Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 11th, 2018, 11:17 PM   #1
Ineedyou

Ineedyou's Forum Picture

Name: Ky
Default Is this a illness?

Everytime i'm with friends feel happy and fine, but the second i'm alone and my friends leave to do whatever I just get huge depression. I try to fight this because I don't want to be "needy" or something, but I get majorly depressed when I'm alone and I get a sense that my friends don't like me or want to talk to me, which i truly know is not true. So I don't know whats wrong.

And when i say depressed I mean depressed, I get very sad (sometimes cry shamefully) and I don't know what to do. And then the next day when they talk to me it's all better again.
Ineedyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:55 AM   #2
Naters2000
Junior Member+

Naters2000's Forum Picture

Name: Nate
Default Re: Is this a illness?

I feel ya there I get this way too. I think it’s attributed to my anxiety, so maybe that’s it?
Naters2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 02:50 PM   #3
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya

None of us can tell you if you're ill or not and if you have depression. Many people feel low at points in their life but if this is persistent I would encourage you to speak to your friends and family about how you're feeling. It would also be good to see a doctor if you can or want to. Do you know why you feel so different when you're not with your friends?

~Dying Ember
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 05:28 PM   #4
Ethan19
Member+

Ethan19's Forum Picture

Name: Ethan

A lot of people are quick to self diagnose. Is it bad to miss your friends? No. That's probably all it is, as for the secondary effect of not wanting to talk with you. If you know that's not true then it's not a problem ��
Ethan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:09 PM   #5
BryGuy

Name: Bryan

Could be chronic depression.
BryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 01:41 AM   #6
Chaosphere
Nice Poster

Chaosphere's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Location: Probably somewhere haunted or a secluded mountain path somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedyou View Post
Everytime i'm with friends feel happy and fine, but the second i'm alone and my friends leave to do whatever I just get huge depression. I try to fight this because I don't want to be "needy" or something, but I get majorly depressed when I'm alone and I get a sense that my friends don't like me or want to talk to me, which i truly know is not true. So I don't know whats wrong.

And when i say depressed I mean depressed, I get very sad (sometimes cry shamefully) and I don't know what to do. And then the next day when they talk to me it's all better again.
There's no way to diagnose you and it would be irresponsible to claim with any medical authority that you have anything, but at the same time I often feel the same way when I get that rare chance to hang out with someone I truly like. The way you describe it, feeling like they don't like you is a symptom of a lot of things, and it shows up relatively frequently. I would talk to someone like a counselor or therapist if you can to explore that side of you.

18, Male, bisexual, jellybean lover. Evolving every day. Giving my advice where I can and having some fun with it.
Chaosphere is offline   Reply With Quote