Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2016, 06:30 PM   #1
Daily
Banned

Name: Cory
Default I cry when I lose at games.

Go on. Call me a retard, a wimp, insane. Call me whatever you want, everyone else does it anyways.
Old January 26th, 2016, 06:34 PM   #2
West Coast Sheriff
Legendery Veteran

West Coast Sheriff's Forum Picture

Name: F.
Default Re: I cry when I lose at games.

It's not a mental Illness to cry at losing. And some of us consider the "R" word worse than the "f" (not as in fuck but the homosexual slur. I find it to offensive to even type.) and "n" words. Using the "r" word is offensive to people with special needs and their family members.

I am sorry people say those things to you. People can be cruel.

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

Old January 26th, 2016, 06:39 PM   #3
Daily
Banned

Name: Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Romero View Post
It's not a mental Illness to cry at losing.
Eh, theres no BPD subforum so I posted here.
Old January 26th, 2016, 06:44 PM   #4
West Coast Sheriff
Legendery Veteran

West Coast Sheriff's Forum Picture

Name: F.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, when you say "go ahead and call me...",
I doubt you want people to say anything. It seems like instead of venting you are attention seeking. Certain statements can be harmful to people and in this case, by inviting people to say mean words, this can be harmful to you too. It's best to be appropriate when speaking in front of a community. While it is important to express yourself, be aware of your audience. I invite you to message me about anything, so that I may be able to help you. I understand from seeing your posts around that you could benefit from talking to someone.

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

Old January 26th, 2016, 06:48 PM   #5
SethfromMI
Legendary Member

SethfromMI's Forum Picture

Name: Seth

you do have an actual disorder though right? that type of thing could be the reason why you cry at games, unless you just cry for no reason, which does not sound like it is the case

19 | M | BI

Always Up For A Chat!

~ Seth
Old January 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM   #6
eric2001
Nice Poster

eric2001's Forum Picture

Name: Eric

Cory, when you lose just start thinking about the next game and what you can do to get an edge. The last game is ancient history.
Old January 26th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #7
amgb
Awesome Poster

Well, any mental illness can have diverse effects on how we respond to certain situations, and that's okay because it's all part of the disorder. It does not in any way make you crazy, retarded or wimpy. For example because of bad anxiety, I fly into a panic whenever I lose something like a pencil or a hat or a set of keys etc. And when I say panic I mean I cry, I stress, I feel like smashing stuff; and other people see this and immediately judge that it's over-reacting and making mountains out of molehills. I do agree with @Sheriff Romero that in fact you most likely don't want people to call you offensive names. I know alot of people might have done so in the past, but it doesn't mean everyone you come across is like that. Some people can treat others so terribly, and that makes it hard not to believe that there are people who won't and will accept you for who you are. I think it would help if you could talk to someone you trust about your feelings and the problems you experience, it's difficult to deal with things alone. If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here and I won't judge~

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
Old February 1st, 2016, 06:20 PM   #8
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

It's ok to be over emotional when you're frustrated. Sometimes you genuinely can't help that.

However, it might be beneficial to look into ways of making the situation easier. Maybe avoid stressful games, or take a break when something frustrates you, and do something that can help you calm down. As someone who deals with uncontrollable emotions (unsure of exact cause, possibly related to autism [overwheming things= meltdown] or BPD [which isn't something I'm diagnosed with outright, but has been considered a possibility.]) it's draining and only leads to further frustration to leave my emotions unchecked. What I usually try to do is take a break and calm down. Drink water (which calms me down for some reason) or a hot drink. Maybe eat a snack. Watch a funny video. Practice deep breathing (unless I can't control my breathing/am crying- because that can frustrate me further)

Just try to minimize frustration, and learn how to minimize 'damage' once you do get emotional/frustrated. It'll help a lot, and you start to feel more in control of yourself (which can also consequently help lower frustration.)

You're not retarded, or a baby, or anything. I'm almost 20, and I experience this too. Don't worry, man. Just try to deal with the way it affects you and ignore everyone else.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Old February 1st, 2016, 10:10 PM   #9
Emerald Dream
Forever Green

Emerald Dream's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

OP banned.
Closed Thread