Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1
screamtobeheard
Great Poster

screamtobeheard's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda
Default Eating disorders and immune systems.

I don't know if anyone will read this or not, but I just want to throw this out there for anyone who thinks they want an eating disorder, or who is in the beginning stages of one.

My entire life, I was that kid who literally never got sick. I was incredibly healthy, physically at least. But about two years ago, I started starving myself and developing other eating disordered habits as well, sand suddenly, I wasn't so healthy anymore. I got the swine flu. I got throat infections. I got ear infections. I got sinus infections. I got colds. I got croup. I got stomach viruses. And I got sick all the time. My iron was always low. I was always tired and fatigued. I couldn't give blood anymore because I wasn't healthy enough. I was passing out. My health just went downhill. Why? Because my body wasn't getting the nutrients it needed. I killed my immune system with an eating disorder, and if I could go back and reverse it, I would in a heartbeat.

I eat a little more now (I'm still "recovering"), and I've gained a lot of weight back. But my immune system is still shot. I'm still sick all the time. In fact, I was inspired to tell you about this because of the illness I'm suffering through right now. My throat is so sore that I can't swallow without flinching, and I have a terrible cough.

What I want you all to get out of this is that it isn't worth it. There are a million reasons why you do not want to get an eating disorder, and this is only one of them. If you think you're developing one, please seek help. Good luck and stay strong, loves.
screamtobeheard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #2
ganeshagro

Default Re: Eating disorders and immune systems.

Start taking meals in a timely regular intervals. Eat in little quantity & have fruits, green vegetables, juice. You will be recovered but will take some time.
ganeshagro is offline   Reply With Quote