Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 27th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1
ErykaInspire.
Awesome Poster

ErykaInspire.'s Forum Picture

Name: Eryka
Default Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Nightmares;

Ever since my anxiety has started getting worse, I've been having horrible nightmares. Normally I'm not the type of person to even have a dream, I just sleep and wake up. My nightmares started out with the average 'Me getting killed' scenario. Once I had a panic attack (I have agoraphobia, I'm terrified of being alone in a public place; for me in particular.. Stores.) in the mall, my boyfriend had left my side and I didn't know where he went, my nightmares turned into really vivid/graphic scenarios where I died.
Last night I woke up screaming, mostly in pain, but also in fear. I had a nightmare where I was about 8months pregnant and had a miscarriage.. What the doctors did was sucked everything right out of me (If you've seen the beginning of 'Orphan', you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.). My abdomen had an incredibly sharp pain and I couldn't stop whimpering and shaking. My boyfriend woke up and tried to calm me down but I was in physical pain.
I eventually fell asleep again.. but I woke up 3 hours later by my boyfriend shaking me. I was whimpering and had by face buried in my hands.
I don't know if the anxiety, panic attacks and nightmares are linked together somehow.. but all three are escalating simultaneously and I don't know what to do about it.
A few things that you should know... I've been to therapy, counselors, and doctors. I've been on medications. I've once conquered my anxiety and felt comfortable walking around Walmart by myself. That lasted until I had a panic attack at the mall. Ever since it's only gotten harder for me. It's making me very antisocial and depressed. I've noticed that I've secluded myself as much as possible.
Which.. again.. I don't understand. I'm afraid of being alone yet I push everyone away.
I just don't get it..

☾I hold the stars between my lips.☆
When I speak, make a wish.

add,msg,talk.
I'm here to help(:
-ErykaInspire.
{ℒℴvℯℓυtιℴηαrч}
ErykaInspire. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Mr. Smithers
Banned

Name: August
Default Re: Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Nightmares;

The fact that you almost got over the anxiety in the past should give you some hope.

Don't know if you are still on medication, or on therapy, but I really hope that you get better. Either by realizing that you can overcome this, or by whatever other safe method.

About the nightmares, my guess is that you are watching frightening movies before you go to bed. Because in your dream, you mentioned a scene in a scary movie. Nightmares usually come from looking at those kinds of things before you sleep. Also eating a lot of junk food right before bed can cause them as well.

Last edited by Mr. Smithers; February 27th, 2010 at 09:20 PM.
Mr. Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #3
ErykaInspire.
Awesome Poster

I'm off medication and I no longer go to get help.

I watch scary movies all the time, but i've had a sleeping disorder for awhile now. Nightmare being included with it.

I don't eat junk food either..

My hope for getting over anxiety is, of course, there.. but there's also that doubt that just doesn't go away.

add,msg,talk.
I'm here to help(:
-ErykaInspire.
{ℒℴvℯℓυtιℴηαrч}
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #4
Antares
Legendary Member+Mod

Antares's Forum Picture

TWPR Mental Crisis

~Laura was here~
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #5
BuryYourFlame
Awesome Poster

BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture

Has anything changed in your daily routine etc. that could have sparked something like this? These things rarely come back on their own accord, there is almost always a reason.

Declan
6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #6
ErykaInspire.
Awesome Poster

My relationship with Dale has changed in a negative way..
That's the absolute only thing I can think of, But idky that would trigger all of this.

add,msg,talk.
I'm here to help(:
-ErykaInspire.
{ℒℴvℯℓυtιℴηαrч}
Old February 28th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #7
Asylum
Banned

Name: Songl

definately no scary movies before sleep... watch somethign happy... try tellign yourself before you go to sleep i will have a good dream tonight. also look up lucid dreaming you can change those nightmares and be abl to control hwat you are doing so you defeat whatever is killing you off. if you need help i can help you with that.
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote