Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 15th, 2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Default The State of P101

Well, this is going to be more specificly aimed at Puberty For All and Puberty For Boys.

Honestly, the P101 section is going a bit too far in my opinion. Let me explain why I think this.

If you go to Puberty For Boys, atleast 70% of the threads there are masturbation surveys, masturbation questions, or those very graphic semen threads. I think this is 1 problem which I will describe more soon.

The second problem is the infamous 'fake girls' which we all know are on here. Not much you can do about this though as this is not directly the fault of the P101 section itself.

Now, in Puberty For All my concern is that it went the direction the boys section went to. It's almost exclusivly about masturbation surveys. Also the "girls only surveys" which some guys make. To me that just seems weird concidering the fact the forums are already full of them and certain guys still need to know how many girls masturbate which is getting repetetive.

Puberty for girls: I have no clue if it's that bad, I'm no girl after all. If anyone wants to tell me about the state of that forum go ahead.

Now back to puberty for boys, it's going too far these days. All the surveys are exactly the same and the same people keep filling them in (which I believe has been mentioned in another thread by @Tim987 aswell).
What I'm trying to get at here is that there should be a limitation for these surveys, making 1 sticky thread that is 1 big survey will:

-clean up the forum pretty well and will make it easier for the staff as they don't have to take out the explicit questions all the time because it's 1 survey. (This is for puberty for all aswell)

-reduce the amount of "question for girls only" threads which may lead to creepy behavior from posters, drooling all over the surveys which, in all honestly probably happens.

For the other problem, the extremely explicit content that goed trough at times, well I think there should be some stricter rules for that. We do not need to know how someone plays with their own semen, just to give an example.

What I also think is a problem here (not huge but a problem nonetheless) is that 50 % if not more of the new members instantly go to P101 and never post somewhere else. This is also the case for members who exclusivly post in the puberty sections which to me is sad because it shows their lack of interest in any other forum.

Yes VT is an advicd and yes the puberty sections are good for young teens to get help, but not in it's current state. To me they are there to help teens to grow up, deal with changes in their bodies, not to keep asking how many times a day someone masturbates, over and over again.

This is just a little rant, didn't know another place to podt it in but feel free to move this if you wish.

I would love to hear the opinion of others on this matter since I do think it should be adressed.

In all of us lie secrets
hidden inside hollow hearts,
Heaven was built by heathens
there is no place for us
never was
Leprous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM   #2
Atlantis
Global Moderator

Atlantis's Forum Picture

Name: George
Default Re: The State of P101

Ok, of course I'm not staff but this is just my opinion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post

If you go to Puberty For Boys, atleast 70% of the threads there are masturbation surveys, masturbation questions, or those very graphic semen threads.
Obviously that's a problem that many guys want to know more about. Of course if they are graphic, they should be reported and move to the archive.

Quote:
The second problem is the infamous 'fake girls' which we all know are on here. Not much you can do about this though as this is not directly the fault of the P101 section itself.
You pretty much answered yourself here.

Quote:
Now, in Puberty For All my concern is that it went the direction the boys section went to. It's almost exclusivly about masturbation surveys. Also the "girls only surveys" which some guys make. To me that just seems weird concidering the fact the forums are already full of them and certain guys still need to know how many girls masturbate which is getting repetetive.
Well the PfA (abbreviated) forum is for guys to ask girls questions, and for girls to ask guys questions, so I don't see what's wrong with a guy making a girls survey.

Quote:
Now back to puberty for boys, it's going too far these days. All the surveys are exactly the same and the same people keep filling them in (which I believe has been mentioned in another thread by @Tim987 aswell).
What I'm trying to get at here is that there should be a limitation for these surveys, making 1 sticky thread that is 1 big survey will:

-clean up the forum pretty well and will make it easier for the staff as they don't have to take out the explicit questions all the time because it's 1 survey. (This is for puberty for all aswell)

-reduce the amount of "question for girls only" threads which may lead to creepy behavior from posters, drooling all over the surveys which, in all honestly probably happens.
I actually asked about having a sticky thread because it's the same content over and over (I do agree with you) but @Elysium rejected - here is what the response was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post

As for the OP, I've been unsure how to respond to this for a while. It's difficult to moderate and most of what attracts people to VT is the surveys, repetitive as they are. In an ideal world, yeah, we wouldn't need so much repetition, but in application...
Quote:
For the other problem, the extremely explicit content that goed trough at times, well I think there should be some stricter rules for that. We do not need to know how someone plays with their own semen, just to give an example.
If you think that it's inappropriate or too graphic, then report it and it will be moved by our helpful mods.

Quote:
What I also think is a problem here (not huge but a problem nonetheless) is that 50 % if not more of the new members instantly go to P101 and never post somewhere else. This is also the case for members who exclusivly post in the puberty sections which to me is sad because it shows their lack of interest in any other forum.
Again @Elysium said before somewhere that the main draw of this site is P101. So if that's what keeps the forum going then it should stay there. I quote from Elysium's above quote: "most of what attracts people to VT is the surveys"

Quote:
I would love to hear the opinion of others on this matter since I do think it should be adressed.
You've heard my opinion. Although, as a final point, I would like to add that it has got worse since I joined back in November, but I just don't think that it's bad as you depict (that said, I hardly go in there)

Ok, I found this (link) which isn't the thread that I was talking about earlier, but it still has some staff member responses about some of the issues that you have mentioned.

Global Moderator
aka Endeavour

[email protected] PM

Last edited by Atlantis; June 15th, 2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling and extra information
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:45 AM   #3
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

@Attraction Yeah about the surveys for girls, I don't have a problem with them being there, I have a problem with their quantity and the fact that not everyone who makes them is a teen. It is known that there are most likely 'older' people on VT.

The masturbation threads are everywhere and yeah you've seen it aswell. I just think there are too many of them and that they are eventually not helpfull anymore because of the same people doing the surveys over and over again.

I'm more than happy to report posts I think go too far but I also think they should be prevented, or we should atleast try to.

It has indeed gotten worse and I have been seeiing graphic posts repeat themselves from the same users over and over again. I'm glad you also agree with me for the most part on this thread.

Edit: Of course P101 shouldn't be removed, I never said that in the first place. It gives VT popularity, but not always in a good way.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was

Last edited by Leprous; June 15th, 2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM   #4
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Living For Love's Forum Picture

What do you exactly mean by "fake girls"?

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #5
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living For Love View Post
What do you exactly mean by "fake girls"?
Well exactly at it says. Guys making accounts and changing their gender to female. It's as simple as that and it most likely happens more often than we think.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:22 AM   #6
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Quote:
Well exactly at it says. Guys making accounts and changing their gender to female. It's as simple as that and it most likely happens more often than we think.
Do you have any evidence that situation happens regularly here on VT?

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #7
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living For Love View Post
Do you have any evidence that situation happens regularly here on VT?
Well I have heard it from people who already had to deal with this and let's be real here. Is it normal there are frequent (not saying they happen everyday but they do happen) bans from newly made female VT accounts that instantly start posting in the P101 section?

I have noticed this happening and I do think that's a little suspicious.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was
Old June 15th, 2016, 01:41 PM   #8
Uranus
VT Lover

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

Thanks for making a 2.0 of my thread exactly like this one

You'll see where the staff have responded and why p101 is like it is.

And to add my opinion, we get so many new members here daily, and many of them are the purpose to why p101 is like it is, and when you add in the fact that the staff do not live on VT or even p101, you can only expect that there will be multiple threads containing numerous amounts of sexually explicit material. It really can't be stopped. Its just like people who recreationally smoke marijuana, it's not appropriate, and it won't be stopped whatsoever. All the authorities can do is eliminate as much posts and if needed, ban those who are here for the purpose to just be perverts. The only thing they can do, is give a little more effort,
Maybe get some more staff,
And view reports which you can click the report button on almost anything here. Other than that, expect that type of material, it's the internet, it's always gonna be fucked up

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #9
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead

Typhlosion's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Ohhhh myy goddd not this thread againnn

The P101 forums have been like this for a while. C'mon, young teens are very curious about their bodies and aren't that great at finding things beyond their nose ( :P ). It's going to be the same question and it's going to happen so many more times. And of couse, there will be the excessive, asking for stories had sex with my own brother people too.

Help the mods and report those threads. Report posts that go too far. I was a GD mod and reading so many ROTW/TWPR posts is tiring and very time consuming. Imagine P101 rhat has so many more traffic and potential to go wrong. VT, nor P101, can be perfect, but help the staff try. Every report made is handled by a mod, there's no such thing as too much reporting.

The only thing I humorously agree with you is that P101 is mostly separated from the rest of the forums But, seriously man, just chill.

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Typhlosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 02:37 PM   #10
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

@Continental You're welcome, yours was more than a year ago I don't see a problem with that. I am however glad that you agree with me that there should be a bit more effort put into this matter.

@Tyhplosion The thing is you guys will probably get flooded with reports but if you want that I can help with that. It's not just seperated it's a different fucking dimension.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was
Old June 15th, 2016, 07:22 PM   #11
Moriya
Awesome Poster

Moriya's Forum Picture

Name: Moriya
Location: An alternate version of America where people have civil discussions about issues

Since I'm the only (legitimate) female posting here for now, I'm just going to say that PFG mostly consists of masturbation, period and "female area" questions. But like PFB, some of the threads get locked and moved to the archive. It happens.

In all honesty, if it bothers you so much you can just blacklist/hide the boards in your user settings. Then you won't have to see it again (until you log out, of course)

^Summer Kisekae Me^
Three moods: silly precious cinnamon roll, we Gucci like this swimsuit fam and **** you, let me sleep

"If I had a dollar for every person that told the complete truth online, Id be homeless." -Me 2016
Moriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:21 PM   #12
Cygnus
Instant Crush

Cygnus's Forum Picture

Name: David

My buddy Zach, a very wise man, said this regarding P101

Follow that, you're doing everyone a favour by reporting.
Cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:42 AM   #13
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

The thing is, there is one more problem I'd like to adress. This can't exactly been taken care of but it is worth mentioning.

As I said before allot of the new members tend to move towards P101 and stay there, in most cases you barely see them outside. This means that most other forums will not get new frequent posters and they will slowly loose their popularity. Of course this is on the long run but yeah it's still happening.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was
Old June 16th, 2016, 04:59 AM   #14
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

There are so many of seemingly redundant threads in p101, I get that. And I think everyone has a right to talk about how "different" they or their experiences are. That being said, tbh, if you read about 15 threads you get that pretty much everything is normal. Some surveys are kinda fun, I've done some. But there is a lot, a lot of redundancy. But not sure there's a way to minimize that.

I know in other forums, boys can't even view girls puberty thread, and vise versa. Not sure if that's a possibility or not, or if it makes sense. Just saying
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 05:13 AM   #15
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just JT View Post
There are so many of seemingly redundant threads in p101, I get that. And I think everyone has a right to talk about how "different" they or their experiences are. That being said, tbh, if you read about 15 threads you get that pretty much everything is normal. Some surveys are kinda fun, I've done some. But there is a lot, a lot of redundancy. But not sure there's a way to minimize that.

I know in other forums, boys can't even view girls puberty thread, and vise versa. Not sure if that's a possibility or not, or if it makes sense. Just saying
Well that would make sense in a way, but might encourage more gender fakers on VT and that's not something good. Also in my opinion the explicit thread that can be found in the puberty sections are not normal to me. Not normal at all.

Yes we are teenagers but once you're 15 or older you should be able to be mature on the subject of sex and also maybe slightly feel like filling in the same survey over and over again makes no sense.

Also might add the kind of threads I am referring to with being unnecessary are threads like this one which luckily got locked. I do feel like there should be a rule that would prevent threads from going this far in the first place.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was

Last edited by Leprous; June 16th, 2016 at 05:20 AM.
Old June 16th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #16
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Quote:
Well that would make sense in a way, but might encourage more gender fakers on VT and that's not something good. Also in my opinion the explicit thread that can be found in the puberty sections are not normal to me. Not normal at all.

Yes we are teenagers but once you're 15 or older you should be able to be mature on the subject of sex and also maybe slightly feel like filling in the same survey over and over again makes no sense.

Also might add the kind of threads I am referring to with being unnecessary are threads like this one which luckily got locked. I do feel like there should be a rule that would prevent threads from going this far in the first place.

I agree, not sure what can be done about that. But on my idea, what I also have seen is members need to kinda "earn" their way into sections. May be by the number of posts, or what ever. I even was in one forum, there was no clear decisive way to know when you would be allowed into that section. It simply depended on things like how long you e been there, number of posts, quality posts, and general feeling of staff about the member of they could handle it.

That might be to difficult and or iffy to and cause problems. But members could also have those priveligedes removed as well
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 07:10 AM   #17
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead

Typhlosion's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Quote:
I have no idea what do you mean by that. The thread was deemed inappropriate and problem solved. Stricter rules won't happen magically, you need a moderator to enforce them. Like said (a billion times) before in this thread, the best way you can help is reporting inadequate posts. The massive amount of updates on P101 don't make it easy to always find problems, and moderators have more to do than just stalk P101, so don't be surprised if something slips from their view. Seriously, man.

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Typhlosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 07:41 AM   #18
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhlosion View Post
I have no idea what do you mean by that. The thread was deemed inappropriate and problem solved. Stricter rules won't happen magically, you need a moderator to enforce them. Like said (a billion times) before in this thread, the best way you can help is reporting inadequate posts. The massive amount of updates on P101 don't make it easy to always find problems, and moderators have more to do than just stalk P101, so don't be surprised if something slips from their view. Seriously, man.
The thing is, of course they can't instantly get rid of the threads, I also didn't say that. Reporting every single thread I think isn't approrpiate might spam the mods and I don't think they want that either. I just think new threads shoulf be closely watched, like the thread I mentioned above which dated from january, which is in my opinion a very long time for a thread like that to last.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was
Old June 16th, 2016, 08:27 AM   #19
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Well, this is going to be more specificly aimed at Puberty For All and Puberty For Boys.

Honestly, the P101 section is going a bit too far in my opinion. Let me explain why I think this.

If you go to Puberty For Boys, atleast 70% of the threads there are masturbation surveys, masturbation questions, or those very graphic semen threads. I think this is 1 problem which I will describe more soon.

Puberty for girls: I have no clue if it's that bad, I'm no girl after all. If anyone wants to tell me about the state of that forum go ahead.

Yes VT is an advicd and yes the puberty sections are good for young teens to get help, but not in it's current state. To me they are there to help teens to grow up, deal with changes in their bodies, not to keep asking how many times a day someone masturbates, over and over again.

This is just a little rant, didn't know another place to podt it in but feel free to move this if you wish.

Trust me I know how you feel buddy and I am sure that the majority of them are just pervs. But there are people around the world that are told mbating is bad and unhealthy or that are not taught sex or worry about other sex related stuff so I think it should stay so they can get help.

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 08:31 AM   #20
Leprous
Professional Spivak

Leprous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlapjack View Post
Trust me I know how you feel buddy and I am sure that the majority of them are just pervs. But there are people around the world that are told mbating is bad and unhealthy or that are not taught sex or worry about other sex related stuff so I think it should stay so they can get help.
The thing is, it's not bad that it's there to help, not at all. What I was talking about are the same surveys popping up all the time which in my opinion, aren't helpfull anymore.

In all of us lie secrets
there is no place for us
never was