Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #1
johndoe1112
Member++

johndoe1112's Forum Picture

Name: john
Default tryed to kill myself last night

i was depressed and i went in my room and got fishing line and wrapped it around my neck and pulled really hard and i realized that this is not good i could not loosed the line and thank god i was smoking i pulled out my matches and burned the line off but now i got a huge burn on my neck but im ok and i'm never going to try to do it ever again and im sorry if this is in the wrong place i'm not really on this side of the forum often

Too weird to live too rare to die-raoule duke
johndoe1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #2
fordgtguy
Banned

Default Re: tryed to kill myself last night

suicide is the last thing you can do, think about all the people its going to effect (Parents,friends,family)etc. I had a cousin hang himself and it was on of the worst feelings i have ever felt. Be strong dude suicide is for the weak push through it things will get better.
fordgtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #3
candorgen
neophyte ietsist

candorgen's Forum Picture

We are here to listen and help wherever possible. Just ask someone, with PM or otherwise. Talking about it does a lot.
You are alive, and losing life is irreversible. For being here you get a lot of *hugs*. Don't give up.
candorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

You can talk to anyone here. Firstly though make sure you get rid of fishing line, razors, ANYTHING you could use to harm yourself so that you're not tempted. Take care

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarannosaurus View Post
You can talk to anyone here. Firstly though make sure you get rid of fishing line, razors, ANYTHING you could use to harm yourself so that you're not tempted. Take care
I'm not so sure that's going to work simply because people manage to kill them selves in mentalnunits and prison all the time. And they take EVERYTHING away from them. They still find a way. If the feeling is strong enough there's so many ways besides what you can get rid of. Just saying

I would personally try to focus on the fact that you likely my not succeed but end up impaired or damaged for the rest of your life. Think about how bad it would be to be in the position where you are now worse off and can't do anything about it. That usually works for me when I feel this way. Usually if you resist the feeling it goes away in 15-60 minutes and you don't feel so bad. Just remove your self from the bad situation or do something like watch funny videos and distract. Before I know it I'm laughing my ass off lol.
I know this is so hard if not impossible in the heat of them moment. But all we can do is try right?

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #6
johndoe1112
Member++

burned the shit out of my neck but im her and im fine

Old December 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #7
chezhans

chezhans's Forum Picture

Name: Hans

HOW DID YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO DO THAT? Suicide is the last resort which should never ever ever ever be touched unless it's the end of the world and there is evidently nothing to live for. If anyone on this VT forum amongst other people in your life can still find things that you could live for, then you have no right to commit suicide.

chezhansphotography.blogspot.com

"And that's our broadcast for tonight…I'll see you here later tonight for Dateline but until then, at least for now, it's good night from us"
chezhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #8
johndoe1112
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezhans View Post
HOW DID YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO DO THAT? Suicide is the last resort which should never ever ever ever be touched unless it's the end of the world and there is evidently nothing to live for. If anyone on this VT forum amongst other people in your life can still find things that you could live for, then you have no right to commit suicide.
and who the fuck are you to say that really have you ever felt down and can't get back up. well until you do shut the fuck up

Old December 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Harley Quinn
Puddin'

Harley Quinn's Forum Picture

Name: Siobhan

I suggest you both calm down, if you have issues with each other, take it up in private. This is a sensitive issue and everyone needs to respect that.

Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

[Emerald Dream] if I had a 30 minute orgasm, I would probably need to sleep for a week

~Stevennn

*Ali*
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #10
Josef_
Junior Member+

Josef_'s Forum Picture

Name: Josef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezhans View Post
That's not something you can just say! Some people DO consider suicide as a resort, and if anything not a last resort. Things can be painful, and they don't know how to solve it. Permanent solution to what could be a temporary problem(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe1112 View Post
i was depressed and i went in my room and got fishing line and wrapped it around my neck and pulled really hard and i realized that this is not good i could not loosed the line and thank god i was smoking i pulled out my matches and burned the line off but now i got a huge burn on my neck but im ok and i'm never going to try to do it ever again and im sorry if this is in the wrong place i'm not really on this side of the forum often
I'm sorry you felt this way. I hope you're considering more solutions as to help your depression. Sometimes things get hard! They truly do, it's all apart of growing up. But you know people would be very sad to not have you around! People might question your burn mark, but I wouldn't gloat about it. Forget about it, and don't bring it back it. That will help to never consider that as a option to solve depression.

I hope you're feeling better! If you wish to ever talk, feel free to message me

Last edited by Harley Quinn; December 18th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
Josef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #11
survivor
Member+

survivor's Forum Picture

Name: Jess

It's just good that you're still here. Though I can never say I know exactly how someone feels, we've all been through a lot. I've had that feeling of being pushed into a corner and only seeing one way out. It's really good that you had that match, a burn is a hell of a lot better than losing your life. You really should try and get rid of your line, or at least not keep it where it is super easy to get at ('cause you might go fishing) and just try and be strong. If you ever need to talk to anyone, feel free to PM me.

I am an artist. A carver to be exact. My body is my canvas. On it I draw a map.

we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #12
RavleIncarnate
Nice Poster

RavleIncarnate's Forum Picture

Name: Danie

I've felt that way a lot but I love music so I cheer myself up with the following:

Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
La La La - Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith
Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
People Like Us - Kelly Clarkson
Part of Me - Katy Perry
Dark Side - Kelly Clarkson

I guess I put those alone in my 'Motivatio' folder for those times especially. Try them if you want, they always work for me, at least with time given, and o I drown my sorrows in music, not alcohol or some sick drug.
RavleIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #13
johndoe1112
Member++

i perfer black and milds but i listen to a great deal of music

Old December 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #14
Sanctum

Sanctum's Forum Picture

Name: Arian

Then you canceled your ticket to the Hell!!!
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #15
Josef_
Junior Member+

Josef_'s Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctum View Post
Then you canceled your ticket to the Hell!!!
Now that's bringing religion into the situation.. which is not what this is about..
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Sanctum

Sanctum's Forum Picture

Name: Arian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inori View Post
Now that's bringing religion into the situation.. which is not what this is about..
I just tried to prevent him from any other actions, although it's true
Sanctum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Josef_
Junior Member+

Josef_'s Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctum View Post
I just tried to prevent him from any other actions, although it's true
It probably wouldn't matter.

Suicide is something that you consider when you feel there is nothing other to consider. Religion would (most likely) not help in any way.

Sorry