Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #1
curren

Post Video Game Depression?

Hi, im new to this site, but I have been reading a lot of the articles today, and I really wanted to congratulate the operators of Virtual Teen for having such an amazing site!

Anyways, im a highschooler. I am not very athletic, actually not at all. I dont find the joy in going outside and running around catching balls, it just doesnt click with me. What I do like to do is play video games. Specifically Counter Strike Source if anyone here plays, hah. But I am pretty sure that this game makes me depressed, maybe. Whenever I play, I feel great. I am actually pretty good, so its fun to actually win at something and have others look at me like that want to be me. The bad thing is that the game seems to suck out all my life. I dont really want to do anything but play, and I actually dont want to play that often either, its just like playing is my only option. But I have absolutely nothing else to do with my free time. My dad keeps encouraging me to go outside and run, or find some athletic sport. I just cant figure out what to do. I get sad sometimes. I dont often consider suicide because I know that it is a very bad thing to do. I dont really want to go to public functions, like at my church. the people that i used to hang out with now seem annoying. it seems that life would just be easier back on my computer.
This may sound completely crazy, but its like there is a kid inside of me who is just dying to go outside and play in the football game down at the park. But the kid is just covered up by this lazy apathetic person.
In the end I find myself always going back to this stupid game. At least on there I have some good fun. Is it possible that a video game could be causing my sadness/apathy?

Im sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong section