Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 3rd, 2017, 09:17 AM   #1
Seraph

Seraph's Forum Picture

Name: Seraph
Default 20 Quotes by Famous People

“Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein.

“You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” – APJ Abdul Kalam.

“There’s some good in the world, and it’s worth fighting for.” – JRR Tolkien.

“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who really do.” – Steve Jobs.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Adolf Hitler.

“All birds take shelter to avoid rain, but eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference.” – APJ Abdul Kalam.

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi.

“If someone wins without problems, that is just ‘victory’. But if someone wins after a lot of trouble, that is ‘history’.” – Adolf Hitler.

“One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.” – Lord Buddha.

“You see things and ask ‘why?’ but I dreams things that never were and ask ‘why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw.

“A wise man lets go of all results, whether good or bad, and is focused on the action alone.” – Lord Krishna.

“Things do not happen, they are made to happen.” – John F. Kennedy.

“Knowledge gives you power, but character respect.” – Bruce Lee.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. You must maintain the balance to keep moving.” – Albert Einstein.

“If you run, you have a chance of losing. But if you don’t run, then you’ve already lost.” – Barrack Obama.

“Kind words are short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa.

“Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he/she was born in a different time.” – Rabindranath Tagore.

“Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln.

“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee.

“If you think you can achieve greatness without going through intense pressure, then remember: only by intense pressure can diamonds be created.” – Me.

UTÚLIE’N AURË! AUTA I LÓMË!

Out of the Great Sea I have come to you now at the turn of the tide,
and here I will abide until the end of days.

bisexual | jack of all trades | spirit of fire
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:32 PM   #2
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Name: Luke
Default Re: 20 Quotes by Famous People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Adolf Hitler.

“If someone wins without problems, that is just ‘victory’. But if someone wins after a lot of trouble, that is ‘history’.” – Adolf Hitler.

Umm...
First of all that first quote isn't even real (couldn't find enough about the second to come to a conclusion). Second, maybe don't be a nazi?

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Changed my username, used to be thedudejr
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 02:07 AM   #3
Seraph

Seraph's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojack View Post
Umm...
First of all that first quote isn't even real (couldn't find enough about the second to come to a conclusion). Second, maybe don't be a nazi?
I don't speak German, but my guess is that it's a translation of Hitler's speech to English.

Secondly, liking Hitler's quotes doesn't make you a Nazi just like liking cars doesn't make you a mechanic.

Old October 4th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #4
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

No, its literally just not something he said. Its usually misattributed to Gandhi, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say it either. Also, naw admiring hitler makes you a nazi

Open to talk about anything anytime. huge nerd/really into video games and music. bi-curious
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #5
Seraph

Seraph's Forum Picture

Quote:
No, its literally just not something he said. Its usually misattributed to Gandhi, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say it either. Also, naw admiring hitler makes you a nazi
Fine then, go online and find out who said that. I'll give you the credit.

Secondly, everyone has a light side and a dark side. I'm admiring Hitler's light side, which refers to his victories attained after his struggle, not the genocides he committed or whatever bad deeds he did.

Old October 4th, 2017, 01:33 PM   #6
bojack
Member++

bojack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Fine then, go online and find out who said that. I'll give you the credit.

Secondly, everyone has a light side and a dark side. I'm admiring Hitler's light side, which refers to his victories attained after his struggle, not the genocides he committed or whatever bad deeds he did.
Looks like no one actually said it, it was just made up. Also, naw. Being a fascist dictator bent on wiping out an entire people kinda strips you of any good qualities you may have had

Old October 4th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #7
Seraph

Seraph's Forum Picture

Quote:
Looks like no one actually said it, it was just made up. Also, naw. Being a fascist dictator bent on wiping out an entire people kinda strips you of any good qualities you may have had
Firstly, saying 'no one said it' is just like saying 'everyone said it', so I'm still considering this a quote by Hitler, Gandhi, and every other person who has changed the world through great effort.

Also, I disagree with you. Adolf Hitler may not have been really pure-hearted, but he was successful, there was a great host of people following him, and he had achieved that position through great effort, not by inheriting a kingdom from his father. He was well known for his speeches, and he was successful in life as well.

Also, you say that 'Being a fascist dictator bent on wiping out an entire people kinda strips you of any good qualities you may have had' -- does that mean all Americans are evil because they waged war against Native Americans and seized their lands? All British people are evil because they tried to tyrannically ruled hundreds of lesser kingdoms and peoples with no respect for their lives? How many people will you brand as 'evil' until entire of humanity is branded as evil.

Old October 5th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #8
NewLeafsFan
Great Poster

Name: Cedrick

I was sure that "Be the change you want to see if the world" was from Gandhi. Have we just been told that because it sounds better?

Canada / Sport Management (Hockey) Major / Straight / Left-Wing Progressive / 18 yrs old

Cedrick Desjardins
NewLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:40 PM   #9
Adarest

"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly." Andy Rooney
Adarest is offline   Reply With Quote