Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 11th, 2019, 01:08 AM   #1
Sevun
Member+

Sevun's Forum Picture

Default DREAMING BIG: Chasing my dreams

Hey all,

I really want to change the world. Like truly. But I don't know where to start and that is one heck of an issue. It feels like others my age have already done amazing things and I'm not sure if I should have started earlier or anything.

I was recently at a large city and it made me feel overwhelmed. Everyone in the streets seemed so confident, more beautiful, more purposeful, and it reminded me how life is a bottleneck, and many people dream big, but only a few make it.

Depressing, hey? Anybody else going through the same thing?
Sevun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:30 AM   #2
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy
Default Re: DREAMING BIG: Chasing my dreams

I wouldn't say everyone is so confident. We
all have our ambitions and doubts of how
things and our life r going turn out. Its easy
to get overwhelmed by the big city with all
the people and noises and different sights
because it is a change in habit. If u want to
change the world with ur life u start easy and
do the best u can with ur talents and ambitions.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:23 PM   #3
Sevun
Member+

Sevun's Forum Picture

But I wonder , is it even possible sometimes? I'm a high achiever and people tell me that I'm going to do amazing things, but I'm afraid I won't.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:46 PM   #4
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

If U consider urself ur a high achiever-U strive
for higher things and it is a misnomer then that
u think u wont achieve anything. Just do ur best
and let things just follow to ur ability.

Last edited by ska8er; January 12th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old January 12th, 2019, 04:57 AM   #5
Adamant
Nice Poster

Adamant's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

If you really want to change the world i suppose being in politics or running the media helps......or load of money.
I am not a high flyer so i make do with stuff like change the world one little step at a time or if you can't change the world at least change yourself for the better.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2019, 09:07 AM   #6
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
If you really want to change the world i suppose being in politics or running the media helps......or load of money.
I am not a high flyer so i make do with stuff like change the world one little step at a time or if you can't change the world at least change yourself for the better.
Politics and the media don't change
the world they make it worse.
Old January 13th, 2019, 09:52 AM   #7
Adamant
Nice Poster

Adamant's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
Politics and the media don't change
the world they make it worse.
I agree but in theory perhaps they needn't.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 11:27 AM   #8
funkyp

funkyp's Forum Picture

Name: George

I think that's the beauty of life, that you can't really predict what the effect of your actions will be on the long run. That's why everyone has to find his or her own path to success and happiness and there is no template how to achieve your dreams except that you have to try. Probably several times.

As far as changing the world goes, I think, you have to find your passion in life and commit to it. Your deeds and energy will echo in the world around you, be it in school or wherever and the world will change. Probably just a bit, but who knows, maybe also on a global scale.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 04:43 PM   #9
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevun View Post
But I wonder , is it even possible sometimes? I'm a high achiever and people tell me that I'm going to do amazing things, but I'm afraid I won't.
I'm a major overachiever, and often wish that I weren't all that. People have come to expect me to do things and I seriously feel I would be disappointing them if I didn't. But I feel obligated for some reason to step up to the challenge and be the very best Katelynn that I can possibly be. Often I fall short of satisfying myself though, even when others are thrilled with what I've done.

I don't see any possibility of changing the world. Not gonna happen. But maybe if each one of us figures out what he or she is most talented in and puts effort into that one thing, we can each make a little difference, make life a little bit better for someone else, even just make someone smile long enough to forget their own problems. That last one is pretty easy for everyone to do and you don't have to be special or a high achiever to do it. Anyone can
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 04:03 AM   #10
Sevun
Member+

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie2003 View Post
I'm a major overachiever, and often wish that I weren't all that. People have come to expect me to do things and I seriously feel I would be disappointing them if I didn't. But I feel obligated for some reason to step up to the challenge and be the very best Katelynn that I can possibly be. Often I fall short of satisfying myself though, even when others are thrilled with what I've done.

I don't see any possibility of changing the world. Not gonna happen. But maybe if each one of us figures out what he or she is most talented in and puts effort into that one thing, we can each make a little difference, make life a little bit better for someone else, even just make someone smile long enough to forget their own problems. That last one is pretty easy for everyone to do and you don't have to be special or a high achiever to do it. Anyone can
Judging by your message, it seems you and me are on the same page. I think what I mean less about changing the world is just doing something important that will get recognised, but I don't want to do things for fame but for enjoyment, but part of me keeps wanting the recognition. I sort of don't want to change that. Anyway dreaming big isn't a bad thing, ... Right?
Old February 16th, 2019, 01:08 AM   #11
Sevun
Member+

Sevun's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie2003 View Post
I don't see any possibility of changing the world. Not gonna happen.
May I ask when you realised this?
Do you think that perhaps having an impact in your local neighbourhood/community or state is realistic then?

I'm slightly worried that working hard enough is never going to be enough to do well in life.
Old February 16th, 2019, 07:04 AM   #12
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The road opposite the big lake on the island in front of the big city on the mainland.

Making the world a better place by changingcertain circumstances is far a big project. I would say, it's best to start with something you are passionate about it. Or perhaps just by living authenticating your own values ​​and beliefs before other people. And of course by interacting with them and getting involved and such.

I met a young designer who did this in his own way early on, thinking about the environment and people's lives.

He studied design because he saw a holistic approach in this field of creative activity and work to evolve, but also to influence other people's lives and convince them in a practical way that a minimalistic and a more ecologically minded way of life doesn't necessarily mean that one mustn't give up many amenities of civilization.

As a result, he networked with like-minded people, lives with them next neighborhood and realizes joint projects with his those folks. And he gains more and more customers who are interested in his holistic concept.

Maybe at the end of his life, he hasn't much changed the world as we know it, but certainly he helped to make the first steps to a better future.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 11:57 AM   #13
funkyp

funkyp's Forum Picture

Quote:
Anyway dreaming big isn't a bad thing, ... Right?
No, absolutely not, In my opinion at least. I also like to allow myself to dream. I like to play with ideas in my mind, It gives me energy and excitement of what is possible, Not much happens usually, but still it makes me think of positive things and I feel good.
Old February 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM   #14
Katie2003
Awesome Poster

Name: Katelynn

Quote:
May I ask when you realised this?
Do you think that perhaps having an impact in your local neighbourhood/community or state is realistic then?

I'm slightly worried that working hard enough is never going to be enough to do well in life.
My mom is a behavioral psychologist, so I've kinda grown up knowing that it's unlikely any of us can make that major change in the world. But that reality should never keep anyone from going for their dreams because they could be the one person in hundreds of millions who actually DOES change the world.

I think that taking it one step at a time, starting out in your own community and school, church, state is realistic and very possible to make a difference. I've been tutoring younger kids in math for a few years now and been quite successful in bringing their grades up, just for an example, so I know I can do something helpful and it will make a difference in their lives. I feel good about that, and recently when I was asked to help in my own high school classroom with a subject many of the kids were failing, I jumped at the opportunity, and have had great success so far in bringing up those kids grades.

Working hard assures that we will be more successful than those who choose not to. I say never give up chasing your dreams, but don't get disappointed too easily along the way.
Katie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 12:05 PM   #15
funkyp

funkyp's Forum Picture

[QUOTE=Katie2003;3786485
I've been tutoring younger kids in math for a few years now and been quite successful in bringing their grades up, just for an example, so I know I can do something helpful and it will make a difference in their lives. I feel good about that, and recently when I was asked to help in my own high school classroom with a subject many of the kids were failing, I jumped at the opportunity, and have had great success so far in bringing up those kids grades.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's really nice of you!!! Good luck with your efforts!
Old February 20th, 2019, 10:52 AM   #16
dawson123

You can change the world if you want. Firstly you need to find correct college and get high education. After that you will find cool job. Speaking about myself now I am college student and I like my college life and studying but hate write essays. So I apply to others here https://essaypro.com/essay-help.html for help with writing them.

Last edited by dawson123; February 22nd, 2019 at 05:07 AM.
dawson123 is offline   Reply With Quote