Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 4th, 2018, 04:56 PM   #1
Gazebo

Gazebo's Forum Picture

Default Toothpaste???

Okay this is going to sound silly but when I looked online I could really find no answers so I guess Ill give this a shot.

So whenever I brush my teeth with your normal minty toothpaste, it makes me feel sick and sometimes even throw up. It is a VERY unpleasant feeling of course, and the use of mouthwash makes me feel even worse. Even mint GUM has caused me to feel ill. This has never happened to me before but I think it started really after I began using mouthwash often. The feeling can last up to a couple hours and really only starts to go away after I have to burp a few times.

Does anybody else have this problem? I saw that other people online were having the same issue and werent given much help. If so what did you do to remedy the situation? Would a different flavored toothpaste help out at all? I go to see the dentist Monday so I will probably ask them for help as well.

We stalk at night
We prey at night
Were the rats
Gazebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 09:34 AM   #2
cinderfella
Member+

Default Re: Toothpaste???

Me kinda mostly when its the pasty minty toothpaste. I kinda gag when tasting it coz I just don't like the way the pasty toothpastes taste. The only pasty toothpaste I could stand is Colgate Total mostly coz how mild that stuff tastes and how effective it is.

I usually like the clear mouthwash like toothpastes but it doesn't seem to last long for me and the moment I take a bite out of something the refreshing sensation runs out pretty quick.
cinderfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM   #3
mick01
Awesome Poster

mick01's Forum Picture

Name: Mick

There are different kinds of toothpastes out there that are not mint flavored. And since I've heard of this problem before, there must be brands that cater to sensitive people, like yourself. So you could either wait and ask the dentist or go to the store and check out the different brands.
mick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:08 PM   #4
InternetTeen
Great Poster

Name: I am who I am, I am who I was, and I am who I will always be
Location: With my parents who live with me who live next to my neighbours house who live next to my house

I have had toothpaste that has made me gag and feel a bit sick. I wonder if they make chocolate toothpaste.
InternetTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:45 AM   #5
plasmaspirit
Member+

Name: J.

I don't have a reaction to toothpaste lol. Mostly because I don't swallow or let it linger on my tongue too long the That being said my brother has a weird unopened bottle of chocolate toothpaste from the local Colgate which I think thats about 20 years old he claims. He said its pretty weird and rare thats why he keeps it. I asked him for the taste and its more like if you add chocolate milk on toothpaste he says.

I kill the threads I post in and if you PM I probably never stop replying *imagine witty signature here*
16 Male Bisexual. PM VM or talk to me just be nice!

............Took a break for my health..........
Still battling anxiety and depression
plasmaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2018, 06:30 AM   #6
Hermes
VT Lover

Chocolate toothpaste is a strange idea. Cocoa is pretty bitter so usually chocolate has loads of sugar in, just what you don't want when you're cleaning your teeth. Of course, they could have used an artificial sweetener but despite the advertising I have yet to find one that tastes good.

On the original question I wonder if the mint flavour is doing something weird for you or whether it is an association thing. Having liquid, even a relatively thick one, run towards the back of your mouth towards your throat when you aren't drinking or deliberately swallowing can feel mildly distressing. That's probably more likely to happen at the dentist than cleaning your teeth at home but does it help if you incline your mouth slightly forward, i.e. so you're looking slightly down and therefore when you're not actually brushing your back teeth it runs forward in your mouth, not backwards?
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 09:05 AM   #7
centreoftheuniverse

centreoftheuniverse's Forum Picture

Name: sophia

not entirely sure why you're having the reaction, but my advice would be to try something more natural, with as little chemicals as possible. i use a natural toothpaste by brush naked (brushnaked.com), or you can try make your own - their are plenty of recipes online, and they don't require much.
centreoftheuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 02:10 PM   #8
Gvanni
Member+

Gvanni's Forum Picture

Name: Giovanni

Sounds like an allergic reaction to mint products. If the same thing doesn’t happen with mint tea it’s probably the chemicals they use when making mint toothpaste and gum.

no fucks given, you dig?
Gvanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2018, 08:25 AM   #9
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

My grandma swears by brushing her teeth with baking soda, which has no taste. You might try that as an alternative and see how it works for you.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2018, 04:58 AM   #10
Keenan.

Keenan.'s Forum Picture

Name: Keenan

swap toothpastes

"There is no greatest waste of time than regret"
Keenan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 03:07 PM   #11
Holby
Junior Member+

Holby's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous

You should see your dentist about it. They are most likely going to have an idea of what could be going on and should help you find toothpaste that doesn't make you sick.
Holby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 06:02 PM   #12
Abyssal Echo
Lone Wolf

Abyssal Echo's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I suggest you try using a different kind or brand of tooth paste... I had a similar problem now I get my toothpaste from infowars.com/store its a bit pricey but I haven't had any problems since I started using it.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Mark Twain
Abyssal Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 02:03 AM   #13
centreoftheuniverse

centreoftheuniverse's Forum Picture

Name: sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie2003 View Post
My grandma swears by brushing her teeth with baking soda, which has no taste. You might try that as an alternative and see how it works for you.
i was talking to my mother about trying this and she said baking soda is very abrasive, and rubs the enamel off your teeth?

14, witch, feminist, violinist, pianist, earth-lover.
centreoftheuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2018, 09:31 AM   #14
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by centreoftheuniverse View Post
i was talking to my mother about trying this and she said baking soda is very abrasive, and rubs the enamel off your teeth?

Toothpaste is also very abrasive and also rubs the enamel off your teeth, but they sell it for that purpose. Gel type toothpastes which are clear are less abrasive than the opaque sort.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2018, 10:55 PM   #15
Caro2004

Caro2004's Forum Picture

Name: Carolin

I gag with certain toothpastes but it's the baking soda (Arm & Hammer) ones which do that. For me, the minty ones are fine. So... Maybe trying a baking soda one, as someone else has suggested, might be your solution?

Good luck!

Love to hear from anyone - you can never have enough friends!
Caro2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2018, 02:55 PM   #16
Lena15
Banned

Name: Lena

Maybe it's an allergic reaction. but as has already been written, it is really also baking soda or ask in the drugstore for toothpaste for children without taste/flavour.
Lena15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 05:07 PM   #17
NoLimitGuy

First of all, do you swallow toothpaste or mouthwash? If you do that, you shouldn't. Toothpaste isn't meant for inner taking... It might as well be an allergic reaction to mint...
NoLimitGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 09:25 PM   #18
Connordude

Connordude's Forum Picture

Name: Connor

You could be intolerant to menthol or something?
Connordude is offline   Reply With Quote