Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 11th, 2018, 07:21 AM   #221
ShineintheDark
Awesome Poster

Name: Magnus
Default Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeam View Post
muller is a nuisance a worst, i don' care if trump fires him, in fact i want him to.

& no it's not a goddamn impeachable offense.
Not directly, no. However, it would be the second FBI official that has looked into his campaign that he has directly fired FOR looking into his campaign. Sessions managed to prevent anything major from occurring with the first but even Trump knows that, if he is to repeat his actions and fire Mueller too then there is no way of defending himself from accusations of Obstruction of Justice by both Democrats and Republicans that may then lead onto an impeachment trial. Is it illegal to fire Mueller? No. Is it a very questionable decision if he wants to continue as president without looking extremely guilty? Yes.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2018, 03:34 PM   #222
Dmaxd123
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
Not directly, no. However, it would be the second FBI official that has looked into his campaign that he has directly fired FOR looking into his campaign. Sessions managed to prevent anything major from occurring with the first but even Trump knows that, if he is to repeat his actions and fire Mueller too then there is no way of defending himself from accusations of Obstruction of Justice by both Democrats and Republicans that may then lead onto an impeachment trial. Is it illegal to fire Mueller? No. Is it a very questionable decision if he wants to continue as president without looking extremely guilty? Yes.
i think Mueller needs to double down and get this investigation done in the next 3-4months if nothing comes of it then Trump can fire him without looking bad
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2018, 11:39 PM   #223
Voice_Of_Unreason
Awesome Poster

Voice_Of_Unreason's Forum Picture

I can certainly understand the implications of firing Mueller. If Hillary was president and there was a special counsel and investigation into her mishandling of classified info, then I certainly would not be in favor of her firing them. However, at a certain point investigations into political figures can often become partisan fodder. That is after all the argument liberals had over the Clinton email case, that it was just being used as a political attack on Clinton to hurt her chances in the election rather than an actual search for the truth.

Given the nature of the investigation, that Trump is not a target in the investigation and that nearly a year in and nothing significant pertaining to the core investigation has been found, I will be fine if Trump fires Mueller sometime in the future. I think currently is too soon, but in another 5-6 months, if nothing comes up, firing the special counsel would appear to me as an appropriate action. Of course Dems would be outraged since their whole focus on the midterm elections is Trump impeachment (which is enough to tell you that the Dems aren't in this just to determine the truth), but they'll live.

What always amuses me is how liberals like to harp on how stupid and inept Trump is whenever he posts something on Twitter or says something he probably shouldn't have, but then assert that Trump is capable of orchestrating a grand international collusion scheme to rig the election in his favor and then hide it from US Federal agencies so well that over a year of investigations nothing has been found. Its hard to believe that a "dumb tangerine" is capable of a scheme that would make a Bond villain blush in shame.
Voice_Of_Unreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2018, 06:28 PM   #224
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxd123 View Post
i think Mueller needs to double down and get this investigation done in the next 3-4months if nothing comes of it then Trump can fire him without looking bad
Muller needs to take his time and make sure he do his job correctly because of the severity of the accusations and what it could mean for the president if hes guilty. To be fair the investigation as been picking up some speed since the first indictment a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
I can certainly understand the implications of firing Mueller. If Hillary was president and there was a special counsel and investigation into her mishandling of classified info, then I certainly would not be in favor of her firing them. However, at a certain point investigations into political figures can often become partisan fodder. That is after all the argument liberals had over the Clinton email case, that it was just being used as a political attack on Clinton to hurt her chances in the election rather than an actual search for the truth.

Given the nature of the investigation, that Trump is not a target in the investigation and that nearly a year in and nothing significant pertaining to the core investigation has been found, I will be fine if Trump fires Mueller sometime in the future. I think currently is too soon, but in another 5-6 months, if nothing comes up, firing the special counsel would appear to me as an appropriate action. Of course Dems would be outraged since their whole focus on the midterm elections is Trump impeachment (which is enough to tell you that the Dems aren't in this just to determine the truth), but they'll live.
The difference with the Clinton emails is that no indictment came out of it, for the Muller investigation they are indictments from it to people related to the Trump campaign, including one of his former campaign managers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
What always amuses me is how liberals like to harp on how stupid and inept Trump is whenever he posts something on Twitter or says something he probably shouldn't have, but then assert that Trump is capable of orchestrating a grand international collusion scheme to rig the election in his favor and then hide it from US Federal agencies so well that over a year of investigations nothing has been found. Its hard to believe that a "dumb tangerine" is capable of a scheme that would make a Bond villain blush in shame.
Vladimir Putin was the one orchestrating this thing if Trump was involved in anyway it would be because of his stupidity and how easily he can be manipulated. As for hiding it from the FBI and other agencies, this is the guy who admitted obstruction of justice on live TV were talking about.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2018, 04:54 AM   #225
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

The Cyrillic text is in Serbian. It means "Do not mess around or I will break your cunt". Best interpretation is "Do not mess around or I will kick your ass".

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
VT's most likely to become president of 2017
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2018, 11:24 AM   #226
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post

The Cyrillic text is in Serbian. It means "Do not mess around or I will break your cunt". Best interpretation is "Do not mess around or I will kick your ass".
Well that pretty much sums up what Putin usually do with people who betrayed him.

Straight Canadian boy
feel free to pm me will talk about anything
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote