Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 28th, 2019, 04:06 PM   #1
domino

Name: Dominic
Default Presentation Anxiety

How do you guys feel about giving presentations in school? For me, it's one of the worst things. Usually, I just either don't do the work, or I don't show up to school that day at all. Last time I tried to give a presentation, I trembled and tripped over my words at every step of the way, and it was super embarrassing and very, very anxiety provoking.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 04:22 PM   #2
sailor mars
Global Moderator

sailor mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Presentation Anxiety

I don’t show it because I speak clearly and am very conscious of how many “um”s and “uh”s I say, but I get super nervous when presenting. My hands will shake and I’ll break a cold sweat and a pit in my stomach opens up. Honestly, it gets better the more you do it and how much you’ve rehearsed/practiced/researched what you’re presenting on. Or, like what I do, just say “fuck it, it doesn’t matter if I fuck up or not”

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
sailor mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 05:43 PM   #3
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

I'm good with it, sure I'm a bit nervous, but those are "good" nerves, if that makes any sense. However, the few times I've performed it's been with the class or at least a few more people, I have no idea of how I would feel if it was just me on the stage. xD

"Hang in there" is the last thing you should be saying to a suicidal person.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2019, 10:51 PM   #4
karacoustic
Awesome Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

Ahhhh!!! I know the feeling! I would not say anxiety, but so nervous that i get the shakes. My friends say thay do not notice though. Like @Pultost, most of them have been group presentations so that helps. Might sound silly but i practice in front of the mirror.
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2019, 12:09 AM   #5
arnorway
Awesome Poster

arnorway's Forum Picture

Name: arne

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
How do you guys feel about giving presentations in school? For me, it's one of the worst things. Usually, I just either don't do the work, or I don't show up to school that day at all. Last time I tried to give a presentation, I trembled and tripped over my words at every step of the way, and it was super embarrassing and very, very anxiety provoking.
i know the feeling. i am a nervous wreck when i have to do presentations, even if they are in groups like anita and kara said. i have not missed school over it, but i have gotten nervous enough that i have thrown up over it, but thankfully not in class. what i have noticed is that if i like the topic, it's easier for me, but if it is something i can't relate to or am not sure i completely understood it, i feel worse. not sure it makes any sense

open to chat in pm with nice people
arnorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2019, 06:14 PM   #6
domino

Name: Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnorway View Post
i know the feeling. i am a nervous wreck when i have to do presentations, even if they are in groups like anita and kara said. i have not missed school over it, but i have gotten nervous enough that i have thrown up over it, but thankfully not in class. what i have noticed is that if i like the topic, it's easier for me, but if it is something i can't relate to or am not sure i completely understood it, i feel worse. not sure it makes any sense
yes, that totally makes sense to me. i've also noticed the same thing when it comes to giving presentations, if i'm interested in it, it's a lot easier to do, even though it's still not a very fun experience.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote