Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 17th, 2018, 01:14 AM   #1
Harrier
Awesome Poster

Default Age gap when dating

It seems that a lot of HS girls date college guys. Maybe not "a lot" but more than HS guys dating college girls. Trying to figure out why. Then why it's considered appropriate.

1. Your gender:
2. Your age:
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages?
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4?
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date?
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what?
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not?
8. Anything you wanna add?
Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 01:25 AM   #2
nebula

nebula's Forum Picture

Name: shanie
Default Re: Age gap when dating

1. Your gender: female
2. Your age: 17
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? 5 years, I was 14 and he was 19
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? No, that’s why we broke up
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? For guys 17-19. For girls, 15-18.
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? By this time, most people have matured enough to be able to understand long-term personal relationships and have a good shot at committing to them.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? Kinda, I think as long as it’s consensual and they’re both under or over the age of consent I think it’s better than one under/one over. Even if they wanted sex, I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone under the age of consent, I’m just not like that
8. Anything you wanna add? Age gaps can work imo, you just need to be on the same page with your partner.

nebula ~ help and advice moderator

“i wouldn’t be who i’d be without you”

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:17 AM   #3
Harrier
Awesome Poster

@nebula that's a big age gap. If you dont mind, how did you meet and did you have stuff in common? Did both of your parents know and were ok with it or not? You said you didn't have sex, were you waiting till you were ready, or waiting till you were legal at 16? Or would you have always been illegal cuz it was 5 year gap?
Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:39 PM   #4
BlackParadePixie
VT Lover

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

I've never dated anyone that old.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:49 PM   #5
nebula

nebula's Forum Picture

Name: shanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
@nebula that's a big age gap. If you dont mind, how did you meet and did you have stuff in common? Did both of your parents know and were ok with it or not? You said you didn't have sex, were you waiting till you were ready, or waiting till you were legal at 16? Or would you have always been illegal cuz it was 5 year gap?
It kinda just came about because I knew his brother who was the same age as me, we had gaming in common (that was about it...) so we bonded a lot over that as we played he same types of games. I was a secretive kid, and I didn’t really tell them anything, my mum met him once but that was that and they didn’t really speak.

I knew I wasn’t ready at all for anything, but we definitely weren’t on the same page with that - from that experience I say that large age gaps can work if there is a lot of communication and you’re on the same page. When you reach the age of consent there’s still a little patch of moral grey area since I would be over 16 but under 18.

nebula ~ help and advice moderator

“i wouldn’t be who i’d be without you”

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2018, 10:09 AM   #6
Melton

Melton's Forum Picture

Name: Tom

1. Your gender: Male
2. Your age: 16
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? 1 year, I was youngest
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? Nope, waiting for a loyal relationship first.
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? The youngest I’d date would be 15, 14 at a push, and the oldest would be 17, maybe 18.
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? Both emotional and physical attractions are major must haves for me, but I go for these ages mainly cos they’re within my range and hopefully they’re old enough and mature enough to know what they’re doing.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? Yeah, I just find it weird when people have sex and they’re too young.
8. Anything you wanna add? Not really.

Last edited by Melton; May 28th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.
Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2018, 05:46 PM   #7
BleedingKansas

1. Your gender: male
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? 1 1/2 years (I was older)
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? no
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? 14 - 19
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? yeah, romantic attraction basically
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? of course
8. Anything you wanna add? nope
BleedingKansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2018, 06:23 PM   #8
bmac03

bmac03's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon

I have never dated anyone before but, a personal rule for me is I will only date someone who is my age or a year older, I may change but even for now I wouldn’t be ready to date someone.
bmac03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2018, 06:50 PM   #9
kinet

1. Your gender: female
2. Your age: 14
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? almost 2 years. He was 16 and I was 14
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? yes
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? youngest; 14 oldest: 16 probably
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? I like the closeness in age but someone very much younger than me just doesn't appeal to me.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? I mean, not if it's a 17 year old and an 18 year old but those laws are there for a very important reason.
kinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2018, 08:08 AM   #10
Katie2003
Nice Poster

Name: Katelynn

1. Your gender: Female
2. Your age: just turned 15
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? She was 18 and I was 14
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? Yes multiple times
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? 19 oldest (I haven't, but would) and 13 youngest
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? I would have to have either emotional or physical attraction or both.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? When dating other girls, no. When dating boys, if I were sexually active with a BF, then yes
8. Anything you wanna add? Widely different ages, especially for a girl in her early teens with someone a lot older (like 20 or over), isn't a good idea.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 06:11 PM   #11
isa_bella340

isa_bella340's Forum Picture

Name: Isabella

1. Your gender:female
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages?the guy was older. I was 15, he was 18
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4?im a virgin
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? youngest- 16 oldest-18
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? usually just an attraction to the person. not the age
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not?yes, even though I'm a virgin
8. Anything you wanna add?i don't think so

henlo!!!
im Isabella!! im 16 and I'm very social!PM me if you want! I love PMs! go ahead!Pop me a random question or just say hi! Or even go check out my profile picture album! {If your responding to me in a thread, please quote me }

isa_bella340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2018, 09:37 AM   #12
KellyLooney

KellyLooney's Forum Picture

Name: Kelly

1. Your gender: F
2. Your age: 15
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? My boyfriend right now is my first (and i hope last xD) But he's almost 3 years older than me. Hes 17, I'm 15 right now.
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? I'm virgin.
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? 15-18??
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? It really depends on the person actually.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? Kinda..?
8. Anything you wanna add? Nupe ^^
KellyLooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 06:05 AM   #13
plasmaspirit
Banned

Name: J.

1. Your gender: male
2. Your age:
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages?
not really dated but had a more than fwb relationship (range me 14 vs her 19)
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4?
yes
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date?
possibly up to 21 it would look awkward if the person looks significantly older
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what?
Sexual experience and maturity also financial independence (I'm pretty affluent so I would like an SO who can match my lifestyle)
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not?
our age of consent is like 12 year old can sometimes 11 is even enough so its not a big deal here
8. Anything you wanna add?
I think if you come into a relationship with for reasons you are comfortable with (like goals and limits) you shouldn't feel remorseful or even be judged. people mature at different states so if we shouldn't be bound to specific convention. Plus, if you think you can handle yourself against an abusive relationship thats fine. I think I'm pretty lucky though that I have the means to get out of a bad situation thats why its worked for me.
plasmaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2018, 11:57 PM   #14
nathanlee
Junior Member+

nathanlee's Forum Picture

Teenage girls always liked older guys, almost everytime
nathanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 11:33 AM   #15
MagicGinnySurprise

Name: Ginny

1. Your gender:female
2. Your age: 13
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? My current bf is 17, so not counting hookups that's the biggest
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? Regularly and repeatedly lol
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? Youngest probably a year or two younger than me, oldest would be mid-20s. But my bf and I are going on two years now so I don't think I'll have to make the decision again.
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? It's hard for me to be emotionally involved with guys younger than me, or even most guys my age or a few years older. I think there's a real maturity gap, a lot of boys my age just annoy me...sorry guys.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? I think they're unbelievably stupid in the US. The age of consent should be no more than 12 or 13 like it is in Europe.
8. Anything you wanna add? Not really
MagicGinnySurprise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:53 PM   #16
Zachary G
VT Lover

Zachary G's Forum Picture

Name: zacahary

1. Your gender: M
2. Your age: 18
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? I was 14 and he was 23
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? Yes
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? oldest 27, youngest 14
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? Emotional and physical attraction
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? Yes and No
8. Anything you wanna add? I never quite understood age of consent laws to begin with.Whats the purpose of having them is one party (the older) can still get in trouble?

18/ M/ Gay/ nudist
Talk to or ask me about anything, anytime and I will reply.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." - FDR
Zachary G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 06:35 PM   #17
Jordan99
Nice Poster

Jordan99's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

My BF is older than I am by two years. We started dating when I was 15 and he was 17. Once he started college I was still in high school so, there was a time when I was dating a college guy while I was still in HS. Now, we're each in college but obviously he'll graduate before I will. The two year age gap wasn't really an issue for either of us or our parents. I think the age gap issue becomes less of an issue as we all get older. I mean, it would be weird for a 16 year old HS Sophomore to date a 14 year old middle school girl but, it's certainly not a big deal for a HS senior to date a HS sophomore and, like I said, as we get older the age gap becomes less and less an issue.
Jordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 09:18 PM   #18
NameUser

1. Your gender: Male
2. Your age: 18
3. The biggest age difference in someone you dated: and who was older, what were the ages? My first girlfriend was 17 when I was 14.5. My second and current girlfriend is 19, and I'm 18. So I'm one of those rare guys that dated a college student while in high school (although we met in high school, so it doesn't really count, and I'm heading off to college this fall anyway).
4. Did you have sex with the person in #4? No, not yet.
5. At your current age, what is the oldest and youngest age you would currently date? I wouldn't date anyone younger than 16, and probably no one older than 20.
6. Why would you date that age? Is it emotional attraction? Physical attraction? Or what? It's a matter of feeling emotionally similar to that person. I feel awkward when I'm not at a similar maturity level as my partner.
7. Do you care about age of sexual consent laws or not? Yes, it's not worth the risk before 16.
8. Anything you wanna add? Dating older girls can be difficult. It's meant I've had to hide both of them from my parents (they won't let me date older, but it sadly worked out that people I liked were older). Sometimes I feel disconnected, as I still feel like a child and my girl feels like an adult. But at the same time, having someone more mature than you to rely on is a great thing. Guys need someone to emotionally ground them too, not just girls.
NameUser is offline   Reply With Quote