Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Should europe unite into one country?
Yes 4 22.22%
No 13 72.22%
don't know or don't care 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #1
rEpReSsIoN.?
Member+
 
rEpReSsIoN.?'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2005
Location: UK
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Default United Europe

Should there be a united europe?? I think the should do YOU?

I wanna be there when you call
I wanna catch you when you fall
I wanna be the one you need
I wanna be the one you breathe
Today’s the day we’ll fade away

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...kkkkkkkkkk.jpg
orochimaru hehehe
rEpReSsIoN.? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Bobby
Legendary Member
 
Bobby's Forum Picture
 
Name: Bobby
Join Date: January 9, 2006
Location: Where You Want Me
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 16
Default Re: United Europe

What do you mean by "United Europe" please explain

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #3
serial-thrilla
VT Lover
 
Join Date: February 5, 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: United Europe

pretty self explainitory, and no i dont think that it should.
serial-thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #4
Bobby
Legendary Member
 
Bobby's Forum Picture
 
Name: Bobby
Join Date: January 9, 2006
Location: Where You Want Me
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 16
Default Re: United Europe

Okay I get it. No.. I don't think Europe should be one country it would be massive.. I just don't think it would work.

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #5
redcar
Retired Administrator
 
redcar's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 15, 2004
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 20
Default Re: United Europe

a united Europe, we are currently on the road to having. think about it out of the countries in Europe 25 are members of the European Union. now the EU is an extremely powerful body. now at this stage about 60% of all laws come from the EU. also an EU law will always superceed (sp?) a national law. so whatever the EU says goes. also 12 countries have the same currency and come January 2007 i believe it is 10 more will join the Euro. so that will be 22 out of 25 EU countries.

with the EU there is no internal borders. you can move freely from country to country without the bother of any checkpoints, of course with air u still need your passport. also there is free movement of capital, goods and labour. no tarrifs. and at the moment they are plannning the introduction of the new EU constitution which will include harmonizing taxes europe wide.

oh we are well on the way to a United Europe, which even though has its good points, i dont want each country to loose their sense of independace and become a United States of Europe, or something similar, that would be sickening.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:11 PM   #6
jack12341234
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 23, 2006
Age: 28
Default Re: United Europe

thats a good idea, but i don't ever think it will happen, one country will become power hungry and break out of it, sorry but its an unrealistic goal, its like a united asia
jack12341234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #7
redcar
Retired Administrator
 
redcar's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 15, 2004
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 20
Default Re: United Europe

no country will break out of the EU, and there isnt any country that is really power hungry, but more have more power than others because of their size, i.e Germany and France. but there are measures to protect smaller countries, for example to pass the new constitution all countries must ratify it. otherwise its dead in the water.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #8
Bobby
Legendary Member
 
Bobby's Forum Picture
 
Name: Bobby
Join Date: January 9, 2006
Location: Where You Want Me
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 16
Default Re: United Europe

The truth is the smaller countries will not break because they will now have more sense of protection from the larger countries.

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #9
LIsailer19
Member++
 
LIsailer19's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 5, 2006
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Age: 27
Default Re: United Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
oh we are well on the way to a United Europe, which even though has its good points, i dont want each country to loose their sense of independace and become a United States of Europe, or something similar, that would be sickening.
why would a euro US be sickening? as an american i take offence to that, unless you meant something else.


i dont think europe should unite. personally speaking, that would suck. i know this sounds like "jackass american" speaking, but if europe became one country, the united states wouldnt be nearly as powerful. that would cause a crumble in the united states's economy, power, etc. now i'm really going to sound like a jackass but i dont really care because this is what i really beleive, i love living in the most powerful (and in my opinion, greatest) nation on earth ... if europe joined, US would no longer have nearly as much attention, power, or money on a global scale.


i also think that there would be way too much confusion in terms of building up europe into one superpower. you would have people speaking french in one corner, norse in another, and a completly diversified society. now there is nothing worng with that, in fact i support it. the US is very diversifed also. but in america, diversifacation occurs all over, not just groups of people in their own niches. if europe formed, people with completly different beleifs, who dont even speak the same language, and live nowhere near each other, would call themselves members of the same country. it makes no sence.

alright i've said some of what i wanted to say, i could go on but i barely know where to start saying why i think its a bad idea.

-Brian
LIsailer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #10
redcar
Retired Administrator
 
redcar's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 15, 2004
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 20
Default Re: United Europe

no country would break from the EU, its too much of an asset. if you break from it you are cutting yourself off from 24 other different markets, when it comes to business. but the reason for the EU isnt protection, its all about business and making trade and travel easier for everyone and develop economies. but not protection, if you mean as in military. the EU doesnt yet have a military or a policy for protecting other EU countries in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIsailer19
why would a euro US be sickening? as an american i take offence to that, unless you meant something else.
because i am extremly patriotic to Ireland and love my country so much. the thoughts of it becoming a federal state just really sickens me. i want ireland to remain always a seperate country at all times, and never become a federal state.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #11
Bobby
Legendary Member
 
Bobby's Forum Picture
 
Name: Bobby
Join Date: January 9, 2006
Location: Where You Want Me
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 16
Default Re: United Europe

Ya... but you have to agree, being a "state" in the same country would give more room for national support. So, yes your right, my king. I guess protection wasn't the right word.

"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."
-John McCain
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #12
Physicist
Banned
 
Physicist's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 12, 2006
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: United Europe

It goes without saying that Europe being one giant, solely centrally governed city-state would be horrible. Different area's need different needs. But them all being united by the European Union but still being self goverened on the level of country, province, city, etc. is a great idea.
Physicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #13
serial-thrilla
VT Lover
 
Join Date: February 5, 2005
Location: Ontario Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: United Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIsailer19
why would a euro US be sickening? as an american i take offence to that, unless you meant something else.


i dont think europe should unite. personally speaking, that would suck. i know this sounds like "jackass american" speaking, but if europe became one country, the united states wouldnt be nearly as powerful. that would cause a crumble in the united states's economy, power, etc. now i'm really going to sound like a jackass but i dont really care because this is what i really beleive, i love living in the most powerful (and in my opinion, greatest) nation on earth ... if europe joined, US would no longer have nearly as much attention, power, or money on a global scale.


i also think that there would be way too much confusion in terms of building up europe into one superpower. you would have people speaking french in one corner, norse in another, and a completly diversified society. now there is nothing worng with that, in fact i support it. the US is very diversifed also. but in america, diversifacation occurs all over, not just groups of people in their own niches. if europe formed, people with completly different beleifs, who dont even speak the same language, and live nowhere near each other, would call themselves members of the same country. it makes no sence.

alright i've said some of what i wanted to say, i could go on but i barely know where to start saying why i think its a bad idea.

-Brian
heh now i kinda want them to become one...
serial-thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #14
kda2011
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: October 26, 2005
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: United Europe

I think the fact that the EU is very important in Europe that it could happen. But if Europe were to Unite I think it would be a fallout for some European Economies. Also it would a change that would be very hard and take a long time. Just imagine if North America United. I doubt most of you would like that. Think of all the text books/maps/globes that would be inacurate after the change. It could not only hurt Europe but could even hit the United States Education Department. I think it would cost over 10 Billion Dollars in the US Schools alone (I dont know how much all the textbooks in the US Cost but it would be a blow to the US Schools! Not to inagine all over the world. It would be a blow to every countries Schools. Anyone who wants this to happen is not looking at the Finicial parts of this subject. Since textbook costs are already sky rocketing if this happened then it would hurt the world! Its very unlikely in mho to happen!
kda2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #15
redcar
Retired Administrator
 
redcar's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 15, 2004
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 20
Default Re: United Europe

if Europe were to unite fully it would become one the biggest economic powers on the planet, teh resources Europe have are vast. even at the mo, Europe is economically very powerful. the US dollar has been trading at about €1 = US$1.20, thereabouts for the last about three years, just showing how strong the euro. if Europe were to unite fully it would become economically more powerful.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #16
LIsailer19
Member++
 
LIsailer19's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 5, 2006
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Age: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla
heh now i kinda want them to become one...
because of what i said? i dont really know why you quoted me, if i changed your mind because of me being patriotic (and somewhat egotistical) to the US then sorry. i dont know why you quoted me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
because i am extremly patriotic to Ireland and love my country so much. the thoughts of it becoming a federal state just really sickens me. i want ireland to remain always a seperate country at all times, and never become a federal state.
just like you love Ireland, i love the United States. and while i'm not european and dont fully care what happens there, i do agree with you. Ireland, (and all the other EU nations), should keep their independence. thats one thing i dont like about north america, your either mexican, american, or canadian, there isnt much diversity. in europe however, there are tons of different types of cultures all over the continent. the united states is sort of what europe might be like, in terms of having all the states. it seems weird, france, italy, ireland, etc, would just be states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
if Europe were to unite fully it would become one the biggest economic powers on the planet, teh resources Europe have are vast. even at the mo, Europe is economically very powerful. the US dollar has been trading at about €1 = US$1.20, thereabouts for the last about three years, just showing how strong the euro. if Europe were to unite fully it would become economically more powerful.
right, and sorry if i sound like an egotistical, american jackass, but i REALLY dont want that to happen. american money would lose a lot of value if europe united.

Last edited by kolte; July 1st, 2006 at 01:07 PM.
LIsailer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #17
redcar
Retired Administrator
 
redcar's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 15, 2004
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 20
Default Re: United Europe

of course you dont, and its not being egotistical, but unfortunatly the USA has some serious competition, Europe, but also China as well as the rest of Asia.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #18
Whisper
Ancient Gmod
 
Whisper's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kodie
Join Date: June 30, 2004
Location: Van Island, BC
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: United Europe

LIsailer19 I hate ta break it to ya hun but your economys already in serious trouble
and now with the emergence of China as a communist super power
Iran and North Koreas nuclear program
and constant attacks from Al-Quida
You could use a strong allie watching your back

I understand where Alex is comming from that would be like Canada and Mexico merging with America
dont get me wrong norht america having something like the EU would be great
but i wouldnt want it to be one country

so I understand the hesitation
and although I agree that they should stay speerate countries that ultimatly are soley responsible for there own sovernty they should be allowed to hold on to there history, culture and ideals
not to mention whod wanna be parta germany

BUT that being said it would be good to have REALLY close ties between all the EU countries
a unified currency
extremly secure outter boarders allowing for no need for internal ones
even a unified military so that if one country attacks all are at war (kinda like NATO)

As a canadian perspective a stong Eurpoe is nice for the Common Wealth
Anoter strong Democratic power on the world stage would be nice
espically one with a stronger and more stable economy then Americas
over the years Canada has become dependant on the american market
without us they flat out wouldnt be able to remain a superpower
still were ignored
and now with there dept and SEVERLY weakening dollar
I would like us to diversify into more economys
We've already begun that with the Asian market
working on ties with China and Japan for instance
as well as working more closley with Australia
so a strong and unified European Union would be nice


...dont get me wrong
I like america but..

..naaaw

♫♪Κodie♪♫

Last edited by Whisper; June 28th, 2006 at 09:53 PM.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #19
LIsailer19
Member++
 
LIsailer19's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 5, 2006
Location: NEW YORK, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Age: 27
Default Re: United Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by *}Whisper{*
LIsailer19 I hate ta break it to ya hun but your economys already in serious trouble
and now with the emergence of China as a communist super power
Iran and North Koreas nuclear program
and constant attacks from Al-Quida
You could use a strong allie watching your back

I understand where Alex is comming from that would be like Canada and Mexico merging with America
dont get me wrong norht america having something like the EU would be great
but i wouldnt want it to be one country

so I understand the hesitation
and although I agree that they should stay speerate countries that ultimatly are soley responsible for there own sovernty they should be allowed to hold on to there history, culture and ideals
not to mention whod wanna be parta germany

BUT that being said it would be good to have REALLY close ties between all the EU countries
a unified currency
extremly secure outter boarders allowing for no need for internal ones
even a unified military so that if one country attacks all are at war (kinda like NATO)

As a canadian perspective a stong Eurpoe is nice for the Common Wealth
Anoter strong Democratic power on the world stage would be nice
espically one with a stronger and more stable economy then Americas
over the years Canada has become dependant on the american market
without us they flat out wouldnt be able to remain a superpower
still were ignored
and now with there dept and SEVERLY weakening dollar
I would like us to diversify into more economys
We've already begun that with the Asian market
working on ties with China and Japan for instance
as well as working more closley with Australia
so a strong and unified European Union would be nice


...dont get me wrong
I like america but..

..naaaw
well, the us dollar is weak because the united states is paying war debts, domestic debts, etc. our senate allows funding for the stupidest shit which puts us more into debt and hurts the economy more. george fucking bush has cause a 6 billion dollar surplus to turn into a 500 billion dollar deficit. that is why the dollar is weak.

i have to strongly disagree with you when you say america couldnt be a superpower without canada. while its a fact that the two countries are extremely dependent on each other, the US could still get along just fine without canada. also, 58.2 percent of all canadas imports are from the US. and while 85 percent of canadas exports are to the united states, that 85 percent of canadas exports is only 28 of americas imports. so dont make it out like canada couldnt survive without america. all those percentage numbers are on this website , just incase your interested
LIsailer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #20
Whisper
Ancient Gmod
 
Whisper's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kodie
Join Date: June 30, 2004
Location: Van Island, BC
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default Re: United Europe

Okay first
Bush isnt soley responsible i mean i dont like him either but its not ONE MAN that has fucked the entire american economy this has been a result of ALLOT of areas of the government, both parties and more then one president

and I siad canada is dependant on america
i never denied that

second
America is dependant on Canada with
oil
natural gas
uranium
grain
soft wood lumber
nickel
zinc
gold
diamonds
fresh water
Aluminum
Lead
etc.....(the list is really long)

its funny
your psycotic about the oil deposits in the middle east because the american dollar is glued to oil
yet i havent meet a single american that gives a dam about the fact that canada is the number one exporter of oil and natual gas to america
we have more then the middle east
and were a hell of allot more stable

if the middle eas has a minor problem with a pipeline
say its damaged (blown up by psycotic terrorists)
or set on fire
even for a breif time the cost of fuel in america SKYROCKETS
imagine if Canada finnaly got sick of your shit and said fuck you

during the summer months allot of states have controled black outs inorder to conserve power and try to prevent a catastrophic cascading black out which would spread throughout the entire power grid like a plauge

allot of your power comes from canada
imagine if we just flipped a switch

Have you ever tried building a house with hardwood?

How about the largest amount of fresh water of which allot we send to america?

America depends on us allot more then it would care to admit
fucking arrogance
worse then quebec


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on topic

I still love the idea of a strong European Union
because with the emergence of China
with Irans nuclear program
With the severe instability in the middle east ingeneral (Hamas, Al-quida, etc...)
North Korea....nough said
I would feel allot better having a strong and unified EU not just for the military or the security
but more importantly the economic factor
I hope Canada works on its ties with you guys

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org