Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2019, 03:35 PM   #21
vandilization
Member
 
vandilization's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrew
Join Date: November 12, 2017
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binaryjinx View Post
As a matter fact that VT does not have any issues with email notifications. The problem lies with inactive mods. Admin has not been able to recruit new mods. Admin is too busy to monitor and approve new accounts.
That wouldn't be the case here because the majority of the email notifications people aren't getting are automated. Therefore, there is a problem with email notifications. Even some of the mods that you claim aren't here have responded to these posts.
vandilization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2019, 06:59 PM   #22
Binaryjinx
New Member
 
Binaryjinx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Gender: Neutral
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandilization View Post
That wouldn't be the case here because the majority of the email notifications people aren't getting are automated. Therefore, there is a problem with email notifications. Even some of the mods that you claim aren't here have responded to these posts.


Too much email - especially unexpected emails - and a few of them will start marking it as spam

Servers (especially shared) have severe email limits, after which odd things can happen like dropped emails - much more important emails. which the ADMIN OF VT has disabled.

Since the Admin has not given the mods the ability to manage email and notifications under the mod settings
Binaryjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 05:49 PM   #23
vandilization
Member
 
vandilization's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrew
Join Date: November 12, 2017
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binaryjinx View Post
Too much email - especially unexpected emails - and a few of them will start marking it as spam

Servers (especially shared) have severe email limits, after which odd things can happen like dropped emails - much more important emails. which the ADMIN OF VT has disabled.

Since the Admin has not given the mods the ability to manage email and notifications under the mod settings
You have 4 posts...how would you even know that the admin had disabled it.
vandilization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 07:20 PM   #24
Binaryjinx
New Member
 
Binaryjinx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Gender: Neutral
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandilization View Post
You have 4 posts...how would you even know that the admin had disabled it.
What does my 4 posts have to do with the issue at hand?
Binaryjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 10:32 AM   #25
vandilization
Member
 
vandilization's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrew
Join Date: November 12, 2017
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

You didn’t answer the question, in fact you’ve dodged that question when other people asked too
vandilization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 11:52 AM   #26
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binaryjinx View Post
As a matter fact that VT does not have any issues with email notifications. The problem lies with inactive mods. Admin has not been able to recruit new mods. Admin is too busy to monitor and approve new accounts.
There are some mods who are active and they've said it's an issue with outgoing email. Also, I believe new accounts happen automatically; they aren't individually approved, as I understand it. In addition, there are a couple threads about existing members not getting email notifications of pm's sent them, which is an automatic action and doesn't require any staff's action.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 11:55 AM   #27
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binaryjinx View Post
What does my 4 posts have to do with the issue at hand?
The question is, do you have any credibility? That's a reasonable question, especially for someone who has no established track record on this site.
Likes: (2)
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 06:54 PM   #28
Just JT
VT Lover
 
Just JT's Forum Picture
 
Name: JT
Join Date: June 27, 2015
Location: Kingdom of God
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

It seems/feels crazy doesnít it?
All I can say here is be aware
An absent admin and seemingly no mods, is a dangerous mix
New members may know things as a result of knowingness certain members outside this forum, so may not be what it seems

However, in the culture of forums like VT, Iíd be hard pressed to believe any fact unless itís from a mod or admin directly.

That being said, seems not many around.....

Buyer beware is all I can say

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Likes: (2)
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 01:08 AM   #29
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
It seems/feels crazy doesnít it?
All I can say here is be aware
An absent admin and seemingly no mods, is a dangerous mix
New members may know things as a result of knowingness certain members outside this forum, so may not be what it seems

However, in the culture of forums like VT, Iíd be hard pressed to believe any fact unless itís from a mod or admin directly.

That being said, seems not many around.....

Buyer beware is all I can say
The problem has been explained by a couple mods in a couple recent threads. It'a problem with the email system which can only be addressed by our long absent admin.

Contrary to Binaryjinx's post, there no reason to believe it'd due to email overload. Given the low useage of this site compared to it's heyday, email notifications I would imagine are low.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 04:28 AM   #30
Oskarr2005
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binaryjinx View Post
As a matter fact that VT does not have any issues with email notifications. The problem lies with inactive mods. Admin has not been able to recruit new mods. Admin is too busy to monitor and approve new accounts.
There are new users all the time, so one way or another, new accounts are in fact approved
Oskarr2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:00 PM   #31
Binaryjinx
New Member
 
Binaryjinx's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 23, 2018
Gender: Neutral
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr2005 View Post
There are new users all the time, so one way or another, new accounts are in fact approved
And yet the problem persists
Binaryjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2019, 04:01 PM   #32
vandilization
Member
 
vandilization's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrew
Join Date: November 12, 2017
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr2005 View Post
There are new users all the time, so one way or another, new accounts are in fact approved
Actually if you look at the member list, there has been NO new member since June 7th.
vandilization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2019, 10:43 PM   #33
Ragle
Member++
 
Ragle's Forum Picture
 
Name: Elgar
Join Date: February 8, 2016
Location: Inmyinnerspace
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandilization View Post
Actually if you look at the member list, there has been NO new member since June 7th.

Reading this let me hear the demise song of the forum.
Ragle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:25 AM   #34
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr2005 View Post
There are new users all the time, so one way or another, new accounts are in fact approved
Are you sure? I don't believe I've seen one since this problem came to light, but of course I can't say it hasn't happened. Can you tell me which members are new?
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 05:41 PM   #35
vandilization
Member
 
vandilization's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andrew
Join Date: November 12, 2017
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Are you sure? I don't believe I've seen one since this problem came to light, but of course I can't say it hasn't happened. Can you tell me which members are new?
There arenít any. You can look at the members list and sort by join date. Newest member was from June 7th, which was about 4 days before these posts started showing up on here.
Likes: (1)
vandilization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2019, 09:22 PM   #36
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandilization View Post
There arenít any. You can look at the members list and sort by join date. Newest member was from June 7th, which was about 4 days before these posts started showing up on here.
Ah, good point. I wasn't aware of that feature. Yeah, IIRC the first complaint about this was posted around June 8.
So no, in fact no new accounts have been approved.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2019, 04:33 PM   #37
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful
 
BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Fiona
Join Date: September 22, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Is it possible for the mods to contact vBulletin (or whoever would have this info) in the event that the admin has gone AWOL for a significant amount of time...and either retrieve the login info or change admin powers to a different user?

19 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see


BlackParadePixie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2019, 06:13 PM   #38
RyanIsGay24
Awesome Poster
 
RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ryan
Join Date: March 14, 2018
Location: USA
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsden04 View Post
Nobody is getting any emails at the moment, think there is a problem with the site the mods are aware and trying to get it fixed
Omg, is that why Iím not getting sent emails when I get pms?!?!

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 07:49 PM   #39
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIsGay24 View Post
Omg, is that why Iím not getting sent emails when I get pms?!?!
Yes. There have been a couple threads about it. No one has received emails from here since at least June 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
Is it possible for the mods to contact vBulletin (or whoever would have this info) in the event that the admin has gone AWOL for a significant amount of time...and either retrieve the login info or change admin powers to a different user?
I'm not very familiar with website operations, but I don't think that would be the first path to take. The admin, Val I believe is her name, is AWOL, but she doesn't own the site. The CoolBeans guy actually owns it and although all new members get an email from him (oh, that's right, the email doesn't work), he is inactive. I think if any action were to be taken, it would be to try and get in touch with him and see what his plans are for this site.

The truth is, this site is going downhill. This whole type of platform lost popularity awhile back. This site has no leadership, usage is falling and the site is well known for having a lot of fake profiles. It's only a matter of time.

Though someone must have a finger on this site, as the cost of maintaining the website (bandwidth I guess) is being paid. I don't know if the coolbean guy is paying that or what, but someone must be.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2019, 08:25 PM   #40
Zika
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: November 17, 2018
Location: the sweet spot
Gender: Cisgender Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Friend canít set up get VT account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIsGay24 View Post
Omg, is that why Iím not getting sent emails when I get pms?!?!
Wait, you get PMS? I thought you were a guy
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org