Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 29th, 2018, 03:51 AM   #1
the_power_slave
Nice Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.
Default help?

so um, for a while now i've been over eating, um just every now and then little by little, but its bilt up over time you see? and, and now its like, i cant control myself even though my mom said she'd start tellin people the next time i did it, i did it anyway and now i feel like shit but i don't really know what to do so i thourght, that maybe some one here on VT knows of some like, coping mechanisms i could use or somethin? idk
the_power_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2018, 10:52 PM   #2
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Re: help?

Firstly , no offence but your Mom's reaction isn't really helpful here I'd say.

And also most importantly. What would the cause for your overeating be? How did it start and what do you try to compensate with it? Is it a coping mechanism for something else? If so you have to think about how to solve this problem first.

To give tips for coping mechanisms isn't easy since what works for me doesn't necessarily have ever to work for others and even if I could give you some tips I am not sure whether replacing one coping mechanism with another is really helpful to solve the real problems behind.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2018, 10:45 PM   #3
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

your overeating is a coping mechanism. what's been going on in your life lately? any added stress? pressure to do certain things? find out what's bothering you and try to solve that issue.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2018, 10:49 PM   #4
amazmain
Junior Member+

This might sound weird but trust me. Go a day without eating. Just occupy yourself doing other things, try and get atleast some physical activity and don’t eat anything for one day. It truly does adjust your hunger and believe it or not, you tend to be less hungry moving forward.
amazmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2018, 11:26 PM   #5
Ellia
Member+

Ellia's Forum Picture

I had this issue as well, I cut sugar out nearly completely from my diet and I have lost a lot of weight. Sugar is like a drug, it raises levels of dopamine and seratonin just like drugs, you become tolerant to the effects and you need more and more to get the same satisfaction. You need stop eating sugar and go through a short withdrawal phase like you would with any other drug, once you have it out of your system, you find that your cravings will become non existant and you have a new found love for fruits. They will taste like candy, your taste receptors on your tongue will become much more sensitive again. Please do not try to go a day without eating like the user above suggested, this can lead to a massive binge.

Here is a video I suggest you watch about how bad sugar is.

Sugar The Bitter Truth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

This video is so insightful, you will learn so much.
Ellia is offline   Reply With Quote