Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2018, 07:26 PM   #1
Southern_Cheer
Member
 
Southern_Cheer's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anna May
Join Date: January 1, 2018
Location: Gerogia
Gender: Female
Default Special Bible Studies

In my church we have Bible Study every Wednesday and also on Sunday before service. But my sister just told me about another Bible Study that girls *have* to go to as well.
It is only for girls and you start going when you get your period and you don't stop until after college. My sister told me it is not optional and you have to go if you are a member of our church. She wouldn't tell me what they talk about in the group because they are not suppose to talk about it outside of the appropriate space and never in front of men.

I was wondering if anyone else has a bible study class like this and what goes on in there?
Southern_Cheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 04:23 AM   #2
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Cedrick
Join Date: December 14, 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Cheer View Post
In my church we have Bible Study every Wednesday and also on Sunday before service. But my sister just told me about another Bible Study that girls *have* to go to as well.
It is only for girls and you start going when you get your period and you don't stop until after college. My sister told me it is not optional and you have to go if you are a member of our church. She wouldn't tell me what they talk about in the group because they are not suppose to talk about it outside of the appropriate space and never in front of men.

I was wondering if anyone else has a bible study class like this and what goes on in there?
The first thing that I thought of while reading your post is that a really conservative church like the one that you have described would encourage women to keep secrets from their husbands. Just found that interesting.

It sounds obvious to me that you do not want to be a part of the church community. Is leaving the church an option?


Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Southern_Cheer
Member
 
Southern_Cheer's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anna May
Join Date: January 1, 2018
Location: Gerogia
Gender: Female
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
The first thing that I thought of while reading your post is that a really conservative church like the one that you have described would encourage women to keep secrets from their husbands. Just found that interesting.

It sounds obvious to me that you do not want to be a part of the church community. Is leaving the church an option?
It's not so much as keep secrets from your husband (my mom tells my dad everything) its more of you do not talk about certain subjects in front of your husband. You never talk about bodily functions, don't talk about periods or bathing habits. Its the secret stuff that woman do that you are not allowed to talk about.

and no leaving the church is not really an option atm
Southern_Cheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 08:07 PM   #4
NewLeafsFan
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Cedrick
Join Date: December 14, 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Cheer View Post
It's not so much as keep secrets from your husband (my mom tells my dad everything) its more of you do not talk about certain subjects in front of your husband. You never talk about bodily functions, don't talk about periods or bathing habits. Its the secret stuff that woman do that you are not allowed to talk about.

and no leaving the church is not really an option atm
That is really unfortunate. Luckily the teenage years seem to fly by and you will be making your own decisions sooner than you think. Right now, make sure that nobody talks you into doing anything that you ruin your future. (ex get married or have kids). Good luck!


Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 06:20 AM   #5
Southern_Cheer
Member
 
Southern_Cheer's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anna May
Join Date: January 1, 2018
Location: Gerogia
Gender: Female
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Thats all othr ball game
Southern_Cheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 03:52 AM   #6
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Cheer View Post
In my church we have Bible Study every Wednesday and also on Sunday before service. But my sister just told me about another Bible Study that girls *have* to go to as well.
It is only for girls and you start going when you get your period and you don't stop until after college. My sister told me it is not optional and you have to go if you are a member of our church. She wouldn't tell me what they talk about in the group because they are not suppose to talk about it outside of the appropriate space and never in front of men.

I was wondering if anyone else has a bible study class like this and what goes on in there?
I’ll tell you what that crap is about.

They going to go over certain bodily functions yes, but they go a step farther talking about stereotypical gender roles, and also really unhealthy propaganda regarding how sexual immorality is bad and what sexual immorality means, and what behaviors are sinful and which aren’t.


It’s very traditional but also incorrect and harmful to female psychological-and psycho-sexual development.


Part of the reason I think VT exists and why the moderators and site owner tolerate sexual educational discussion here in puberty 101 forums is to combat and provide real medical truth about the female body.

Group sessions like these really are the cause for Rape-guilt (maybe I sent out the wrong signals amen if I wasn’t so tempting he wouldn’t have abused me) if that ever happens to you God forbid, because you’ll notice as you go through these bible studies the emphasis will be put on the girl’s responsibility to be prim and proper (I.e. masturbation is evil, sexual lustful thoughts are evil).

Baptist interpretation of Christianity is Satan himself, because it sets up the psychological foundation for which Satan can then exploit a guilt complex in those women and drag them to hell, because women who believe Baptist interpretation aren’t prepared for the moral grey areas of life.....BEWARE.


Let me tell you now that scripture says NOTHING (so this includes thoughts) is evil in and of itself.

Christ was teaching that God’s universal design involves all things in moderation, the Baptist view on Christianity doesn’t teach this...it has an all or nothing approach.


—-


Also don’t forget the story of Ruth, and how she rebuffs a younger man who wanted to marry her and how the moral of that story encourages her to marry and older man who can provide a better economic life for her. She is praised for that decision by the way....


Just as a side note, see if your special bible study teachers ever mention the story of Ruth, or if they conveniently avoid talking about that book’s use of female sexuality for monetary advancement in life. Don’t bring it up, just notice if they have the bravery to challenge their own faith.

Last edited by Uniquemind; February 17th, 2018 at 04:02 AM.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 05:20 AM   #7
Arkansasguy
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: December 29, 2014
Gender: Male
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

To the OP:

Your church seems really weird, but the immorality of things like lustful thoughts, pre-marital sex, and contraception was universally agreed upon by all Christian sects prior to the 20th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Christ was teaching that Gods universal design involves all things in moderation
This is a lie. You should feel ashamed for lying to people.
Arkansasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 05:25 AM   #8
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy View Post
To the OP:

Your church seems really weird, but the immorality of things like lustful thoughts, pre-marital sex, and contraception was universally agreed upon by all Christian sects prior to the 20th century.



This is a lie. You should feel ashamed for lying to people.
It is not a lie for the Bible does state that nothing is evil in and of itself. The answer to why evil exist and why it’s tolerated is because it serves a purpose to the greater good, and eventually it will fade away. But all things have their place, and a place for all things; otherwise God would not have created them.


Lustful thoughts, are dangerous as they are the precursor to sin, but they are not evil in and of themselves.

Last edited by Uniquemind; February 17th, 2018 at 05:36 AM.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:47 AM   #9
Arkansasguy
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: December 29, 2014
Gender: Male
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquemind View Post
Lustful thoughts, are dangerous as they are the precursor to sin, but they are not evil in and of themselves.
Jesus said that one who lusted after a woman had committed adultery with her in his heart. He didn't say it was just a bad idea.
Arkansasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:44 AM   #10
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy View Post
Jesus said that one who lusted after a woman had committed adultery with her in his heart. He didn't say it was just a bad idea.
Not in the original language he spoke. He was more eloquent than that.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:17 PM   #11
Arkansasguy
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: December 29, 2014
Gender: Male
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

If you say so
Arkansasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2018, 02:03 PM   #12
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Special Bible Studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy View Post
If you say so
Because it doesn't make sense.

There are many times in the OT, where the OT Prophets, feels tempted, and resists and God praises resisting upon acting the sin.

So is the sin, the thought/feeling? Or acting upon the feeling.

The proper interpretation of scripture will always be without contradiction and with consistency.

If I go with the mainstream interpretation, you get I to this muddy satanic grey zone, where thinking of the sin = the sin, therefore what the difference of acting upon it versus not, if your damned to hell either way?

Also notice, I'm not making the argument not acting upon sin, saves anybody, but just that one instance where someone resists not committing that sin in that specific episodic moment.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org