Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 18th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #21
HumbleMuffin
Junior Member+

Default Re: **The Big Sexuality Sticky - This WILL Answer Your Question!**

I've heard a different definition of gender queer- That it's a blanket term for anyone who fits outside of binary gender roles. Your current definition sounds more like agendered to me.
You might include bigendered too. Could put this as a synonym for androgynous, I guess.

You could include GSM as a synonym for LGBT too. (Gender and Sexual Minorities)

Otherwise, good list!
HumbleMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Bleex

B-Curious
Bleex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:55 PM   #23
WalkingOnDisaster
Banned

Name: Shawna

Wow. I'm considered asexual? I always identified as straight/heterosexual. I'm kind of weird...
WalkingOnDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #24
Twilly F. Sniper
Awesome Poster

Twilly F. Sniper's Forum Picture

Name: Rick "Twilight Sparkle" Mundy

According to that: I could possibly be pansexual?

"Nothing personal mate, I'm just better."- Rick Mundy
"...My little ponies, you opened up my eyes!..."- Twilight Sparkle
My Little Forum: Everything is Magic.
I'd love it if my my mates visited MY forum...
Twilly F. Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #25
norcaldude18
Member+

You might be straight if;

-You have a sexual attraction to girls
-You have an emotional attraction to girls
-You can see yourself waking up next to a girl
-You can see yourself having a family/house/life with a girl
-You can see yourself doing things with a girl
-You can see yourself being in a committed relationship with a girl
-You can see yourself proposing to and marrying a girl

I have to disagree with this this statement completely. There are a lot of gay people who are in denial and haven't accepted the fact that they are gay. When they are in denial, they imagine having a wife, kids and a house. They see themselves waking up next to a girl in the morning and eventually proposing because they want to be normal.

Honestly, the most important thing to remember for those who are questioning their sexuality is that it is mainly dependent on what you want in the long run. Many scientists will argue that sexuality is not a decision, you are born with it. This may be true to an extent but it's important to realize that it is your life and you have to do what makes you happy. It is you in the relationship, you doing the things with another person. It's all about who you love, trust and feel comfortable with. So in that regard, sexuality is your choice. As a teenager, it's incredibly normal to be turned on by sex in general. No matter what it is; gay sex, straight sex, lesbian sex, oral sex, anal sex, vaginal sex any kind of sex, is sex. So it is reasonable to conclude that sex in general is what turns most people on.

I also have to disagree with what you say here. Sexuality is definitely not a choice. What someone wants in the long run does not determine their sexuality. I feel like this statement gives teens questioning their sexuality false hope IMHO. Say a guy is starting puberty and he begins to notice he is turned on by guys a lot more than girls. He tells himself it's just hormones and he pretends he is straight. Say he is now 25, and still in denial. He deep down knows he is gay but he fights it and tries to convince himself he is straight because all of his friends and family members are very homophobic. He decides he is going to marry a girl and have kids because that's what is "normal". He is married to her for 30 years, and was never able to feel what true love is like. What you're saying is that he is considered straight since he decided how his life was going to play out, even though he wasn't truly happy?
norcaldude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM   #26
Drew dReaMS

Drew dReaMS's Forum Picture

Name: mark
Default Am I bi?

[edit: deleted]

Last edited by Drew dReaMS; January 22nd, 2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: dont want it on the internet
Drew dReaMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:37 PM   #27
ImCoolBeans
Retired Administrator

ImCoolBeans's Forum Picture

Name: Mike
Default Re: Am I bi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew dReaMS View Post
Okay I LOVE my girlfriend with all I am. I love her emotionally AND physically. But a few times i've uh... lets just say i put something up my..yeah anyway. and I sorta liked it. i dont like guys other than just friends and i could never kiss a guy or anything. but i dont know SOMETIMES like very rarely a male part turns me on, i have no clue why. please dont make fun of me i just need help :c
Sexual curiosity is very common in teens, especially while puberty is taking place. Puberty triggers a mass amount of hormones to be produced and pumped throughout your body, making you much more sexually excitable and will sometimes trigger you to do things sexually that you wouldn't normally be aroused by. What you described does not make you gay -- especially since you have a girlfriend who I assume you're attracted towards both emotionally and physically -- and since you are not always turned on by males. My two cents is that you sometimes may be inclined to experiment anally or get aroused by other males due to arousal levels and hormones working with each other. A lot of guys your age, as well as a little older and younger, go through this. I believe that most, or if not most a large number of guys have these same experimental curiosities and feelings but do not have an outlet to discuss it or don't feel confident enough/comfortable enough with their sexualities to say anything about it. You're not alone here, a lot of people on this forum have gone through or are going through this also.

Always here to help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

Machines Are Taking Over
-Ron
-and also Beth, with Max too
Contact me at [email protected]
Jon was here
"The Goderator" Worshiper
*Ali*-
Officially blessed by Elysium, The Goderator
ImCoolBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM   #28
Drew dReaMS

Drew dReaMS's Forum Picture

Name: mark
Default Re: Am I bi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolBeans View Post
Sexual curiosity is very common in teens, especially while puberty is taking place. Puberty triggers a mass amount of hormones to be produced and pumped throughout your body, making you much more sexually excitable and will sometimes trigger you to do things sexually that you wouldn't normally be aroused by. What you described does not make you gay -- especially since you have a girlfriend who I assume you're attracted towards both emotionally and physically -- and since you are not always turned on by males. My two cents is that you sometimes may be inclined to experiment anally or get aroused by other males due to arousal levels and hormones working with each other. A lot of guys your age, as well as a little older and younger, go through this. I believe that most, or if not most a large number of guys have these same experimental curiosities and feelings but do not have an outlet to discuss it or don't feel confident enough/comfortable enough with their sexualities to say anything about it. You're not alone here, a lot of people on this forum have gone through or are going through this also.
Thank you so much. I'm so glad to know I'm not alone..

Now watch me thrust this KNIFE CALLED LUST Into my chest untill it BUSTS
Hollywood Undead
"Knife Called Lust"
Drew dReaMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:00 AM   #29
DimkaD

Name: Dim

Sorry if it's stupid question but what difference between "bi" and "curious"?
DimkaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #30
Ben4ever
Member+

Name: Ben Ruffles

What about Bi-Gender people?

No matter what you may be dealing with I want you to know that You Are Not Alone
I'm 19, GAY as a rainbow,love to have weird conversations, I'm from south Louisiana
Ben4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #31
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod

DerBear's Forum Picture

Name: Derri

I never said this but really good job on the sticky, I know its been up for a long-time but it's the first time me reading it from cover to cover and its really well written.

Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM   #32
slimboy1997

"Bi-curious- One who is physically attracted to the same sex and emotionally and physically attracted to the opposite sex but unsure of their orientation. People who are bi-curious are interested in both sexes, but this does not necessarily make them bi-sexual. Bi-curiosity be a phase or a short interest about experimenting with either sex."

This definition AND thread REALLY REALLY helped me clarify alot of things!!!!
slimboy1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #33
remi

Name: Remi

I have a recommendation for the terms - GSM, which stands for Gender/Sexual Minorities. It's a term that is more inclusive towards all non-hetero non-cis people, not just lesbian gay bisexual and transgender.

This was mentioned before but it's always relevant
remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #34
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Nothing about is Asexuals as usual. Must be there aren't enough of us

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:08 AM   #35
Nick M
Member+

Nick M's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

I am home schooled so it is really hard to meet friends. I have a few friends but they are against any guy that even thinks about other guys. I think I'm bi but it's really tough to accept it. And I don't think I can ever tell my mom, especially my dad. They are against gays and bisexuals too. I'm in such a tough position. I consider myself curious since I have never been with another boy but I REALLY want to see what it's like. I wish I knew how to meet someone that wants to do the same thing so we can experiment but I can't cuz I'm home schooled. What should I do to meet a friend like that? I'm 15 by the way.

Bi
Gamer
Die-hard Miami Heat fan for life.
Old Username: Venom1
Feel free to PM me, I'm open to talk about anything.
My dog, Roxy:
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #36
SawyerSauce
Member+

Name: Sawyer

Could I maybe add that there is a difference in romantic attraction and sexual attraction?

Romantic attraction is attraction you have to someone romantically. You want to have a relationship with them, you want to fall in love, you have those butterfly feelings or get all giggly when you think about them. Those are examples of romantic attraction.

Sexual attraction is attraction you have to someone sexually. You want to have some sort of sexual relationship with them, you find their body or personality sexually stimulating, you become sexually aroused by them.

Romantic attraction can differ from sexual attraction but often does not. Romantic attraction can be experienced without sexual attraction (an asexual for example). Sexual attraction can be experienced without romantic attraction (much more common, like casual sex or just looking at someone you think has a nice body but do not like them romantically). The same prefixes for romantic attraction exist as for sexual attraction:

Heteroromantic- find people of the opposite gender or sex romantically attractive
Homoromantic- find people of the same gender or sex romantically attractive
Biromantic- find two genders or sexes of people (most often male and female but can be other types) romantically attractive
Polyromantic- find multiple genders or sexes of people romantically attractive
Panromantic- find all genders or sexes of people romantically attractive
aromantic- find no one romantically attractive

Romantic orientation is important when it differs from sexual orientation.
Common example: An asexual that is heteroromantic. Most people assume asexual also means aromantic, but that is not true.

I just thought this might be helpful because when I found out about romantic attraction things made sense for me. I identified as pansexual when I am actually panromantic asexual. Helped me a lot Hope it helps someone else.

Last edited by SawyerSauce; October 28th, 2013 at 02:25 PM.
SawyerSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #37
Gifford
Banned

Name: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_ni2012 View Post
(excuse me if some my sentences R grammatically wrong , I'm italian , I'm suk in english)
I like girls & think about have s*x with them , i think about some sweet boys who 2 or 3 years younger than me ( u should know I'm not pedophil )
and think about naked look , I like & enjoy to see pen*s of sweet guys & s*ck it & oldmans who R older than 50 ,
I'm so so so sorry I thinking this isnt normal , I'm deppresed , plz plz help me
You're fine, there is no reason to feel guilty for any of your feelings. You said you want to have sex with girls, I've had sex with girls. You fantasize about sweet boys and parts of their bodies and I do too. Yes, I've had sex with 3 girls and it was great, but I don't emotionally love girls. Guys really turn me on and I love the male body. I'm 16 & I prefer guys 13 and up, in their teens. But I have had sex with older guys also. I already knew them and was friends with them, and it was a great experience. They know so much! I learned to improve my technique. It's not their body I make love to, it's who they are and their spirit that turns me on. I may not do it again, I don't know. Teen boys are the BEST!!

Please don't be depressed. Write me any time. I can't PM yet, but see what other ways there are to contact me. I love helping people, and helping someone learn to become more comfortable with themselves is something I really like to do. I've been there and come out the other side a very happy guy. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcaldude18 View Post
You might be straight if;

-You have a sexual attraction to girls
-You have an emotional attraction to girls
-You can see yourself waking up next to a girl
-You can see yourself having a family/house/life with a girl
-You can see yourself doing things with a girl
-You can see yourself being in a committed relationship with a girl
-You can see yourself proposing to and marrying a girl

I have to disagree with this this statement completely. There are a lot of gay people who are in denial and haven't accepted the fact that they are gay. When they are in denial, they imagine having a wife, kids and a house. They see themselves waking up next to a girl in the morning and eventually proposing because they want to be normal.

Honestly, the most important thing to remember for those who are questioning their sexuality is that it is mainly dependent on what you want in the long run. Many scientists will argue that sexuality is not a decision, you are born with it. This may be true to an extent but it's important to realize that it is your life and you have to do what makes you happy. It is you in the relationship, you doing the things with another person. It's all about who you love, trust and feel comfortable with. So in that regard, sexuality is your choice. As a teenager, it's incredibly normal to be turned on by sex in general. No matter what it is; gay sex, straight sex, lesbian sex, oral sex, anal sex, vaginal sex any kind of sex, is sex. So it is reasonable to conclude that sex in general is what turns most people on.

I also have to disagree with what you say here. Sexuality is definitely not a choice. What someone wants in the long run does not determine their sexuality. I feel like this statement gives teens questioning their sexuality false hope IMHO. Say a guy is starting puberty and he begins to notice he is turned on by guys a lot more than girls. He tells himself it's just hormones and he pretends he is straight. Say he is now 25, and still in denial. He deep down knows he is gay but he fights it and tries to convince himself he is straight because all of his friends and family members are very homophobic. He decides he is going to marry a girl and have kids because that's what is "normal". He is married to her for 30 years, and was never able to feel what true love is like. What you're saying is that he is considered straight since he decided how his life was going to play out, even though he wasn't truly happy?
Overall I agree with you, especially the last paragraph above. How sad to spend your whole life going thru the motions of acting like you're str8 when you're not. You do, in time, I'm sure, come to love your wife and maybe you're able to have a sex life with her; but in your heart-of-hearts, deep down to the marrow in your bones, you're really not attracted to women, you're attracted to men. Oh, I'm sure you're glad to have had your kids and the "family life" you have, but you've never been truly emotionally happy. Gays can have kids, whether by adoption or by using a surrogate. In my view a man who chooses to live a lie has wasted his life. He has never been true to himself out of fear. That's what it comes down to. How sad.

Posts merged. ~Elysium

Last edited by Elysium; December 26th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #38
JollyToes
Banned

Name: James

Very good post. Made me even more curious abt being bi.
JollyToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:54 AM   #39
AlexOnToast
Banned

AlexOnToast's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan3 View Post
I'm straight but sometimes i am attracted to younger people that i imagine are hairless or have very little hair
Hmmm I'm not sure how to answer this....How old are you?
AlexOnToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #40
Shailene
Banned

Name: Shailene

useful info
Shailene is offline   Reply With Quote