Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 3rd, 2018, 08:40 AM   #1
benlodge123
Member++

benlodge123's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Default Anger

I find myself getting unbelievably angry many times a day.I don't know what causes. In the end it involves me swearing, punching shit and taking it out on people. I dont know what i can do to stop feeling this way? How do i calm down? I feel like just breaking everything that i put my hands on.

My parents support me, however, they try and guilt trip me when i am angry at them. "We dont mean anything to you, we're nothing but shit" etc

How do you cope with anger?

Happy to Chat about anything!! Hit me up! "
benlodge123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2018, 09:04 AM   #2
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Anger

I can empathize with you. I get extremely frustrated at little things and I cry from anger, swear, or have urges to hurt others or myself. I’ve found that meditation works A LOT. Like... if I’m doing something and it’s not working, I take a step back, close my eyes and take deep breaths, and take a break. I go do something easy, or do something that I know works. If I’m angry at someone or I get in an argument with my parents, I go to my room, turn the lights off, create a calm setting and just sit against the wall and do a meditation exercise that I learned.

There are lots of ways of coping though. Have you tried going to anger management or therapy? Meditation? Taking a step back and doing something you enjoy? Stress ball/toy? There’s a lotta stuff that can help with anger and stress.

I think the main thing is to recognize your anger. Accept it. Let it fester. Let it build up. Understand your anger and why you’re angry. Let it nest in your head, your chest, your arms, your thighs, your ankles, your toes... then finally your lungs. Inhale, exhale, let all that anger out. Just in and out. Just breathe. Realize that anger like that doesn’t solve anything. It doesn’t make anything better. It doesn’t make you feel better. Then what’s the point of having it?

It’s a shame your parents don’t take it seriously though. Trying to guilt you? Seriously? That’s fucked

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~Endeavour was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2018, 01:55 AM   #3
MarthaWoodbury

Name: Martha
Default Re: Anger

Hey, this is really sad to know about your situation.
MarthaWoodbury is offline   Reply With Quote