Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 12th, 2018, 01:26 AM   #1
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Default I thought this would be therapeutic for many suffering from school parental stress.

This link is about an article about how the pressures of academic life from parents push us to hard to the point of breaking and contemplating suicide at times.

I post this article here so that people know they aren’t alone, and that there are professionals out there who recognize this is a problem for parents and us teens.

There is an audio-file of the radio broadcast segment if one prefers not to read.

I hope this helps someone not feel so alone.

http://ijpr.org/post/perils-pushing-...-back#stream/0

P.S. it doesn’t matter if you don’t get into Ivy League schools btw, what matters is what you learn about treating people right when your young, probably in kindergarten, and to not let your love of learning pass away....I notice jr.high and high school really beat that out of you, $ and status usurp meaningful tools we use to make sense of the world, and all authority seems hypocritical.

I get it.

But my words of comfort to you are, stay in the game. It gets better, A does not always lead to B, and then eternal failure. You won’t always succeed, but calibrate your goals just enough to challenge yourself, but not so much you get swallowed up and not too little that your ego gets inflated.

Last edited by Uniquemind; June 12th, 2018 at 01:30 AM.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote