relevant. For each poem, pick out a couple of strong quotes that could be applied to several different topics.

bougainvillea - help and advice moderator

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
bougainvillea is offline   Reply With Quote