Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #1
Furby
Junior Member+

Furby's Forum Picture

Default Anxiety Attacks

Who here has anxiety problems...
What set off ur first anxiety attack?
Also anxiety happens when ur body thinks somthing is wrong with it but nothing really is.
So all of the blood goes through ur body~ and ur fingers, toes, mouth and throat goes numb beacuse they don't get enough blood to them. ~and doesn't get to ur fingers toes mouth and throat as said.
As far as meds go they do nothing since its all in ur head. They just make u think it does somthing then ur body regulates itself.
What set off my first anxiety attack was i was dumb high and I was looking at a very large carrot while eating it and i stopped eating it and looked at it for a long time and i remeber seeing the stuff that was in it like atoms or the cromesones(not sure how to spell that) then I stopped being high after a while when homw and i remembered that carrot and the fact that it was inside me was simply weird and I ended up having an anxiety attack...never went to the doctor my mom called the squad.
Furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi
Default Re: Anxiety Attacks

Actually, anxiety meds can be more than just the placebo effect you're talking about. If you've ever taken something like Xanax or Ativan, you'll likely know what I'm talking about. I've been on anxiety drugs that were more-or-less placebos (Buspar, in case you're wondering. Apparently it works for some people, but most doctors in the field dismiss it and it did absolutely nothing for me. I had the worst panic attack of my life on Buspar, even after taking an extra dose once I felt the anxiety really setting in.). There really is a difference between that and the drugs which are accepted as effective.

My first full-blown panic attack was at freshman orientation, for high school. I got separated from my friends because somehow when we got our schedules they didn't have mine. I had to trek all over the place to get someone who could print one out for me so that I could get my books. I didn't know where I was going because no one seemed able to help me they just sent me somewhere else. The quad was PACKED because of all the students milling around heading to get books, and locker assignments, and paying fees for gym clothes, and getting their school ID cards... I didn't know where any of my friends were, I still had no schedule, and I was trapped in a huge crowd everywhere I went. I spazzed. Luckily my mom was volunteering, she was at the place where you picked up your ID card, and I headed off to find her. By the time I got there, and tried to explain what was happening, I was so jittery and full of adrenaline that I couldn't talk coherantly, I was shaking, I started crying. I didn't know what was wrong with me, only that I didn't feel like I could breathe and my mind was spinning too fast to keep up. It was terrifying.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #3
harveybogart
Banned

Name: harvey

HI Furby,

Well,We all know what anxiety feels like. Our heart pounds before a big presentation or a tough exam. We get butterflies in our stomach during a blind date. We worry and fret over family problems or feel jittery at the prospect of asking the boss for a raise. However, if worries and fears are preventing you from living your life the way you'd like to, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. The good news is, there are many anxiety treatments and self-help strategies that can help you reduce your anxiety symptoms and take back control of your life.

Thanks
harveybogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Furby
Junior Member+

Furby's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveybogart View Post
HI Furby,

Well,We all know what anxiety feels like. Our heart pounds before a big presentation or a tough exam. We get butterflies in our stomach during a blind date. We worry and fret over family problems or feel jittery at the prospect of asking the boss for a raise. However, if worries and fears are preventing you from living your life the way you'd like to, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. The good news is, there are many anxiety treatments and self-help strategies that can help you reduce your anxiety symptoms and take back control of your life.

Thanks
Thanks for the help but I have one more question what happen when u have a sever anxiety attack
Furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Blue63
Member++

Blue63's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I to have anxiety, but a little differently, my attacks aren't sharp and aren't over in minutes. They spread them self out over around an hour, I feel physically sick and find it harder to breathe. My mind runs and all my worries take over me and I can't think straight. Unfortunately, it usually happens when i have exams, a lot of tests, or a huge project to do. Or of course if there is something tragic, when my Grandpa died, I lost it, that's the only time I've ever had anything severe. You just don't think, you can't think. Your body acts, you shut down, that's what happened during my one severe anxiety attack, I explained the ones I usually have already.

The Journal of a Dork,
My Ever Expanding Blog

Free to talk, anytime, always happy to.
Blue63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Brighter.Tomorrow
Awesome Poster

Brighter.Tomorrow's Forum Picture

Name: Tyger Lee

I have them alot(for reason I'll tell you in a PM not over this), mine are caused by the dark, last about 2-5 hours and are pretty bad, I'll shake, and cry. I've had them, for like 4years now, I learned to deal with them, seems how they are caused by the dark for me, they don't get in the way. I will call up my friends on the cell if I'm having a really hard time dealing.

When faced with Two Choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the Question for you, but because in that Brief Moment when the coin is in the air,
You suddenly know what you are Hoping for.

Natalie says:
"I do not need sexual stimulants, I don't have a penis I can't keep up"
Brighter.Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #7
Ryhanna
Awesome Poster

Ryhanna's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Yeah anxiety attacks are a lot more than what you've described, it can totally freeze your mind up so basically, your body is the one that controls, not the mind.

I had to take half this year off school because I couldn't get there cos of anxiety... I felt like such a loner being locked up all the time, being cut off from the world. Luckily I got back a few weeks ago, after talking to lots of councellors (which didn't help at ALL) but my battle isn't over. The thing that helped me most was talking to someone who also experienced anxiety as bad as me, we talked about it and she really gave me ways to combat it. They REALLY help and the only hard part about it really is remembering to do them while your frozen by your anxieties. If you suffer from anxiety and want to ask me some questions I'll be happy to help you, just personal message me. If I can help someone not have to go through what I went through I'll be a very happy person.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Ryhanna is offline   Reply With Quote