Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 6th, 2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Rraven

Default Breakdown when I hear the word dad

Ok so my dad isn't dead or anything but I haven't seen him in a few years because we had a fight about me wanting to change my last name and he got mad and yadda yadda yadda. Anyway I don't really talk to him unless it's a holiday or something of the sort and I asked him to send me my music box a few weeks ago and it finally came in the mail a few days ago so ever since anytime I see or hear the word dad or father I completely break down crying because you know I miss my dad and usually when I'm sad I can listen to sad songs and just cry my feeling out but I can't do that and I don't know why. I don't cry when I hear sad songs or read sad stories the only time I can cry is when I hear or see the word dad and I just thought that was odd. I don't know why I can't cry unless I'm triggered by the word dad, does this sort of thing happen to anyone else? Is my mind broken or something?
Rraven is offline   Reply With Quote