Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What computers does your school use?
Windows 10 100.00%
Mac 4 40.00%
Tablets/other 3 30.00%
Chromebooks 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7th, 2017, 08:59 AM   #1
ACDCFAN

Default What technology does your school use?

In today’s evolving classrooms, what do you guys use? My school uses both Windows and Mac. 99% Windows though. In particular, Lenovo.

If Windows/Mac, what kind? Windows 10/8/7?

Do you have your own laptop that you bring to class? Does your school do a 1:1 program? [1:1 means everyone has a laptop provided by the school]

Last edited by ACDCFAN; December 7th, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
ACDCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:58 AM   #2
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Default Re: What technology does your school use?

Everyone at my school has a laptop or tablet. The school allows students to use their own PCs, but no smartphones ... of course. Like other classmates with their smartphones, I'm closely connected to my convertible laptop, which I usually use as a tablet. I use Windows 10. Also, my school uses windows and mac.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:19 AM   #3
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

My high school provided Windows laptops for each student. You could use your own laptop, tablet, or whatever if you wished, though.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #4
Endeavour
Global Moderator

Endeavour's Forum Picture

All of the computers run Windows 7, apart from those in art where they run on Mac. In my school's study room there's roughly 1 computer or laptop to every 3 students. The technicians don't allow personal devices to be connected to the school wifi, so there's no need or no point bringing them with us.

Global Moderator
live a life you will remember

Feel free to contact me: PM[email protected]
Visit: Path to the HorizonAsk Me Anything
Endeavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #5
DarkFlameGeek

Name: Jayson

We use both Mac and Windows, though our school is leaning more towards Mac.

Most of the laboratories either has an iMac or an i7 6th Gen. Dell computer. All of them are running on Windows 10.

There are exceptions though. Since we are in an art school, some courses get their own specialized laboratories. Music production students have their trash can Mac Pro, game development students have their Alienware desktops, and finally animation students have their typical Windows PC (It's a Dell with a Quadro) and Wacom Cintiq combo.

For personal devices, most students bring their laptops mainly because our school is more on digital output based. So its normal to see a group of students on a Mac, using Adobe softwares. LOL. Professors have their dedicated PC's too. They can either use the HP mini-PC's, or borrow an iPad or a MacBook from the school. Though the latter could only be used within the premises.

Lastly, each classroom is equipped with a basic i5 Windows PC, an Apple TV, and an Apple Airport Express so each room has its own designated WiFi. It may sound overkill, but if you're an Apple user, its a blessing because you can literally create PowerPoint presentations say on your iPhone and have it displayed wirelessly on the screen. You don't need to fumble around with the professor's PC.
DarkFlameGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #6
Mars
Global Moderator

Mars's Forum Picture

At my school we use Windows and Mac, and sometimes tablets. We’re a pretty technology based school

"The head may err, but never the blood.”
Nice salt pouch, asshole
Quote:
The point isn’t to actually have the biggest penis in the world, but to carry yourself like you have the biggest penis.

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #7
ACDCFAN

Wink Re: What technology does your school use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFlameGeek View Post
We use both Mac and Windows, though our school is leaning more towards Mac.

Most of the laboratories either has an iMac or an i7 6th Gen. Dell computer. All of them are running on Windows 10.

There are exceptions though. Since we are in an art school, some courses get their own specialized laboratories. Music production students have their trash can Mac Pro, game development students have their Alienware desktops, and finally animation students have their typical Windows PC (It's a Dell with a Quadro) and Wacom Cintiq combo.

For personal devices, most students bring their laptops mainly because our school is more on digital output based. So its normal to see a group of students on a Mac, using Adobe softwares. LOL. Professors have their dedicated PC's too. They can either use the HP mini-PC's, or borrow an iPad or a MacBook from the school. Though the latter could only be used within the premises.

Lastly, each classroom is equipped with a basic i5 Windows PC, an Apple TV, and an Apple Airport Express so each room has its own designated WiFi. It may sound overkill, but if you're an Apple user, its a blessing because you can literally create PowerPoint presentations say on your iPhone and have it displayed wirelessly on the screen. You don't need to fumble around with the professor's PC.
Just curious. Are you in school in the US?

It doesn’t sound overkill at all, since your school is digital output based you rely on your connections. I wish we could chat via a PM (I don’t have enough posts yet) that all sounds really cool
ACDCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #8
OldNewGuy
Member+

OldNewGuy's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Windows desktops amd macbook and chromebook laptops.

PM me any time if you wanna chat!
OldNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #9
Nikki_1
Junior Member+

Name: Nicola

I have a tablet that I use but we also use pen and paper too. Most of the classrooms in my school have the 'smart boards' as well.
Nikki_1 is offline   Reply With Quote