Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #1
sarah newman
Member++

Name: sarah
Default Eat and eat and eat

So I have a binge eating disorder.

I eat and eat and eat. I eat when I'm full. I eat when i feel sick of food. I eat when I'm hungry. I think about food all the time.

I eat because I'm under a lot of stress, with exams, with my background, with my feelings.

What can I do? My new years resolution is to stop binge eating but at this rate I don't think I can..

...People try and seek help...
..I have given up trying..
..im controlling my lovely sharp razor..
...while theres to much blood...
..comin out of my skin..
.and still no one notices.
..how much pain im going through..
...so i still lay there all alone...
sarah newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #2
coolkid007

coolkid007's Forum Picture

Name: Amir
Default Re: Eat and eat and eat

Instead of eating chips and other things try to eat fruits it helps. I am not trying to act like I know what your going through but I know somethings that can help.
coolkid007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Anselmo
Member++

I have the same problem... I'm always eating and i don't get fat, and that annoys me so much.

Stop eating will not solve that, i tried and failed many times...

My mom stopped buying cookies and stuff like that and now i'm not hungry so often... but when she buys, i eat them all, so it won't make you eat less, but it will make you eat less frequently

Last edited by Anselmo; December 21st, 2011 at 04:42 PM.
Anselmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #4
sarah newman
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I have the same problem... I'm always eating and i don't get fat, and that annoys me so much.

Stop eating will not solve that, i tried and failed many times...

My mom stopped buying cookies and stuff like that and now i'm not hungry so often... but when she buys, i eat them all, so it won't make you eat less, but it will make you eat less frequently
I'm fat and that's what annoys me.
I would get mum to stop buying it but my brother and dad love stuff like that and she buys it for them but I just eat it anyway

..comin out of my skin..
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Anselmo
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah newman View Post
my brother and dad love stuff like that and she buys it for them but I just eat it anyway
Your mom could lock them

Old December 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #6
sarah newman
Member++

She threatens to do that, but she never does

..comin out of my skin..
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Anselmo
Member++

try to find cookies like this http://www.portuguesefood.com/acatal...Biscuits_.html

they're good, don't have as much carbs as regular cookies, and you won't need to eat your brother and dad's cookies...

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #8
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

Had a majorly good answer to this and accidentally closed the tab. Anger.

I might not have binge eating disorder, but I used to binge and purge in a cycle (which wasn't good), but now I just binge. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be anymore.

The main advice I can give you is to remember to forgive yourself. For everything. For every mistake you've ever made, because everyone does, it's what makes us human. Forgive yourself for every binge. You won't feel as bad about yourself that way, which might reduce the urges to binge.

Try not to expect yourself to completely stop in the new year. With almost everything, it's so hard to give something up cold turkey. Instead, just try and cut back progressively.

Maybe plan your meals? Try not to get obsessive about it though, because if you're already using food as a coping mechanism, you might develop another ED.

Distract yourself. Whenever you have the urge to binge on something, go for a walk instead. Go on the internet, call a friend, play a game, whatever. Do something else. Eat when you're hungry, obviously, but any eating that you think would be classed as a binge, do something else.

I know you probably don't want to do this, but I think telling someone would be really helpful. It's hard enough to overcome this in the first place, and to do it alone just adds extra stress to it.

Good luck.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #9
Amaryllis
Awesome Poster

Amaryllis's Forum Picture

Name: Z

Sarah, you need to try to search for the underlying reasons. Why? How did it all come about? Do you suffer from a lot of anxiety? Depression? Are you lonely? Too much work? Stressed? Are you angry? Are you trying to fill a void?

Identify the underlying and find other ways of coping without hurting yourself. Here are some tips:

FEELING SAD
-Talk to someone who cheers you up
-Read, watch, look at something funny
-Do something you enjoy doing
-Sleep
-Have some nice alone time with yourself, reading, showering, listening to music

STRESSED
-Take a break from the source of stress e.g. studying or homework, take a break. Pressure from friends or parents, avoid them for a while and do whatever you want.
-Listen to music or read a book
-Write in a journal and just gush out all your worries and anxiety
-If you have a pet, play with it
-Find something you love to do or something that requires a lot of concentration and do it
-Play an instrument

ANGER
-Beat the crap out of a pillow
-Tear pieces of paper
-Dance
-Run
-Take deep breaths and count backwards, slowly from 10
-Take a shower
-Sleep

Good luck.

"Never test the depth of water with both feet." - Some dude whose name I cannot remember
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #10
antiabort
Member++

antiabort's Forum Picture

Name: John

Exercise to balance it out, I was slowly but surely gaining while being a couch potato and eating all day. But Once I started exercising I stopped gaining and still eat just as much.
antiabort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM   #11
sarah newman
Member++

Quote:
try to find cookies like this http://www.portuguesefood.com/acatal...Biscuits_.html

they're good, don't have as much carbs ar regular cookies, and you won't need to eat your brother and dad's cookies...
Thank you, I will have a look at the link and try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiamay View Post
Had a majorly good answer to this and accidentally closed the tab. Anger.

I might not have binge eating disorder, but I used to binge and purge in a cycle (which wasn't good), but now I just binge. It's nowhere near as bad as it used to be anymore.

The main advice I can give you is to remember to forgive yourself. For everything. For every mistake you've ever made, because everyone does, it's what makes us human. Forgive yourself for every binge. You won't feel as bad about yourself that way, which might reduce the urges to binge.

Try not to expect yourself to completely stop in the new year. With almost everything, it's so hard to give something up cold turkey. Instead, just try and cut back progressively.

Maybe plan your meals? Try not to get obsessive about it though, because if you're already using food as a coping mechanism, you might develop another ED.

Distract yourself. Whenever you have the urge to binge on something, go for a walk instead. Go on the internet, call a friend, play a game, whatever. Do something else. Eat when you're hungry, obviously, but any eating that you think would be classed as a binge, do something else.

I know you probably don't want to do this, but I think telling someone would be really helpful. It's hard enough to overcome this in the first place, and to do it alone just adds extra stress to it.

Good luck.
Well I could plan my meals, that might help. I will try and distract myself, write a journal of my feelings maybe? Thank you(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
Sarah, you need to try to search for the underlying reasons. Why? How did it all come about? Do you suffer from a lot of anxiety? Depression? Are you lonely? Too much work? Stressed? Are you angry? Are you trying to fill a void?

Identify the underlying and find other ways of coping without hurting yourself. Here are some tips:

FEELING SAD
-Talk to someone who cheers you up
-Read, watch, look at something funny
-Do something you enjoy doing
-Sleep
-Have some nice alone time with yourself, reading, showering, listening to music

STRESSED
-Take a break from the source of stress e.g. studying or homework, take a break. Pressure from friends or parents, avoid them for a while and do whatever you want.
-Listen to music or read a book
-Write in a journal and just gush out all your worries and anxiety
-If you have a pet, play with it
-Find something you love to do or something that requires a lot of concentration and do it
-Play an instrument

ANGER
-Beat the crap out of a pillow
-Tear pieces of paper
-Dance
-Run
-Take deep breaths and count backwards, slowly from 10
-Take a shower
-Sleep

Good luck.
I suffer from anxiety and depression. I get stresse with exams and I have had a horrible past.
Thank you for the tips, I will try them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiabort View Post
Exercise to balance it out, I was slowly but surely gaining while being a couch potato and eating all day. But Once I started exercising I stopped gaining and still eat just as much.
I did exercise last year once a day near enough. I made me feel better after a while and I lost weight but then my depression kicked in and it went downhill from there. But I will try and do some exercise again, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid007 View Post
Instead of eating chips and other things try to eat fruits it helps. I am not trying to act like I know what your going through but I know somethings that can help.
Okay, I'll try and eat healthier, thank you.

Please do not post more than once consecutively, use the multi-quote button- Fiction

..comin out of my skin..

Last edited by Fiction; December 21st, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM   #12
anubisgodofdead
Banned

Name: Anubis

Try doing something else other than eating when you get hungry try finding something else to do with your time instead of eating
anubisgodofdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM   #13
Anselmo
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah newman View Post
Thank you, I will have a look at the link and try them out.
The link is just an example of the type of cookies, the cookies there have more than 450 Kcal per 100 grams.... try to find in your local supermarket cookies like these, but low in carbs.
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM   #14
sarah newman
Member++

Quote:
The link is just an example of the type of cookies, the cookies there have more than 450 Kcal per 100 grams.... try to find in your local supermarket cookies like these, but low in carbs.
Okay thanks

..comin out of my skin..