Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 16th, 2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Jaded

Jaded's Forum Picture

Name: Girl.
Default Rock bottom

Hey everyone.

I'm not going to complain, nag, or whine. I don't want to talk about every reason why I could be depressed either.

Lately I've just been feeling like I don't want to be anywhere, do anything, see anyone.

I would really like people who are depressed to answer. Although its free for all. ^^

What is the one or few things that have kept you from committing suicide?

For me, hope has helped - that this is just a phase and soon it will be over and I will be happy.

Another thing keeping me going is my niece and nephews. I don't want to leave them.

Well, sharing would be appreciated.. bye for now : )

Accio Amore

Jaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 03:41 PM   #2
Adamant
Awesome Poster

Adamant's Forum Picture

Name: Adam
Default Re: Rock bottom

Your family seems nice.
depression can be due to loads of things. I know someone at church gets depression and he is a leader there. he has accepted that for some peopel it is an illness so medication can help and is not shameful. Thats preety cool of him to be public about it as people might say he should pray his way out of it or something. I guess what I am saying is maybe talk to a doctor.
For me I have had dark times and they are stil around sometimes too. I like your word hope. keep beleiving that there can be good things around waiting for you. My life was totally shitty. partly my fault and partly not. Then i got adopted and my life is so much better. I never expected that anyone could love me and then they did. keep hoping,
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 04:27 PM   #3
BJade
Member+

BJade's Forum Picture

Name: Jade

Yeah I feel like that sometimes I'm kinda the same the hope that things will get better (well at points it like it cant really get much worse) and that I dont really want to put my family though the hurt of losing me. And yeah just kinda talking to my mum or someone else, and getting a hug and crying, not really makes it better, but kinda less bad I guess

I'm sure what ever is making you feel bad will get better. And if you ever want to talk about stuff that can help
BJade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:04 PM   #4
ska8er
Legendary Member

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Youre niece and nephew need u that's
a good reason. Maybe not for u but for
me suicide is a self-inflicted murder.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:15 PM   #5
karacoustic
Awesome Poster

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

Oh yes.
I also like what you said about hope. Hang onto that!
And talking to a counselor or therapist. That has made a huge difference for me.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
karacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 12:03 AM   #6
Zika
Awesome Poster

Hope is important. When you're depressed, it can be very difficult to keep in mind that you didn't always feel like this and you won't always feel like this, but sometimes that awareness is just enough to carry you through the toughest times.

It can also help to keep in mind how much pain those who love you would experience if you were gone.

Many people at our point in life feel like they don't want to be anywhere, do anything, or see anyone, so you're not at all alone. They say the first step in getting better is to see your doctor for a physical exam, to eliminate the possibility of a chemical or metabolic problem. From there, some people find talk therapy helpful, some don't. Some find medication helpful. To a great extent it depends on what's going on. If you feel the depression is the result of events in your life, talk therapy is really helpful.

It sounds like you may have some eating issues. The experiences which lead to that often also lead to depression. but they need to be addressed as separate issues.

If people have an urge to hurt them self or end their life, it can be helpful for them to make a commitment to them self to call someone, a particular person, before taking any action. This could be a friend or hotline or someone you know online. A couple people have called me.

I wish you had enough posts you could pm, so pm'ing me would be an option. In the mean time, if you'd like, you can post to my wall and we can find a way to communicate.

I'm so glad you posted this and are looking for ways out. Please don't consider expressing your issues to be complaining, nagging, or whining. And don't believe your pain isn't valid just because someone else has it worse than you.

Please let us know how you're doing.

I wish you all the best.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2019, 06:18 PM   #7
jamie_n5
VT Lover

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Well anyone can suffer from depression. I have a great family and life and have suffered from depression and been on meds for it since I was 15. It is no big deal or bad thing to be suffering from meds and counseling help thousands of people so don't feel ashamed or like you are out there by yourself.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2019, 10:13 PM   #8
SouthernDude
Member+

SouthernDude's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Depression is not easy. Maybe turn to a therapist for help and keep in mind those who you know and love and what impact it would haven them if you did commit suicide.

Best wishes,

SouthernDude

From the South. I'm a dude.

The end.

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh....php?t=2051691 - my AMA
SouthernDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2019, 02:43 PM   #9
TeenBoy2002

For me, I feel as though ending my life would be putting an end to something that could become good, because hard times happen but they don’t last forever and it’s hard to focus on that when you’re depressed but when you come out the other side, you begin to see things differently
TeenBoy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote