Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val
Default Calling Abuse Hotlines?

Well.. Long story short.. I had a panic attack the other night and emailed my friend everything that's going on with my life.. which I regret..

She's got a background in law, and she's been urging me to call one of the child abuse hotlines.. because she sees signs of emotional abuse.. I've kinda searched a little about emotional abuse, and I'm not really sure what I think..

So I guess my questions are..
1. If I call from a cell phone, will they be able to track me?
2. What can I expect when I call?

I'm scared to call and talk with someone, as I hate talking about my problems out loud, and I'm scared of talking with someone, so any advice about that would be really nice.

Thanks.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

They would only send someone to your home, after your consent I'm assuming, and if you say that you are in serious danger.

I had a look around Child Help (that's the US one), and they give examples on what to expect. The link explains all of that, and more information about it.

I do not have any personal experience with calling, but remember, they don't know who you are. So don't feel bad or embarrassed to tell them exactly what you want them to hear, they are there to help you, not judge you.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Jupiter
Banned

Name: Matty

Do you think you could possibly use a pay phone? I know this sounds really strange, but do you have any in the area?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #4
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil View Post
Do you think you could possibly use a pay phone? I know this sounds really strange, but do you have any in the area?
They know whether they should get involved or not, and she would have to tell them to, I really wouldn't worry. Plus, I don't think they can track the call without government consent, I'll check on that.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Jupiter
Banned

Name: Matty

wha- oh i get it.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #6
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

OK, here's what I thought.
They can see the number for sure, which can already give a pretty good idea of where you are. They would most likely keep it confidential, but I just don't know about the GPS thing, they may or may not be able to, I haven't found an answer yet.
(hopefully that post didn't go through a proxy, I used one to search that, yea.....)

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:

Last edited by StoppingTime; March 13th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #7
CuriousDestruction
Great Poster

CuriousDestruction's Forum Picture

Name: michael

I used to on a hotline for a bit. They can't track without the government's consent as you said and they never do that unless you claim you are about to be hurt by someone. What you tell them is completely confidential. If you don't believe me, ask the person on the phone. They won't send someone just for asking.
CuriousDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #8
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator

xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture

Name: Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTime View Post
They would only send someone to your home, after your consent I'm assuming, and if you say that you are in serious danger.

I had a look around Child Help (that's the US one), and they give examples on what to expect. The link explains all of that, and more information about it.

I do not have any personal experience with calling, but remember, they don't know who you are. So don't feel bad or embarrassed to tell them exactly what you want them to hear, they are there to help you, not judge you.
Thanks for your reply, and the site. I'll take a look around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil View Post
It's an interesting idea actually, however if I call, it'd be during the middle of the night when I can be alone, and getting to one, at anytime would be a little bit of an issue. & thanks for the reply Eric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousDestruction View Post
I used to on a hotline for a bit. They can't track without the government's consent as you said and they never do that unless you claim you are about to be hurt by someone. What you tell them is completely confidential. If you don't believe me, ask the person on the phone. They won't send someone just for asking.
Good to know they can't track.. Thanks for the reply.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote