Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 7th, 2017, 07:54 PM   #1
OldNewGuy
Member++

Default Better with meds

Hey guys! So I have ADD/ADHD. To be honest, I like it better when I am on my meds. When I am off them, I literally can’t focus. Like, one day last year, I forgot to take my meds and at school, I couldn’t do anything. I was distracted very easily. It sucks to be like this bc i cant get anything done. It does NOT bother me to take the meds. It has just become part of my daily routine. These meds have made my life SOOOOOO much better as most people have no clue I have ADHD unless I tell them. Also, I have been taking meds for as long as I can remember so I don’t know what its like to be off the meds for a long period of time. It was not really my decision if I wanted he meds or not. My parents started when I was too young to make that kind of decision. Honestly, I am very happy they put me on these meds as they improve my life so much!

PM me any time if you wanna chat!

ďWhen I try to be funny, iím not funny. When I donít try to be funny, iím still not funnyĒ -A not so funny person

Last edited by OldNewGuy; December 7th, 2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something
OldNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 07:25 AM   #2
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Better with meds

Meds are a huge part of my life also. I didnít start till just a few years ago. Once we found the right one and right doses etc lifeís been great. I do t like taking them. They make me feel like I donít have control over myself, and without them I donít, I know that

But I remember who I was pre meds and who I am now, and I like the now me better. Sometimes if I forget Iíll walk in circles and back and forth in an unorganized way trying to get my shit together just to go for a run. And Iíll get really angry, then all kinda kid happens for me and my surroundings.

I carry a couple days spare meds in my backpack on top of my Daly meds just in case I forget them for the day. Nothing worse than being at school or in the public without meds heading to a meltdown.

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #3
OldNewGuy
Member++

Default Re: Better with meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
Meds are a huge part of my life also. I didnít start till just a few years ago. Once we found the right one and right doses etc lifeís been great.
It also took me a little while to find the doses and correct meds for me. I know we tried multiple different kinds before we settled on what I am taking now.

PM me any time if you wanna chat!

ďWhen I try to be funny, iím not funny. When I donít try to be funny, iím still not funnyĒ -A not so funny person
OldNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote