Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Calling Abuse Hotlines?

Well.. Long story short.. I had a panic attack the other night and emailed my friend everything that's going on with my life.. which I regret..

She's got a background in law, and she's been urging me to call one of the child abuse hotlines.. because she sees signs of emotional abuse.. I've kinda searched a little about emotional abuse, and I'm not really sure what I think..

So I guess my questions are..
1. If I call from a cell phone, will they be able to track me?
2. What can I expect when I call?

I'm scared to call and talk with someone, as I hate talking about my problems out loud, and I'm scared of talking with someone, so any advice about that would be really nice.

Thanks.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator
 
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
 
Name: Steven
Join Date: July 12, 2011
Location: In Time
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

They would only send someone to your home, after your consent I'm assuming, and if you say that you are in serious danger.

I had a look around Child Help (that's the US one), and they give examples on what to expect. The link explains all of that, and more information about it.

I do not have any personal experience with calling, but remember, they don't know who you are. So don't feel bad or embarrassed to tell them exactly what you want them to hear, they are there to help you, not judge you.

Mikey was here



Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Jupiter
Banned
 
Name: Matty
Join Date: June 27, 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

Do you think you could possibly use a pay phone? I know this sounds really strange, but do you have any in the area?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #4
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator
 
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
 
Name: Steven
Join Date: July 12, 2011
Location: In Time
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil View Post
Do you think you could possibly use a pay phone? I know this sounds really strange, but do you have any in the area?
They know whether they should get involved or not, and she would have to tell them to, I really wouldn't worry. Plus, I don't think they can track the call without government consent, I'll check on that.

Mikey was here



Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Jupiter
Banned
 
Name: Matty
Join Date: June 27, 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

wha- oh i get it.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #6
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator
 
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
 
Name: Steven
Join Date: July 12, 2011
Location: In Time
Age: 20
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

OK, here's what I thought.
They can see the number for sure, which can already give a pretty good idea of where you are. They would most likely keep it confidential, but I just don't know about the GPS thing, they may or may not be able to, I haven't found an answer yet.
(hopefully that post didn't go through a proxy, I used one to search that, yea.....)

Mikey was here



Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!

Last edited by StoppingTime; March 13th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #7
CuriousDestruction
Great Poster
 
CuriousDestruction's Forum Picture
 
Name: michael
Join Date: June 1, 2009
Location: bay area, california
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

I used to on a hotline for a bit. They can't track without the government's consent as you said and they never do that unless you claim you are about to be hurt by someone. What you tell them is completely confidential. If you don't believe me, ask the person on the phone. They won't send someone just for asking.
CuriousDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #8
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: Calling Abuse Hotlines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppingTime View Post
They would only send someone to your home, after your consent I'm assuming, and if you say that you are in serious danger.

I had a look around Child Help (that's the US one), and they give examples on what to expect. The link explains all of that, and more information about it.

I do not have any personal experience with calling, but remember, they don't know who you are. So don't feel bad or embarrassed to tell them exactly what you want them to hear, they are there to help you, not judge you.
Thanks for your reply, and the site. I'll take a look around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil View Post
Do you think you could possibly use a pay phone? I know this sounds really strange, but do you have any in the area?
It's an interesting idea actually, however if I call, it'd be during the middle of the night when I can be alone, and getting to one, at anytime would be a little bit of an issue. & thanks for the reply Eric.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousDestruction View Post
I used to on a hotline for a bit. They can't track without the government's consent as you said and they never do that unless you claim you are about to be hurt by someone. What you tell them is completely confidential. If you don't believe me, ask the person on the phone. They won't send someone just for asking.
Good to know they can't track.. Thanks for the reply.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org