Yes 10 35.71%
No 18 64.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #61
Prince Jellyfish
Member+

Prince Jellyfish's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religious discussion

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of you guys hate me over what I believe, or rather do not believe, so adding this forum would be nothing but a polarizing force.
Prince Jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #62
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalbeagle View Post
I think that last night we saw the perfect reason of why this forum is not ready, nor will it ever be, ready for a religious forum
Don't say never. Things change over time.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #63
Sugaree
Friend of the Devil

Sugaree's Forum Picture

Name: Matty

Well the way thing are going I don't think that this forum is ready. I mean most members have very strong views which of course cause fights, in this case religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter.Tomorrow View Post
Hello again VirtualTeen. you blackhole.

No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has
Amused itself to death
Last.FM
Sugaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM   #64
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Yeah but things can change in the future.

Old March 26th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #65
Mzor203
VT Lover

Name: Rex

I'm not really sure how things could change in the future, seeing as nothing really changed in the past. More people have chosen atheism, but the number of religious people far outweighs the number of the non-religious. Whenever someone believes strongly in something and someone contradicts their beliefs, of course they are going to argue. A forum like this could be pulled off if the rules there were strongly enforced and any fighting/flaming that happened would have action taken against it. As I said before, if you are sure you're going to freak out about something someone says in the religion forum, either stay out of it or keep it to yourself. Simple.
Mzor203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #66
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Well in the future there will be more active members and therefore better chance for more religious diversity, which is needed to keep such a forum afloat.

Old March 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #67
Mzor203
VT Lover

Ah, so what you were saying is that to have a forum like that we would need more in it than just a bunch of christians and atheists fighting over if god exists or not? You've got a point there. A religious forum would get pretty old and repetitive pretty quickly like that.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #68
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam

But if we do create it then it could possibly draw more religious active members to this site. I've seen sights with thousands of members that were solely based on religion and by having a religious forum maybe it'll attract more religious teens or even those who are at crossroads with their religion and would really want insight. If this forum is created we could have a sticky about the major types of religion which gives them all the basic details of it. Then we would have to make a sticky for the rules and like mentioned before just have it heavily enforced. Pretty much the only reason why you guys are saying no is because the fights that will occur, with all due respect if that's all your gonna say then to me its not good enough an excuse because there is a lot of good that can come from the forum and who cares if one or two people have an attitude about it.

This forum was created to help teens and the biggest part of our lives is religion no matter what we follow. We need to be taught all aspects of different types of religion so that we can be more informed and make more intelligent decisions. The fight that happened last night was between 2 members it wasn't an all out site war just two and it was handled and dealt with quickly. We do have mature members on this site who do respect other people's views and also there are immature members who don't, well why not use last night as an example that we need a way to better inform our members and teach them to respect others views and what better way than to have a forum where we can put our beliefs in our viewpoints and build up a better understanding of how we feel. You can't just toss this idea aside or sweep it under the rug because your scared of fights you have to be willing to take that risk and help us to be better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #69
Prince Jellyfish
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWing_T View Post
But if we do create it then it could possibly draw more religious active members to this site. I've seen sights with thousands of members that were solely based on religion and by having a religious forum maybe it'll attract more religious teens or even those who are at crossroads with their religion and would really want insight. If this forum is created we could have a sticky about the major types of religion which gives them all the basic details of it. Then we would have to make a sticky for the rules and like mentioned before just have it heavily enforced. Pretty much the only reason why you guys are saying no is because the fights that will occur, with all due respect if that's all your gonna say then to me its not good enough an excuse because there is a lot of good that can come from the forum and who cares if one or two people have an attitude about it.

This forum was created to help teens and the biggest part of our lives is religion no matter what we follow. We need to be taught all aspects of different types of religion so that we can be more informed and make more intelligent decisions. The fight that happened last night was between 2 members it wasn't an all out site war just two and it was handled and dealt with quickly. We do have mature members on this site who do respect other people's views and also there are immature members who don't, well why not use last night as an example that we need a way to better inform our members and teach them to respect others views and what better way than to have a forum where we can put our beliefs in our viewpoints and build up a better understanding of how we feel. You can't just toss this idea aside or sweep it under the rug because your scared of fights you have to be willing to take that risk and help us to be better.
Why not just go to an exclusively relgious forum for that? There are literally hundreds, if not more, of them out there.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #70
The Batman
Banned

No, because there is no other site like VirtualTeen simple as that.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #71
Mzor203
VT Lover

Why not go to a forum exclusively for puberty? Or for technology? Or for artwork and creative writing? Because you have to register over and over and over again. If everything is in one place, it is much more handy and helpful for everyone.

And as said before, religion and spirituality can be a big part of teen life, and other forums aren't always specifically meant for teens.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #72
Prince Jellyfish
Member+

Ok, thanks, guys.
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #73
Sugaree
Friend of the Devil

Sugaree's Forum Picture

Name: Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzor View Post
Why not go to a forum exclusively for puberty? Or for technology? Or for artwork and creative writing?
Just look on the forums called PUBERTY 101 and THE ART ROOM and possibly TECH JUNKIES PARADISE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter.Tomorrow View Post
Hello again VirtualTeen. you blackhole.

No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has
Amused itself to death
Last.FM
Sugaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #74
DouggyO.o
The Forgotten One

DouggyO.o's Forum Picture

Name: Doug

I think he means a whole forum not just 1 section out of tones.
DouggyO.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #75
Techno Monster
Jump into the river.

Techno Monster's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

No just no no no no no no no no no... fights all over the place if you want a religious online place than find another forum for it.
Techno Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #76
Mzor203
VT Lover

Quote:
Just look on the forums called PUBERTY 101 and THE ART ROOM and possibly TECH JUNKIES PARADISE.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Why waste your timelooking for other forums when you could just go to them on VT. (I wasn't being stupid, I was giving a point to Prince Jellyfish)
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #77
The Batman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
No just no no no no no no no no no... fights all over the place if you want a religious online place than find another forum for it.
I read some of your other post and you like to take pictures right? How would you like it if someone told you to take them to some other forum? If you don't have anything more constructive to say why your against it then don't post it.

We have a very active thread right now in ROTW that contains no fights at all which proves that this site can handle a religious forum.
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #78
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWing_T View Post
I read some of your other post and you like to take pictures right? How would you like it if someone told you to take them to some other forum? If you don't have anything more constructive to say why your against it then don't post it.

We have a very active thread right now in ROTW that contains no fights at all which proves that this site can handle a religious forum.
Thomas, she's entitled to give her opinion. Its not your place to tell people what they can or can't post.

Religious discussion is going on in the debate forum as you said, therefore it can still be discussed on this site. The only difference is that its not in a dedicated forum.

70% of members that have voted are against the idea. In order for a new forum to be created there has to be overwhelming support for it and approval by administration.

Old March 29th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #79
IfPiratesCouldFly

I'm mostly against this because we can talk about this in rambling of the wise much less than having a general forum/subforum for it. So yeah no to that :/
IfPiratesCouldFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #80
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Don't you think that this would be a good discussion in the 'Religion' sticky in Ramblings of the Wise?
I don't think so, because it would be in tense grounds. There may be fights/bashings/disputes when all people want to do is celebrate and talk about their faith. The sticky may also be bogged down by one religion that is very popular and other religions wouldn't feel welcome.

A religious forum may behave the same way. It may be bogged down by certain religions and others don't feel welcome. A place to celebrate or discuss faith is very personal and the admins/VT may not want to offend or be that personal.

Plus, the moderators may or may not have to do more work; there could (and just saying could) be people talking about their bias, or asking and challenging why there's a teen sexuality forum and how it should be removed.

The point is, by adding any forum besides a diary to the forum, that changes the face of the forum and how people see it. Not saying religion is bad or anything, just saying that it's a little personal.

For any new forum idea not supported, always try asking for a diary of your own where you can share your ideas. You can have it themed any way you want!
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote