Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 28th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Avenida105

Avenida105's Forum Picture

Name: Sam
Unhappy Will things get better?

I have come to hate thanksgiving because it simply reminds me of all the bad things that happen to me. At some point in life I think I was thankful, I had a house, my own room and bathroom, I lived with my parents. My mom and dad decided it would be best if I finished my high school in the states, rather than the international school I was attending, because of AP's scholarship opportunities and such things.

So I moved to back California, after living in El Salvador for two years and well I moved to my uncle's apartment and he built a "room" within the living room and that is where I live now.

For the past three years, and specially during this week I come to realize of how much my life sucks now. So I have a friend, and I got in an argument with him yesterday, I have to admit I was being an asshole, but how can someone with a 2.89gpa, with adhd, who doesn't work, and doesn't even give a fuck be so luck and happy. He gets a $250 monthly allowance, while I have to work to get my own money and get $400 month working 10 hours every week. I've been trying so much to maintain my weighted gpa at 4.5, been attending to church just to please my parents, cleaning my room, doing stuff normal teenager don't do. Yet bad stuff always happens to me I had to get a replacement phone for $150, had to get a mechanic to come over and open my car after I locked the keys in for $65 all during the same week in which I had to pay $250 for my college applications.

I'm not going to pressure my parents because I know my mom and my step dad are starting up a new business after they had to shut down both of their current individual business and my dad has a wife, and a daughter and I don't want him to pay more attention to me than them. Will things get better or worse?

These days I really feel like juts giving up and ending everything

Get down to biz my ninja
Avenida105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Jessiibear
Junior Member+

Jessiibear's Forum Picture

Name: Jessica
Default Re: Will things get better?

They say it gets better. And I'm proof that life "gets better" when it feels like it, not necessarily when you want it to. Some say it just gets better without you having to make it so, but others say you gotta work for it.

I hear ya, shit keeps happening to you. Why you? Why me? Why any of us? Why do I have to work so hard and take the blame for everyone's bullshit while they get more money and more opportunities and more friends and all that? It ain't fair. It never is. One thing I taught myself to realize in a moment of desperation, though, is that EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON you see on the street or on the TV or at school or driving in their cars on the road has SOMETHING going on. NO ONE gets it better than everyone else and NO ONE gets it worse than everyone else. It's trippy, I know. But try to see that although things seem like shit now, they will get better and even if they don't, it helps to think that. No lol but for real, if you believe things will get better, they will. If you don't, they won't (or they will but you just won't notice because you'll think they haven't).

Again, I hear ya. I really, really do. Life is shit. It's like the definition of life. But you always hear people say "Life's what you make it" "Chin up" "Look at the bright side"...it's almost like our way of coping with having to stay in life for so many years. Rule of thumb (survival tip): Try not to be envious of other people. 'Cause as I said somewhere above, there's ALWAYS gonna be someone who has it better than someone else. And most times, you might come to wonder (as you do with your friend) why they're so "successful" in such unlikely circumstances. Trust me, I'm the same way. Especially in school, I always saw the nerds or outcasts in a group. Like, wtf?? Not fair...I mean, I'm decent, I guess, but they fit in more than me. So yeah, not cool.

By the way, there's really no such thing as a "normal" teenager, or person for that matter. What you might see as "normal" is really just stereotypical. I knew loads of teenagers who had curfew and had to clean their room or went to church or just kept out of trouble (even those teens I saw as bad kids or hotties with lives). It's good discipline, though, what you've been doing. It's in no way bad or frowned upon. Bad things seem to happen to good people. Take Martin Luther King, for example, or Jesus. :/ Or um, I don't know... innocent babies who die at the hands of their wicked parents, young dying children with cancer, you, me. But that, again, is life. Bad things happen to bad people too. Remember that. I promise you it is not just you. You are not alone. Like, I'd bet you a billion bucks you're not. I've seen a lot, trust me.

Your mind is playing tricks on you, making you see everything as shittier than they really are. Shit happens. Our brains are like this (and forgive me, I think too much): there's simply a dirty transparent guard blocking the world, so...we see everything as really bad and depressing, like the world is out to get us. There are different reasons why our transparent frames get dirty, but we sorta need to find the right cleaner to get all that grime off.

Hang in there. I'm here if you ever want to talk. <3

~Please, call me Jess!

I wAnT tO cHaNgE tHe WoRlD, iNsTeAd I sLeEp...AlL tHaT i KnOw Is I'm BrEaThInG. AlL i CaN dO iS kEeP bReAtHiNg. AlL wE cAn Do Is KeEp BrEaThInG. [Ingrid Michaelson]
Jessiibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Dark Unicorn
Member+

Dark Unicorn's Forum Picture

Name: Chiedza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenida105 View Post
I have come to hate thanksgiving because it simply reminds me of all the bad things that happen to me. At some point in life I think I was thankful, I had a house, my own room and bathroom, I lived with my parents. My mom and dad decided it would be best if I finished my high school in the states, rather than the international school I was attending, because of AP's scholarship opportunities and such things.

So I moved to back California, after living in El Salvador for two years and well I moved to my uncle's apartment and he built a "room" within the living room and that is where I live now.

For the past three years, and specially during this week I come to realize of how much my life sucks now. So I have a friend, and I got in an argument with him yesterday, I have to admit I was being an asshole, but how can someone with a 2.89gpa, with adhd, who doesn't work, and doesn't even give a fuck be so luck and happy. He gets a $250 monthly allowance, while I have to work to get my own money and get $400 month working 10 hours every week. I've been trying so much to maintain my weighted gpa at 4.5, been attending to church just to please my parents, cleaning my room, doing stuff normal teenager don't do. Yet bad stuff always happens to me I had to get a replacement phone for $150, had to get a mechanic to come over and open my car after I locked the keys in for $65 all during the same week in which I had to pay $250 for my college applications.

I'm not going to pressure my parents because I know my mom and my step dad are starting up a new business after they had to shut down both of their current individual business and my dad has a wife, and a daughter and I don't want him to pay more attention to me than them. Will things get better or worse?

These days I really feel like juts giving up and ending everything
Yes!Absolutely yes things will get better!Guaranteed!A hundred percent.I don't know if this means anything but my life also sucks to the highest degree right now and I know it sucks when there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel but hang in there buddy.If it's worth anything I will be praying for you and I truly hope things start looking up for you.
Dark Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Captain Canada
Member++

Captain Canada's Forum Picture

Name: Zephyr

The universe doesnt hate one person. The universe agrees with you If you think life will get worse then that will happen, however if you think it will get better, it WILL get better. Dont try and jump from one side of lake to the other. Take your time building a boat so you can smoothly sail across the water Meaning, take baby steps. Life doesnt get better over night, it takes time.

OH CANADA

Bisexual | New Yorker | Hockey Fan

"Why do we fall sir? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again"
Captain Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #5
Nihilus
Awesome Poster

Nihilus's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

It will get better. I would suggest doing some things that matter to you. I noticed that when I do that, my outlook on life looks so much better.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."
―The Code of the Sith
Darth Nihilus, Lord of Hunger
Nihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Yes it will. There are lots of people in your situation. Though I understand. There aren't jobs in this country right now. And the top 1% wants to keep it that way or make it worse. So its inevitable that many of us won't make the cut and end up staying pour. So begins the rat race... Do what your best at, do what you love and try your hardest!

Sorry if it's a dumpy view but Ive never seen much sense in sugar coating the facts. But it shouldn't make you feel bad. Aim for exactly what you want!

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote