Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 11th, 2019, 05:43 PM   #1
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Aladdin movie. Really?

*sigh* Okay, it can be good, maybe great, or it might bomb, doesn't matter. But what's up with all these recent live action versions of Disney movies lately? Is this really necessary? Wasn't the originals good enough?
About Aladdin, I'm sure Will Smith will do a decent job as the genie, but he's no match against the animated one with Robin William's voice. Sorry, Willy.
I sincerely wonder when they're gonna leave Disney classics alone and try to be creative again.

What's your opinion?

"Eating vegan food is like eating vegetables all day, and that's not very appetizing."

-Eddie, Masterchef Junior.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #2
RattleHead
Awesome Poster

RattleHead's Forum Picture

Name: Eli.
Default Re: Aladdin movie. Really?

Didn't you hear? the mouse want douh, and he's gonna get the douh. honestly disney's greed is sickening to me at this point.

the place where you ask RattleHead questions, and he answers them.

On more than one occasion this album had my adrenaline going. But really, if I want adrenaline I'll masturbate with my bedroom door open while my parents are home. -RedMisanthrope
RattleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:54 PM   #3
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
Didn't you hear? the mouse want douh, and he's gonna get the douh. honestly disney's greed is sickening to me at this point.
"It's all 'bout the money, it's all 'bout the dun dun do do do dumb....."

"Eating vegan food is like eating vegetables all day, and that's not very appetizing."

Old February 11th, 2019, 06:31 PM   #4
karacoustic
Nice Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
"It's all 'bout the money, it's all 'bout the dun dun do do do dumb....."
lol pretty much

Yea and now i guess they are pulling stuff off Netflix and starting their own streaming service??

Feel free to pop in at Kara's Korner and soak up some positive vibes.

Last edited by karacoustic; February 11th, 2019 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Typo
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 08:38 PM   #5
Miss Equestrian

Just like everyone has said, it is all about the $$$$$. The problem is the creativity is going downhill so they have to pull old ideas out of the vault and make them live action. Don't really know what I think about this. I mean I enjoyed some things about Beauty and the Beast like The Evermore song song by The Beast and the performance by Josh Gad of LeFou, but it was not the animated version.
Miss Equestrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 03:18 AM   #6
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
lol pretty much

Yea and now i guess they are pulling stuff off Netflix and starting their own streaming service??
It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Equestrian View Post
Just like everyone has said, it is all about the $$$$$. The problem is the creativity is going downhill so they have to pull old ideas out of the vault and make them live action. Don't really know what I think about this. I mean I enjoyed some things about Beauty and the Beast like The Evermore song song by The Beast and the performance by Josh Gad of LeFou, but it was not the animated version.
Yeah they're definitely out of ideas, seems like we live in the remake ages.
I'm not hating, and it could turn out good for all I know, but I always roll my eyes when someone is remaking a movie that was good enough to begin with.

Old February 12th, 2019, 04:18 AM   #7
Lionsden04
Member+

Lionsden04's Forum Picture

Name: Chris

I can see them doing more, while they can be good, looking forward to seeing the lion king, they should start making new ones and leaving the olds ones alone
Lionsden04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 04:22 AM   #8
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsden04 View Post
I can see them doing more, while they can be good, looking forward to seeing the lion king, they should start making new ones and leaving the olds ones alone
Yeah, it doesn't have to be groundbreaking original, since I'm sure that's pretty much impossible by now, but any movie that isn't a remake or reboot of something else would be welcome, even predictable ones.

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:11 AM   #9
Miss Equestrian

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Yeah they're definitely out of ideas, seems like we live in the remake ages.
I'm not hating, and it could turn out good for all I know, but I always roll my eyes when someone is remaking a movie that was good enough to begin with.
Exactly, why do you have to mess with a classic. The same goes with Beauty and the Beast animation. I'm certainly not saying the Emma Watson version was horrible because it was not, but it really was not needed.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:14 AM   #10
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Exactly, why do you have to mess with a classic. The same goes with Beauty and the Beast animation. I'm certainly not saying the Emma Watson version was horrible because it was not, but it really was not needed.
Yeah it seems lazy to me. I'm sure they all did and will do a good job, but like you say, they're unnecessary.

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:22 AM   #11
SpaceyCayce
Great Poster

SpaceyCayce's Forum Picture

Name: Cayce

I’m looking forward to seeing it, even though I agree that it’s pretty needless and is coming off as Disney being greedy (go figure)

I know Will Smith is a huge star and all but I’m just having the feeling it will be a letdown after both Robin Williams, and the guy who did the part on stage (I’ve seen video, and that guy is really good)

I'd far rather be happy than right any day -Douglas Adams

16 - F - flag spinner, saber tosser, prop dancer
feel free to PM
SpaceyCayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:23 AM   #12
Miss Equestrian

Quote:
Yeah it seems lazy to me. I'm sure they all did and will do a good job, but like you say, they're unnecessary.
It is being lazy. If they really wanted they could come up with new ideas and new animated movies. That is what they are suppose to do.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:24 AM   #13
InternetTeen
Awesome Poster

Location: With my parents who live with me who live next to my neighbours house who live next to my house

Wasn't there a Lion King one? Disney was good when they made the cartoons like Beauty and the beast and Cinderella.
InternetTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:27 AM   #14
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
It is being lazy. If they really wanted they could come up with new ideas and new animated movies. That is what they are suppose to do.
Yeah that would be a lot better. They're just taking old classics and drown them in CGI.

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:33 AM   #15
Miss Equestrian

Quote:
Yeah that would be a lot better. They're just taking old classics and drown them in CGI.
Exactly, I am also getting tried of seeing sequels like The Incredibles, Toy Story again which I love but they need to give us something new. Moana was great.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:35 AM   #16
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Exactly, I am also getting tried of seeing sequels like The Incredibles, Toy Story again which I love but they need to give us something new. Moana was great.
Yeah, I think one or 2 sequels are okay, but when there's a bunch of them it gets tiresome. The James Bond movies are the only ones which are still great despite of a truckload of sequels.

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:39 AM   #17
Miss Equestrian

Quote:
Yeah, I think one or 2 sequels are okay, but when there's a bunch of them it gets tiresome. The James Bond movies are the only ones which are still great despite of a truckload of sequels.
You are correct. Like Wreck It Ralph sequel was OK because it was the first one. Toy Story is the 4th One and although I am excited to see it because I love Toy Story and the characters I hope this is it.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:43 AM   #18
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
You are correct. Like Wreck It Ralph sequel was OK because it was the first one. Toy Story is the 4th One and although I am excited to see it because I love Toy Story and the characters I hope this is it.
Yeah, I haven't seen the Wreck it Ralph movies, but I've seen 3 Toy Stories and 3 Ice Age movies, they were great, but I'm always getting skeptical when they make another sequel.

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:48 AM   #19
Miss Equestrian

I did not see the sequel to Wreck It Ralph yet. The only Toy Story movie that I though was just mediocre was the 2nd one. The 3rd One where Andy grows up and goes off to college I loved and of course I loved the 1st one. I have unfortunately only seen the 1st Ice Age movie. I get skeptical as well especially when they say it is going right to DVD. Lately they have not been doing that though.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:55 AM   #20
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
I did not see the sequel to Wreck It Ralph yet. The only Toy Story movie that I though was just mediocre was the 2nd one. The 3rd One where Andy grows up and goes off to college I loved and of course I loved the 1st one. I have unfortunately only seen the 1st Ice Age movie. I get skeptical as well especially when they say it is going right to DVD. Lately they have not been doing that though.
I can recommend Ice Age 2 and 3, I actually like them better than the first one, and that doesn't happen often. But yeah, usually it's a warning sign when a movie goes straight to DVD.