Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:26 AM   #21
mazrim
New Member
 
Join Date: August 18, 2018
Gender: Male
Default Re: Kanye West has lunch with President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Hollywood, thats pretty vague, the Clintons are centre-right not liberal and who the fuck is George Soros?
What makes you say the Clintons are center right? What definitions of right and left are you even using here? I doubt it is the widely understood definitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
See where the Clintons stood on prison reform, marriage equality, economic policy and war before realising that being 'liberal' would make them more popular. Hell, both were prominant Young Republicans in college before they found decent careers in the Democratic Party. The Clintons are and have always been Republican-Lite running on a Democratic ticket because little actually separated the parties until around the 60s-90s when the parties adopted their current dynamic. Back then, Bill could run as a pretty economically and socially conservative candidate and still claim to be 'liberal'. But now, thanks to great strides made in social campaigns such as with marriage equality Hillary (as the more prominent spouse) has had a sudden (and often satirised) change of heart and is now fully for everything liberal.
So the Clintons starting out Republican but marching further and further to the left throughout their lives and careers somehow means.....they are still Republican.....alright then.....

Double posts merged. ~Jinglebottom

Last edited by Jinglebottom; October 16th, 2018 at 10:42 AM.
mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 05:31 PM   #22
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Magnus
Join Date: April 11, 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Default Re: Kanye West has lunch with President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazrim View Post
So the Clintons starting out Republican but marching further and further to the left throughout their lives and careers somehow means.....they are still Republican.....alright then.....
As I stated, it was never a case of 'marching further and further to the left throughout their lives' it was a case of 'crap this stance is no longer popular, we need to completely flip.' For example, Hillary (since Bill hasn't been politically relevant since 2001) was firmly against same-sex marriage in 2000, back when that was an acceptable position to hold as a 'liberal' politician at the time. In 2006, she stated her support of 'state's right to permit same-sex marriages' which is more liberal than 2000 but clearly a neutral statement to detract attention from her own personal views on the matter. Suddenly, same-sex marriage becomes a bigger social issue than ever before and Hillary is all for same-sex marriage in 2010 onwards. I wouldn't call her 'Republican-Lite' just because of her previous views or standpoints but because her politics has always been fake and popularity-based: she has stood for no major issue unless forced to to remain viewed as a 'liberal' senator. I refer to her youth because as she grew older, her standpoints and public persona became increasingly fake and manufactured, with only her youth and past acting as any evidence on what she actually ever believed. The right HATE Hillary: the left HATE Hillary. The only people who love Hillary and the wider Clinton family are the neo-liberal ruling factions of the Democratic party.

Last edited by ShineintheDark; October 16th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 09:32 PM   #23
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: Kanye West has lunch with President Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackParadePixie View Post
and the media is one of them...? Yet the media is a profit driven business just like everything else.
Doesn't make it right or means everyone is fine with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 08:05 PM   #24
lliam
Awesome Poster
 
lliam's Forum Picture
 
Name: Liam
Join Date: July 29, 2015
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Kanye West has lunch with President Trump

it means surviving reality without judging the status quo.





"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."



lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 01:54 AM   #25
the_power_slave
Great Poster
 
the_power_slave's Forum Picture
 
Name: eli.
Join Date: February 4, 2018
Location: in poor taste
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Kanye West has lunch with President Trump

all i gotta say is... *uses raspy voice* makin 'merica great again

\it works now/

the place where you ask the_power_slave questions, and he answers them.

"ikr? its not like life is just one big low rent horror film."

Available for birthday parties, not christenings.
the_power_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2018, 12:20 PM   #26
Tim the Enchanter
Great Poster
 
Tim the Enchanter's Forum Picture
 
Name: Timothy
Join Date: December 6, 2017
Location: Neverland
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Kanye West has lunch with President Trump

That was a pretty dope meeting


JUST TIM
Also known as, the hash-slinging slasher


Likes: (1)
Tim the Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org