Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #1
minimoya

minimoya's Forum Picture

Default The Pressure of Grades

I don't know how it happened. I had four A's and one B for Quarter 1 of the semester. One of those A's was in English. I'm in CP English, not honors (I wish I was in honors). We're reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I don't like it one bit, and I can't make sense of it. My teacher gives reading quizzes every time she assigns readings, and they're open-note. I once took three pages of notes for a reading that was 30 pages long. Anyway, through Quarter 2 ("Q2"), I've gotten 50% on all my reading quizzes (they're only ten points, but are worth 42.5% and that is merged with homework. She always asks questions on stuff I didn't take note of because reading quizzes are never in my favor. The book just doesn't make sense, and I hate her too much to see her for help. She won't even be a help at all. But I did email her, and she has yet to respond. I have a 68 average (D+) for Q2. She doesn't give tests, so I can't majorly improve my grade. I'm really fucking pissed off lately.

Any advice?

Gay male--taken. Photographer. Skier. Golfer (horrible, but have fun). Saxophone. Of Colombian, Irish, and Canadian descent. Love Peeta Mellark!

Questions? PM me.
minimoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Josef_
Junior Member+

Josef_'s Forum Picture

Name: Josef
Default Re: The Pressure of Grades

Now normally I would go the easy way out and just look up a summary, but..

I feel your pain. Books like those suck. My best advice is to wait for her E-mail. She might just be able to help you, may you hate her or not. That's the reality of it ;( Sorry! I probably didn't help. If you have any more questions you can message me.
Josef_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3
chezhans

chezhans's Forum Picture

Name: Hans

I feel the pain. I just finished second semester here in Australia and grades came out for the end of year report earlier this week--and I wasn't happy at all! By all means though, improving your grade and improving your mark will never be a teacher thing, it is an individual matter. I have always had this motto for school:

"THE TEACHER HELPS BUT THE STUDENT DOES" (and it works every time!…well almost)

PM me if you have any further Qs. I can always help

chezhansphotography.blogspot.com

"And that's our broadcast for tonight…I'll see you here later tonight for Dateline but until then, at least for now, it's good night from us"
chezhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #4
mathewjohn

Name: mathew

I think you don't take tension, The reason is that the tension is not the solution of it. Just face the real situation with bravely. I you just work hard to get good result. Thanks for sharing.
mathewjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #5
lijrobert

lijrobert's Forum Picture

Name: Elijah

I'm in advanced/honors english at my school and I've had the same thing happen to me. All I can really say is Sparknotes is your best friend and keep on trying as hard as you can. That's crazy that she doesn't give any tests. Best of luck.
lijrobert

No hablo español, pero estoy estudiando español.
lijrobert is offline   Reply With Quote