Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 139 13.43%
Atheism 312 30.14%
Buddhism 12 1.16%
Christianity (Please Specify) 412 39.81%
Hinduism 9 0.87%
Islam 33 3.19%
Judaism 17 1.64%
Wicca 17 1.64%
Other (Please Specify) 84 8.12%
Voters: 1035. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 1st, 2013, 11:30 PM   #3141
Capto
Great Poster

Capto's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperf View Post
by ruled, do you know what i mean? they didnt like take over ect, just, almost ever country's leader bowed to the church. At that stage in history, the law was barely existent, it was a ruthless time, and what the church and king said, was the law.
if the pope released a papal document, it was obeyed...
Facepalming so hard right now.

The law was existent. It was powerful. The law DOMINATED the medieval era, which, if you may note, is also called the FEUDAL era due to its reliance on the FEUDAL LEGAL system.

OF COURSE THEY BOWED TO THE CHURCH. But that DOES NOT mean that the Church controlled all their affairs.

In fact, the Church, the Holy See, and the Holy Inquisition were all at times dominated by foreign European powers with more influence than the actual Papacy and a goal in mind. See the Avignon Papacy, the Golden Bull, and the Saeculum Obscurum.

諸行無常
Capto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:17 AM   #3142
saea97
Member+

saea97's Forum Picture

Name: Samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot.12 View Post
i have to admit it must be easy to live that way but dont you feel kind of without a purpose...and as far as the bible i've seen how it works and if you do it right its amazing
"Having a purpose" tends to be irrelevant to most atheists. The reason I don't believe in God is because of the lack of (even a sliver of) evidence, not because I actively desire an easy life, as you imply, or because I don't want to have a purpose. I just think about it rationally.

17, male, gay, loves to talk.
saea97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM   #3143
JRwulf64

JRwulf64's Forum Picture

Name: Joey

Im catholic but im not one to judge others at all. I hate it when religion gets involved in things because its not really an arguing point. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you dont think that its right then just dont say anything...kinda like that whole if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. Religion shouldnt be butting in to issues in society today and vice-versa. No argument should contain the words "The bible says..." yes we know the bible says that but if someone chooses to believe something else then let them think that. Dont go all off on them because they dont share the same views as you. Diversity defines who we are. if everyone was the same perfect human being all sharing the same points of view what would be the point?

17 - C/O 2014
Love Lacrosse With All My Heart
JRwulf64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3144
Jasperf
Banned

Name: Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanKo View Post
I'm a Atheism and I don't believe anything.
Please explain The incorrupt bodies for me, for even scientist have had to give up on trying to work out why they haven't deteriorated.
Jasperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #3145
xxdrakeTxx
Junior Member+

xxdrakeTxx's Forum Picture

Name: drake

Im lavayen wich is a religion mix between atheism and satanism but i dont belive in hell or heaven satan is more like a mascot for my religion
xxdrakeTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #3146
RyanCrest

RyanCrest's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdrakeTxx View Post
Im lavayen wich is a religion mix between atheism and satanism but i dont belive in hell or heaven satan is more like a mascot for my religion
A mascot? Like Smokey the Bear?
RyanCrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3147
whatsgoinon53
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyur4 Th Ich View Post
One question that really has been on my mind...and other opinions.

First off, why do members of one faith criticize members of another? How can we know for sure that our faith is right?

I think that every major religion in the world holds a piece of the truth. If they all started acting in the manner they say they should, then maybe we could find the real truth.

Personally...I believe in a higher entity. Right now that idea is with belief in God. However, I don't label myself 'Christian' because I don't agree with some of the Christian beliefs. I agree with the beliefs of the Baptist denomination the most, though. I was raised Baptist. My mother was raised Catholic but at 17 broke away, my dad was raised Baptist.

I don't believe in the traditional fire and brimstone hell, though. I believe that if you die and your not worthy of God and the light, your soul stays here on Earth.

When it comes to the Islam world's anger at the Pope's statements, here's what I have to say:

1) The Pope quoted the writing that stated the Islam is violent and evil.
2) The Islam responds how? By violence!

so..yea...

What do you believe and why do you believe it?

I was raised as a baptist as well but I converted into the denomination called Church of Christ which is similar to Baptist with a few slight changes.

I know what you mean when you stated; how do we know that we are right? We don't, that's the thing. It's just what we believe that triggers us to defend our faith.

The Islam people definitely shouldn't have responded with violence. It was against what they believe to respond that way too.

16/M/Straight
Always up for a chat so PM me!!
whatsgoinon53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #3148
Korin

Korin's Forum Picture

Name: Colin

Agnostic Polytheism.
Korin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #3149
Micci

Name: Tianna

I was raised as a Christian, but I consider myself as agnostic for personal reasons.

Anyways, I don't know why the religions are so split up. From my knowledge of other religions, it seems like they're almost identical, but there are just a few similarities. I can only say this for the various branches of Christianity, though.

For the other religions, they all have a central God, they believe that their God loves them, they have certain things that their God doesn't want them to do and they have a certain idea of how their God looks. For Atheists, I guess you could assume that their God would be themselves.

I think religion is the way it is because we, as a race, can't stop arguing about the petty details of it.
Micci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #3150
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

Being raised in an extremely strict Jewish environment, and being only 13, I guess I'm Jewish. But I hate it. I don't see why I should have to wear skirts that go below my knees, and shirts below my elbows, and no pants or shorts. I had to do that until I was 12 years old. For only one year of my life I have been allowed to wear pants. The rest of the extremely small Jewish community near me are all jerks, I'm not saying ever Jew is, it's these specific people and their personalities. They entered their tiny Hebrew school in a contest on Facebook, and they hacked to get it to win, but they were kicked out. Stuff like that.

My personal beliefs are: Nothing. I don't believe anything. When you die, there's just nothing. But I admire those who can believe in something strongly, but they don't push it onto others, and they are good people. Like the Shaytards on youtube, they are Mormon but basically the best family ever. I don't classify myself as any religion. Or agnostic or atheist.

val
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3151
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen

I identify as Baha'i. Although, I'm sure I don't follow it straight to the books or anything.

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #3152
PeterPanMan

PeterPanMan's Forum Picture

I am a Disciple of Christ (Christian) and I believe there is a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I am not extremely religious, I am just the casual Christian you could say.

Jax for Michael Jackson; Blab because it's what I do best.
PeterPanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #3153
Bobbybobby99

I am pagan, and put wicca for accuracy of the poll. It does, however, offend me to a very,very limited extent that you put Wicca rather than Pagan. It was tempting to put other,but for accuracies sake I put Wiccan. As someone who worships the Greek gods, believes and personally interacts with demons, angels(and dislikes them heavily), and other spirits, uses Nordic runes in spell casting,and practices magic and threefold return (1/3 return is my interpretation, but anyways) Wicca isn't very accurate. More like Greco-satanistic Pagan with Wiccan and nordic influences. But yeah, still a nice poll

The guy who is Suicidal and really hates life, but still joined a Forum, for some reason.
Bobbybobby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #3154
Kameraden

Kameraden's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybobby99 View Post
I am pagan, and put wicca for accuracy of the poll. It does, however, offend me to a very,very limited extent that you put Wicca rather than Pagan. It was tempting to put other,but for accuracies sake I put Wiccan. As someone who worships the Greek gods, believes and personally interacts with demons, angels(and dislikes them heavily), and other spirits, uses Nordic runes in spell casting,and practices magic and threefold return (1/3 return is my interpretation, but anyways) Wicca isn't very accurate. More like Greco-satanistic Pagan with Wiccan and nordic influences. But yeah, still a nice poll
...Sorry. I can't hold my laughter. Please, tell me more about your encounters with Hades.
Kameraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #3155
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

EDIT:::: I think it's really cool that you are Pagan I have never met anyone who actually is

val

Last edited by Luminous; July 30th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #3156
Human
VT Lover

Human's Forum Picture

Please don't flame others for their beliefs or I'll have to stop the debate and lock the thread
Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #3157
irishmaniac2000

irishmaniac2000's Forum Picture

The thought of following a religion that some other human thought up is beyond my comprehension. take the time and think of your own beliefs. don't be a sheep. you habe a powerful mind for a reason.
irishmaniac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #3158
LouBerry
Awesome Poster

LouBerry's Forum Picture

Name: Elizabeth.

I'm a Christian, and I attend a Baptist church, but I guess my views are a bit too liberal to actually say I belong to a certain denomination.
LouBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:08 PM   #3159
Mayon
Junior Member+

Name: Hector

Well I have far to many thoughts on religion to write them up here so I will just do it like this:

The Good
Many people use religion to comfort themselves, provide reassurance etc from suicide and self harm. It also 'answered' some questions that we didn't/don't have the technology to prove with science.

The Bad
Because religion answered a lot of questions about the world and how we came to be here, this meant that very little science was done during those years. We are hundreds of years behind on a scientific front, if religion did not exist, we would be permanently striving to find out how an why we are here.

The Ugly

Millions of people have died at the hands of religion conflict and extremists - all motivated by who thinks they are right and that everyone else is wrong. I have never heard of an extremist athiest!

(Apologies for grammar & spelling, tiny laptop keyboards are not ideal for lots of writing!)

Last edited by Mayon; August 1st, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Mayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3160
Laquifa
Great Poster

Laquifa's Forum Picture

Name: Jay

I'm just agnostic.

Laquifa is offline   Reply With Quote