Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 10th, 2018, 08:24 AM   #1
SkittlesC

Default What's so bad about middle school?

I don't understand.
SkittlesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:51 AM   #2
Alex_Swim
Member++

Alex_Swim's Forum Picture

Name: Alex
Default Re: What's so bad about middle school?

Didn't really have a middle school, when to UpperSchool 6-12

6th did 3 days at lower school 1st half of year and 2 days at upper school, then over Winter break it switched to 3 in upper school, and two in lower school.

But I liked going to the UpperSchool while the rules were different was much better, more freedom, changed classes, got to hang out with other guys.
Alex_Swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:15 AM   #3
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

the phase i went through was pretty bad

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Phosphene
Word Shaker

Phosphene's Forum Picture

Depends on who you ask, I guess. Everyone's experience going through middle school is different. Mine was nothing special and turned very bad very quickly; I knew everyone in my classes except a knew guy who came in and creeped the shit out of me and most other people, had a bad first relationship, and started having severe anxiety attacks that often sent me home.The schoolwork was the easiest part of it 😂

"The question is, what color will everything be at that moment when I come for you? What will the sky be saying?" ~Death, from The Book Thief
The Treasure Trove 🦄 Probe My Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Phosphene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:50 AM   #5
BlackParadePixie
VT Lover

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

I don't think it's so much about school itself...it's the changes that people are going through. Most kids are just starting or have recently started going through puberty once they are in middle school. Along with that comes all sorts of worry, confusion, uncertainty about your body, feelings, hormones, etc. Things might happen or change with your body or attitude that your friends or other kids might not understand...this is where alot of teasing and bullying starts.

Also, (this is how it went for me anyways) you go from being in one class all day long...to suddenly having 6 or 7 different classes each day...so you meet alot of new people. You might start to spend more time with new friends and less time with old friends. Sometimes this can cause old friendships to undergo stress and changes.

Then there's all the things that generally i think most middle schoolers start to get introduced to... sex, drinking, drugs. Maybe not actually DOING these things...but possibly hearing about them more or hearing stories or rumors about kids who did try one or more of them. This adds alot of curiosity, maybe even temptation and... PEER PRESSURE.

18 - f - Wes Anderson fan - proud Italian-American - future UCLA Bruin

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:13 AM   #6
Katie2003
Nice Poster

Name: Katelynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
I don't think it's so much about school itself...it's the changes that people are going through. Most kids are just starting or have recently started going through puberty once they are in middle school. Along with that comes all sorts of worry, confusion, uncertainty about your body, feelings, hormones, etc. Things might happen or change with your body or attitude that your friends or other kids might not understand...this is where alot of teasing and bullying starts.

Also, (this is how it went for me anyways) you go from being in one class all day long...to suddenly having 6 or 7 different classes each day...so you meet alot of new people. You might start to spend more time with new friends and less time with old friends. Sometimes this can cause old friendships to undergo stress and changes.

Then there's all the things that generally i think most middle schoolers start to get introduced to... sex, drinking, drugs. Maybe not actually DOING these things...but possibly hearing about them more or hearing stories or rumors about kids who did try one or more of them. This adds alot of curiosity, maybe even temptation and... PEER PRESSURE.
All of those things, and also the first time that gym or swimming class for everyone is mandatory, with being naked in the locker rooms and showers for the first time in front of other kids. Most don't have any issues with it, but some are very modest or somehow feel embarrassed about their body or about being naked.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #7
HeyCameron
Member+

HeyCameron's Forum Picture

Name: Cameron

It's when puberty starts for most, which can be a tumultuous time. I'll be honest: middle school was mostly a big nothing for me. But that may be because I was a late bloomer. I didn't really start puberty until high school, so in middle school I basically still an "innocent" kid who was more concerned with video games and hanging out at friends' houses than with all the drama. All that "middle school is hell" stuff escaped me.

The worst thing for me was my size: being so short and skinny meant that I did get a few comments from people that were a bit hurtful, especially when it came to P.E. because I was never very good at any of the sports we played. The bigger guys just thought I was a weakling. But that was a pretty minor thing to complain about.

I spent a year suspended in air
My mind on the gap, my head on the stairs
HeyCameron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:31 PM   #8
thatrandomguy01

Name: Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyCameron View Post
It's when puberty starts for most, which can be a tumultuous time. I'll be honest: middle school was mostly a big nothing for me. But that may be because I was a late bloomer. I didn't really start puberty until high school, so in middle school I basically still an "innocent" kid who was more concerned with video games and hanging out at friends' houses than with all the drama. All that "middle school is hell" stuff escaped me.

The worst thing for me was my size: being so short and skinny meant that I did get a few comments from people that were a bit hurtful, especially when it came to P.E. because I was never very good at any of the sports we played. The bigger guys just thought I was a weakling. But that was a pretty minor thing to complain about.
This is somewhat thee case with me. I was always short and thin, but not super skinny. I went to junior high and was mostly "eh" for me as well. I had a few people try and pick on me because I was short and not that good at sports either. I still hung out with friends playing video games and having sleepovers too. I did't know what puberty was when I started it so I was pretty "innocent" in that regard, but my guess is that I started when I was around 12 and went through it fine and at a normal pace.
thatrandomguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 11:54 PM   #9
Gvanni

Gvanni's Forum Picture

Name: Giovanni

People act weird including yourself.

whats poppin
Gvanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 08:14 PM   #10
Croconaw
Water Type

Croconaw's Forum Picture

Middle school was seriously the worst experience of my life. It was non-stop bullying every single day, and it even carried into cyber bullying. The teacher were bullies, too. Everyone has this superiority complex where they have to be better than everyone else and they think bullying will make them cooler. It doesnt, and it makes them look like the complete assholes they are. I hated middle school. I would never go back to that prison. Everyone got joy out of making my life a living hell. I was so glad to have transferred school districts at the start of high school.

Los Angeles Kings Fan Los Angeles Dodgers Fan
Proud Liberal Democrat Pro-Choice
Croconaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:19 PM   #11
TheAP

TheAP's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

I liked middle school better than high school. There were some stressful times, but there were more happy moments than in high school, when I became severely stressed in social situations.

19/autistic/asexual/INFP
"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it."
TheAP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:28 PM   #12
bmac03

bmac03's Forum Picture

Name: Brandon

This was my last year in middle school (Grade 7-9) and I loved it, there was some difficult times but when is there not going to be. Overall I enjoyed the change in school routine and meeting new people.

Hi Im Brandon, PM anytime and we will chat!🙂
bmac03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM   #13
ChefBuckeye

Name: Caleb

Middle school is usually the time where you go through the biggest transition of your life along with others being part of your journey. Puberty. Coming with puberty comes the hormones, middle school can be a picky fight so there is a lot more bullying compared to elementary or high school. If you do experience any bullying in middle school, just know your not alone, a teacher or adult will always side with you, and that by the time high school comes up it is then either already finished and gone or starting to dissipate (high school is more of an about your individual self, and you focus more on that rather than others).
ChefBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote