Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 11th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #1
elegant egotist

elegant egotist's Forum Picture

Default Tragic

Okay this may seem a bit ironic but here's the thing...
I got kicked out of my house a few days ago and I'm living with a friend of mine..but I'm gonna get back into my house soon.
Here's the story..

I was at my girlfriends house when I got a call on my cellphone.
It was my stepdad, and it just so happens that he's a drug attic, junkey, crackhead, etc.
At the time I had 4 bucks on my dresser at home. He asked me for it so he can..I don't know..get his fix or something. So yeah, we made a deal because it just so happens that I couldn't go to a place I always to go to on the weekends which is called "MainStreet". It's a really cool place and all my friends are there on the weekends and you know we'd go see a movie at the theater there or eat ice cream at ColdStone or dine at Jhonny Rockets, we'd have fun. And so that was like my favorite place on Earth and he knew I loved it, so we made a deal if I'd give him the 4 bucks he'd let me go whenever I wanted to end quote. So like a few weeks passed and I decided to go and he started lying and making no sense saying "Whenever doesn't mean whenever". So I was like "Okay, you basically used me for drugs, are you happy with that?" He pushed me and me without thinking reacted on an impulsing rage in my heart because of the previous things he put me and my little brother threw. I Hit him, and we began to fight. I WON! LMAO. My mom broke it up before I could do anymore damage. Ironically the house we have is under his name so he said that if I didn't get out his house my mom and my little brother would have to leave. So she told me to leave. I didn't blame her...because I know she thought about what life would be like for her children not having a roof over there heads. And with my mom's budget we're not one of those family's that can just get up and go and migrate to other places to live. AND my grandma's dead() and they sold the house [so there's no running there] and my aunt's and uncle's have their own problems..besides my mom has too much pride. So yeah I love my mom for thinking twice and putting her pride down for my stepdad() (which I hate), due to the sake of me and my little brothers' future lifes..amd also hers. But she cared more about us. So yeah I've been living with my friend for 3 days..I'm going back home today. And I wanna know...

What would you have done if you were a mom in a position like mine?
What would you feel like going back home after fistfighting with the owner, who's a grownup, and you both despise eachother?
Did my mom make a good decision?

IF YOU READ ALL THIS I OFFICIALY LOVE YOU.

Scapegoat Wax
elegant egotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #2
elegant egotist

elegant egotist's Forum Picture

Default Re: Tragic

it's a petty deal but hey, on his part it is

Scapegoat Wax
elegant egotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #3
kitkat92
Member+

kitkat92's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant egotist View Post
What would you have done if you were a mom in a position like mine?
What would you feel like going back home after fistfighting with the owner, who's a grownup, and you both despise eachother?
Did my mom make a good decision?
Well if i was ur mum I woud have probably left if i had somewhere 2 go.
I probably wouldnt go back 2 for along time, I might do depending on how I felt, but I wouldnt want to and would stay away for aslong as I could.
She may have made the right decision seeing as now you have somewhere 2 go back 2.

But the thing about me is I would probably do something different if it happened to me.
An I love you to. Lol XD

Underground_Network is my penguin.
japanman is my son.
[crazy]girl, cslag, kerry, walkin_contradiction and essasteph are my sisters.
japanman is my brother.
fourseasons is my cousin.
If anyone ever needs someone to talk to PM me
kitkat92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #4
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

This is a terrible situation for you, I understand your frustration. It's really hard to be dependent on adults who are irresponsible.

To answer your 3 questions:

1) If I were a mom (eventhough I'm a guy) in that position I would work on a plan to either get my husband to quit drugs, or I'd work on a plan to leave him. But that's me. Your mom might not have the resources to do this, right away, so the goals for HER would be to set up a plan to do either one of those 2 things, soon. You might help her with that by talking calmly about how crazy and out of control and dangerous it is, sometimes people (surprisingly) cannot see this, they're too close to it.

2) I would feel a bit of humiliation at going home after a fist fight, until I realized that I wasn't dealing with a proper adult. Going home now isn't an admission of guilt or 'losing', it's good sense. It's your home, too. And, by being home you can help your mom see more clearly what's going on and what needs to be done. Forget your ego here, you're clearly the one with better judgement, the rules are different. You didn't 'lose'. The adult who smokes crack is the loser. Game over.

3) Your mom made the only decision she felt she could make. People don't always make the best decisions in a crisis. Now, the immediate crisis has passed, and you have the opportunity to help her make another, better decision. But, do NOT be beligerent, it will only seem as if you're holding a grudge. You want to shine a light on reality, and nothing makes that glow in all it's detail better than calmness.

Good luck, and stay away from this guy, he cannot be trusted to keep his word or act rationally.

Last edited by IAMSAM; June 11th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote