Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #1
guitarro

guitarro's Forum Picture

Default I think there should be a new rule/forum

people come to this forum for help. I've been trying to help people by giving people information and all i get are pissed off drug enthusiasts telling me im wrong and its ok to use. In my opinion, if someone is coming to this forum looking for help because they are trapped in addiction or are having trouble with drugs, i dont think this glorification helps them. people are coming here for help, not encouragement to keep doing drugs. I think there should be a rule banning any positive opinions on drugs in this forum. Positives about drugs give addicts destroying their lives a chance to keep at it. Now what is this forum accomplishing in that case? I think there should be a different forum for drug enthusiasts like the ones i've been arguing with lately.
Old January 4th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture

Default Re: I think there should be a new rule/forum

that is a very reasonable suggestion. At VT, we DO NOT condole drug use. I happen to use drugs myself, but in no way do I reflect it on this site. I understand your concern, and I will try and keep a fresh eye for people who violate these terms of services. Warnings are given to members before any bannings happen though.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old January 4th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #3
Break the Cage
Member++

Break the Cage's Forum Picture

HAHAHAHAHA
oh my god. You have got to be fucking joking, banning all positive mention of drugs? Wow so you just want completely one sided info? Why not give the user both aspects and let them decide, doesn't that seem fair??
If people need help with drugs, they ask and people give it. We don't run around shouting 'DO DRUGS!!!11lol' we just put right some of your extremely false anti-drug statements, which is fair enough I don't think you should lie to people.
There is one drugs forum, which gives information, good and bad, as long as its true.
Old January 4th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #4
guitarro

guitarro's Forum Picture

and addict is addicted to drugs, they like drugs. why are you gonna give them reason to like them more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nCrunch View Post
You're 16 and you think you're helping people with your ridiculously misinformed drug views? I've been doing drugs for a while and I can honestly give information on each drug I've abused. Some of them I regret taking and *some I think are wonderful*.

I don't have a problem with your mission from God to save people from the torment of drugs, but I do have a problem when you over-zealously present this bullshit info.

You're not helping people when you ignore everyone telling you you're wrong.
(i added the stars)things like that can trigger an addict, and im sure there are more posts on this forum promoting the goodness of being high. like the thread about how marijuanna feels, is full of em. When you say anything positive about drugs, gives the addict more of a chance to use again. "Well they are right it does feel great, maybe ill do it in moderation" and that will bring them in and out of using more and less. that is just one case scenerio. and if you think im lying about anything, this has nothing to do with this, that is something else, quit trying to stir shit up.
Old January 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #5
Bobby
Legendary Member

Bobby's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby

Quote:
2. Advocation of opinions - You should not, advocate your opinion, as better than or more worthy than anothers, in terms of the use of drugs. For example "Do drugs" will not be tolerated, nor will "dont do drugs". That is suggesting outright for someone to change their behaviour, which will not be tolerated.
That is from the "Rules and Regulations" announcment. So what you are doing isn't exactly right. I've not been sure what to do about your postings but I realize that you have to stop. If you want to express your anti-drug thoughts and opinions go to the debate forum, or make an anti-drug diary (when your qualified)

I myself admit that this rule should be enforced better, and I will try my best to do that.

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #6
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture

theres a difference between showwing a posotive side and supporting drug use publicly. We could get in a lot of trouble if we did that.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #7
Physicist
Banned

Physicist's Forum Picture

Guitarro, since you have come here, you seem to have made yourself at home in this forum. I mean in the last week there's probably at least seven new topics by you that are all saying basically the same thing. I think you just need to chill out with all of this and stop trying to accomplish this mission on Virtual Teen... especially in such a hostile manner. If you would like though, open up a topic in the debate forum... just remember to be nice .
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #8
guitarro

guitarro's Forum Picture

Well im just trying to help. lately my life has consisted of attending NA daily, and they reccommended find a drug self help forum and help people out. They say it builds character which i evedentilly lost during my use. its actually part of my recovery. Im not just going around being an asshole, im actually trying to help myself to in a way. i feel like every time i help an addict get sober, im doing a pretty darn good deed. so that would pretty much explain my strong approach lately. so out of of decency, i think helping improve this forum would be a great thing.

and fly, i like what you said before how you will closely monitor these situations of glorification. all this will do will help the addicts that come to this site for help.

Last edited by Bobby; January 4th, 2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #9
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

Doesn't it strike you as odd that you are the only one who's having problems with these "drug enthusiasts???" Everybody, except one mod, disagrees with you.

I am a drug enthusiast. I use, and I use reponsibly. If somebody needs help with an addiction, I can certainly help. I have dealth with and prevented addictions with myself in the past, so why couldn't I help other people?
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:36 AM   #10
guitarro

guitarro's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nCrunch View Post
Doesn't it strike you as odd that you are the only one who's having problems with these "drug enthusiasts???" Everybody, except one mod, disagrees with you.

I am a drug enthusiast. I use, and I use reponsibly. If somebody needs help with an addiction, I can certainly help. I have dealth with and prevented addictions with myself in the past, so why couldn't I help other people?
-the fact that you are a drug enthusiast and the fact that you are using controlled drug use will tell an addict who is looking for help a chance to OD, people take information in different ways. For instance maybe a heroin user came to this site and sees that people are using in a controlled manner, then they might think if they do heroin once i week and it wont be that bad. and then they OD. what you just said further proves my point, saying things like that lead people looking for help in the wrong direction. if you guys don't want to help honestly fuck this forum it brings more destruction. regardless of your opinions on drugs, the fact of the matter is that some people are coming here in life or death situations, and even if some negative drug information is bias, hopefully they will be lead down the right path. this is a self help forum, and it comes up on google if you are looking for self help forums. so put urself in someone elses shoes, regardless of you opinion, if ur not in peril someone else might be.
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:07 AM   #11
Physicist
Banned

Physicist's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarro View Post
-the fact that you are a drug enthusiast and the fact that you are using controlled drug use will tell an addict who is looking for help a chance to OD, people take information in different ways. For instance maybe a heroin user came to this site and sees that people are using in a controlled manner, then they might think if they do heroin once i week and it wont be that bad. and then they OD. what you just said further proves my point, saying things like that lead people looking for help in the wrong direction. if you guys don't want to help honestly fuck this forum it brings more destruction. regardless of your opinions on drugs, the fact of the matter is that some people are coming here in life or death situations, and even if some negative drug information is bias, hopefully they will be lead down the right path. this is a self help forum, and it comes up on google if you are looking for self help forums. so put urself in someone elses shoes, regardless of you opinion, if ur not in peril someone else might be.
The fact that I quit partly due to your posts is proof that what you are doing is helpful. Yes, you helped me quit, and I appreciate that. But this forum is NOT a drug self help forum. It's for the discussion (both good and bad) of drugs and meds. But it's just one forum on a whole site. I think you may just have found a different site than what you thought when you found it on Google. Sorry.
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #12
Skhorpion
Awesome Poster

Wtf is this? The only thing I've seen from guitarro in this forum is false information and flaming. I have yet to see anyone condole drug use. Please lock this thread.

All is fair in love and war.
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:19 AM   #13
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

If somebody comes to the forum with a heroin addiction, I'm not going to tell him/her to use it in fucking moderation! If they're asking for help, I'll give them my advice on how they should go about quitting.

And, honestly, I don't think I've come across anyone in this forum who is in a life or death situation. In that case, you should be calling friends, law enforcement, or parents, not be on an online forum, which can take almost a day to receive replies.
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #14
Break the Cage
Member++

Break the Cage's Forum Picture

Look, we have to mention the ups and downs of drugs, e.g. they are fun, yet potentially harmful and addictive. If someone reads that, its up to them whether they choose to use drugs or not, its their choice not yours as you seem to think. Unless false information is given (this should be corrected/removed) then I really don't see a problem. Your just trying to blind everyone with your propaganda, you just go on and on about how bad drugs are completely ignoring that most of your information is wrong.
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #15
Bobby
Legendary Member

Bobby's Forum Picture

Name: Bobby

This is my final word. If you want to debate about drugs go to the debate forum.

There will be no thread stating "don't do drugs!!!!" or "everybody do drugs"

If you want to discuss drugs in a proper manner, go ahead, make a thread. Not a thread supporting drugs, but discussing them.

If you have a problem relating to drugs, or want to quit, make a thread asking for help. But not a thread discourageing drugs.

I'm locking this, and the issue is done.

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Closed Thread