Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 15th, 2018, 08:30 PM   #1
Jericho14
Great Poster

Name: Jericho
Default Going to gym

Been thinking of going to gym but i'm kinda shy to do so (I've never done it by myself). Any tips for a first time gym goer?

15, Filipino guy living in Australia, Feel free to PM
Jericho14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 11:08 PM   #2
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Going to gym

I would say definitely take it slow. No one is gonna judge you or make fun of you for going to the gym, so don’t feel shy or embarrassed. Look up a routine and figure out what exactly your goals will be in terms of fitness. Do you want to lose weight? Gain weight? Get big? Aesthetics? Strength? What exactly are your fitness goals? I’d say figure that out, find a routine that fits you online, and start off light.

Also, be sure to stay hydrated and have a good meal and good nights rest beforehand. If you’re lifting and can’t finish a set, or feel the weight is too heavy, don’t feel ashamed to have to bring it down and go lighter. No one starts out benching or squatting hundreds of pounds, or running a mile in 7 minutes! Remember this and you’ll be fine.

Also! Don’t be afraid to ask for help or tips from someone that looks more experienced, but always be cautious when taking advice. Some people get a bit egotistical when talking about their gains, and others have poor technique that makes them look like their lifting a lot when they actually aren’t.

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:24 PM   #3
Harrier
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Going to gym

Idk why you are shy tbh. Have you ever lifted in gym at school? If so, it's not much different imo. The only thing I would be shy or intimidated with is asking a stranger to sot me when using heavy free weights. However at most gyms they have machines as well as free weights so I would just use that instead. One gym I went to with a couple friends there was some weird body builder who would always say to us "you're doing that a little wrong, I can show you, or you can tell me to fuck off" We always told him to fuck off, but not mean like that lol. Just go and do your work. If you meet nice people even better, but tbh I never speak to anybody at my gym unless I am in the basketball court or pool.
Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote