Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 11th, 2018, 07:45 PM   #1
Southern_Cheer

Southern_Cheer's Forum Picture

Name: Anna May
Default Raised super reglious

I am raised in a small town in Ga in a super Christian family. It has affected who I could and could not hang out with, what I could do. And pretty much every aspect of my life.

I was wondering if anyone else has been kinda forced into a life style they dont really like and what you do about it
Southern_Cheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 09:56 PM   #2
NeonBlueButterfly

NeonBlueButterfly's Forum Picture

Name: Emily
Default Re: Raised super reglious

I'm definitely in the same situation. At the moment, I just try to not make any waves, and I pretty much keep to myself. I try to remember that my parents may be able to force me to attend church and social gatherings, but they can't dictate who I am inside. Someday, I'll be able to be the real me, and focusing on that helps.

You can send me a PM here if you like.
NeonBlueButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2018, 11:02 PM   #3
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBlueButterfly View Post
I'm definitely in the same situation. At the moment, I just try to not make any waves, and I pretty much keep to myself. I try to remember that my parents may be able to force me to attend church and social gatherings, but they can't dictate who I am inside. Someday, I'll be able to be the real me, and focusing on that helps.
This is really well said.
We can't choose our families and how they raise us but we can be independent personalities inside ourselves.

Parents can tell us what to do, yes , but that doesn't mean we have to swallow everything they tell us without questioning it.
Educating yourself and thinking for yourself is an important thing in growing up.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 03:05 PM   #4
Southern_Cheer

Im worried that even though i try and be my own person that eventually its just going to get suffocated out of me....i cant imagine my mom growing up dreaming about being the good lil house wife but thats what happened to her
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:59 PM   #5
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Cheer View Post
Im worried that even though i try and be my own person that eventually its just going to get suffocated out of me....i cant imagine my mom growing up dreaming about being the good lil house wife but thats what happened to her

Well whatever your Mom's dreams were is something that only your Mom might know.
As a whole from what you posted on this forum you seem to have an independent mind and I don't think you will lose this during the rest of your teenage years.
Old February 14th, 2018, 06:23 AM   #6
Southern_Cheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
Well whatever your Mom's dreams were is something that only your Mom might know.
As a whole from what you posted on this forum you seem to have an independent mind and I don't think you will lose this during the rest of your teenage years.
no it'll probly result in me getting into trouble
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #7
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
no it'll probly result in me getting into trouble
Well I feel that getting into trouble with your parents since you disagree on certain things is part of growing up and becoming yourself in my opinion.
So I guess you should be fine dontcha think?
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:22 PM   #8
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

I was raised by two Atheists in one of the most Liberal states in the country, but I've experienced a few awkward encounters with super religious people. I remember when I was 17, I was at my girlfriend's house. By this time, her and I had been dating for well over a year, and sorry for the TMI, but we had fucked like maybe 200 times. Obviously premarital sex is bad according to both of the Bibles, so if we ever got caught, I'd be like you know, killed.

Well, her sister caught us, and it took a hundred dollar bribe from me for her to not tell anyone. I really dodged a bullet.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 02:21 PM   #9
Southern_Cheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
I was raised by two Atheists in one of the most Liberal states in the country, but I've experienced a few awkward encounters with super religious people. I remember when I was 17, I was at my girlfriend's house. By this time, her and I had been dating for well over a year, and sorry for the TMI, but we had fucked like maybe 200 times. Obviously premarital sex is bad according to both of the Bibles, so if we ever got caught, I'd be like you know, killed.

Well, her sister caught us, and it took a hundred dollar bribe from me for her to not tell anyone. I really dodged a bullet.
A) what do you mean by killed?????
B) Both bibles?

why did you bribe her if you live in an liberal aera???/ so confused
Old February 14th, 2018, 11:12 PM   #10
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post

Ah, I know that...but I was the one getting the money. One of my cousins had this girlfriend and her parents are super religious. I caught them having sex once and he offered me 50 dollar.
I would not have said anything of course and I don't think her Dad would have shot him - I feel he just panicked. But it was funny,though.
Old February 15th, 2018, 05:34 PM   #11
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Quote:
A) what do you mean by killed?????
B) Both bibles?

why did you bribe her if you live in an liberal aera???/ so confused
Aren't there two bibles? The old Testament and the New Testament? Sorry, I'm not very well versed in Christianity. And I'm not sure being in a Liberal area has any connection to bribing. My gf and I were caught by her sister, and she said "give me a hundred dollars or I'm telling." So I gave her the hundred dollars.

Also, I meant the killed thing as a figure of speech. Really the worst thing that would happen is her parents going completely nuts and banning me from their house forever, forcing my gf and I to sneak around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalcourt View Post
Ah, I know that...but I was the one getting the money. One of my cousins had this girlfriend and her parents are super religious. I caught them having sex once and he offered me 50 dollar.
I would not have said anything of course and I don't think her Dad would have shot him - I feel he just panicked. But it was funny,though.
I would've done the same as you haha

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
PinkFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote